Home

New to JKII Outcast? Dont do it!

Derisor

If you are new to JKII Outcast, dont do it. Now that I have you confused and I have your attention, Ill tell you what not to do. Dont use cheat codes your first time. Get the patch and then play through the first time on Jedi level. Solve the puzzles without looking them up. Look around. Try everything.

Why do I post this? Ive finished the game without using cheats or codes. It was the most fun experience at a computer Ive had in a while. WHen you finally figure out that puzzle that has been bugging you for an hour (can you say the "swamp"?) you will get a great feeling. After you solve the game and know where all the enemies are and so on, then feel free to break out the codes and play a bit.

But I highly advise you to solve it once without reading any codes or cheats. Dont deprive yourself.

I also highly advise members of this forum to give out hints instead of spoilers.

Yeah, if you're talking about the part of The Swmp I think you are then I'd have to agree. >.<

I also agree about the non-cheating part. If you take away all the challenging parts, all you're left doing is killing stormtroopers. There are some parts where it's good to have access to a walkthrough though, but make sure you've tried everything before you do. ;)

:gben:Don't give in to hate. That leads to the Dark Side.

I'm a firm believer in playing through without cheats the first time...but after I installed the patch (it was a while ago, and I had played a ton of MP and DL'd 2 skins and a ton of hilts...), Jan Ors' model is REALLY outta whack, looks VERY messed up, and I didn't DL ANY skins for her (only 2 I DL'd were Maul and Vader)... Also, in the beginning level, you know that long tunnel that explodes after you walk through it so you can't get back? Yeah, well, after I had installed the patch (I had played this far before, but had to reinstall), I couldn't see the little flames coming out of the tubes before I went down that passage, and when the cinematic that showed it exploding came on, there were no flames inside the passage, only around it.

Any ideas?

ARGHHHHHH! Did anyone mention Yavin Swamp? ARGH! DO not remind me about such an unholy place.

I used 1 and a half hour to figure it out. I even climbed the mountains(without cheating) and saw beyond the level boundries.

After scouting from the mountains i got a little clue about where to go.. then i saw the litte spring, and thought aw yeah, secret places are often behind waterfall thingies.

I completed the game without looking on any guide and is proud of it. Though i had some trouble on reelo's hideout...:jawa

*makes a mental note to look behind waterfall thingies in this evil rumored swamp thing*

Yeah, I think I'm gunna install JK2 again in a different directory and NOT apply the patch, and use that for Single-Player.

Geez, I've played up to the point that you enter all 3 imperial codes so many freakin times I bet I can do it in under 10 minutes now...I'll test after work if I really can! :)

Just to spoil a 50$ game isn't good.Well, I did...I used cheats and a walktrhough on the game...That sucks doesn't it?Well,after you finish the game with the cheats and the walktrhough you should just use the walktrough.thne after you finish it that time, try to finish the game without cheats or the walktrough.It spoils a bit, but if you can remember everything from the walktrough, it makes the game somewhat better...Try it!

Oh yeah, incase you thought you accidently gave me a spoiler (might have for someone else) about the waterfall thing...don't worry, I've played WAY too many freakin games with stupid waterfall things, and it's the first place I honestly would have went to, but it might not be so obvious, considering I don't play SP very much cause they didn't gimme a freaking zapstick (lightsaber) off the bat...:).

I can't remember EXACTLY, but I think it was Drakan: Order of the Flame that had a really tough one...and if I remember right Wheel of Time had a hidden area behind one as well...

Dudes, the Yavin Swamp wasn't hard. People seemed to be stuck mostly on the area were you have to go underwater, through that little tunnel. I though that water dripping would be a dead givaway that something was near.

Originally posted by -=|Lyger|=-

yeah i had that crap with all those green broken-glass looking shards all flying at my screen. my dad put on this video card something he downloaded. anyway yeah after that they were all gone. so try to find video card updates or something like that, hell why not go out and buy a new video card.

I don't think that's my problem, I have an ATI Radeon 8500 All in Wonder with the latest drivers, as well as the ATI tweaker set for Jedi Knight II :).

Ewwww ... radeon.

Oh the swamp bugged me. I actually figured out where a shield booster was in there and I een managed to jump up onto the ship as I figured that would b the way to go. I was fixated on the damn ship for a while.

well... um... guys... i... kinda... USED CHEATS!:(

but the game was hard enough with the cheats, took me a month and a half to finish it:(

dont hang me PLEASE:(

but i didnt used walkthroughs adnd the swamp... :eek: ... thats the hardest puzzle they put in the game, but i noticed that 3/4 submered in water tunnel and went through and i was free!:p

but please dont hang me for using cheats, PLEASE:(

Guest HertogJan

/me hangs him

;)

Yeah I got stuck some time in the swamp too! And 1 time on reelo's hideout (although it wasn't THAT hard) and on some other points too, but when I encounter serious trouble, I quit the game and play on next day. I usually find a solution within 15 mins then!

I like singleplayer games, it seems that I'm one of the few people who can play a game without walktrough! I finished Escape from Monkey Island in 1 week, while most of my friends didn't even finish the 2nd Island! Only 1 succeeded in finishing the game, after 1 month :rolleyes:

2 bad, sinleplayer roxx!! I'm looking forward to Deus Ex 2 BTW :D

Archived