Home

The RichDiesel University Tutorial Questions Thread.

WhiteShdw

Use the lip key of the func_door. By default the distance the door moves is the size of the door in the given direction minus the lip which is 8 if you don't give it something else. So if you give it a zero, the door will move as much as its size is. If you give the lip a negative value then it will move more than its size.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by OneWingedAngel

How did you learn all of this? It seems as though you know the answer to every question asked. That's pretty amazing.

I started with Rich's tutorials then read a lot of this forum. Here are very clever people. Last but not least I'm practicing. :) And I am far from knowing the answer for every question. :D

How do I make multiple triggers that trigger only one func_plat?

The same way as you make only one. All the triggers have to have the same target. I mean the same value for their target key, which is the value of the func_plat's targetname key.

I have four questions, and then I'll shut up for a while.

#1 Is it possible to make guns that shoot people, or bots that are stationary that kill anyone who comes near. I'm trying to make some sort of protection in one base, but I can't find out how.

#2 Sometimes after I BSP there's a red line the goes across my map, any ideas what that is?

#3 Is there any way to find a leak other than searching every square inch of my map?

#4 My elevator comes up, but as long as I'm on it, it won't go back down, why?

I have four questions, and then I'll shut up for a while.

#1 Is it possible to make guns that shoot people, or bots that are stationary that kill anyone who comes near. I'm trying to make some sort of protection in one base, but I can't find out how.

#2 Sometimes after I BSP there's a red line the goes across my map, any ideas what that is?

#3 Is there any way to find a leak other than searching every square inch of my map?

#4 My elevator comes up, but as long as I'm on it, it won't go back down, why?

#1: if this is an MP map then you can't place bots where you want. In an SP map the NPCs can be placed whereever you want them. This applies to guns too.

#2 and #3: listen to map maker 101! The red line shows you the leak. Just follow it in the 3D view and find the place where the line goes off your map.

#4: this is normal. I'm not sure but it is possible that map maker is right about that wait key.

Originally posted by RandomMonkey

CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELPME

IM trying to compile my map. And its not workings. It compiles but when i try to run it I get the following error

Error:

CM_Loadmap:

maps/Evil_castle_ctf.bsp has wrong version number (19530681425 should be 1) I had problems before but after I started using the Q3 bsp final it worked again. CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz! i need to test this part of my map

I quoted wrong thing can anyone help me with this?????? this is what i need. Vitally. Soon

Originally posted by Leslie Judge

#2 and #3: listen to map maker 101! The red line shows you the leak. Just follow it in the 3D view and find the place where the line goes off your map.

Thats what i said:rolleyes: I just worded it differently.

And that's why I wrote he should listen to you. :D I learned that more explanation for the same thing is better. At least on this forums. Prevents a few questions.

LOL i'm sory Leslie now that i go and read more carefuly what u said i realize i made the mistake. I thought u said "Listen up Map Maker 101" lol guess i need to be a little more care full for now on but I am glad u could provide more info on the subject:rolleyes:

On another note Angel to getsoomther lighting do a bspfullvis (extra) to get extra detail tracing of the lighting in your map. This process does take longer so i would recomend u wat till finnal version to do unless u like adding another 5 to 10 minutes to your compile times. But i HIGHLY recomend u do a fulviss extra to any map u plan on releasing it makes it look sssssooooooo much better. I have seen some good maps out there but the did things like bsp no light because they where to lazy to put in lights an their maps are all bright and im look horible.

Hope that helped Hapy Maping!:D

Originally posted by map maker 101

their maps are all bright and im look horible.

Erm... I don't understand the relation. Could you post a photo of yourself? :D

BTW: if someone uses q3map2 instead of sof2map to compile then the compile commands starting with "Q3Map2: (final)" are the best in lighting. And the slowest of course. :D

Erm... I don't understand the relation. Could you post a photo of yourself? :D

BTW: if someone uses q3map2 instead of sof2map to compile then the compile commands starting with "Q3Map2: (final)" are the best in lighting. And the slowest of course. :D

LMAO I meant to say IMO (in my opinion) lol I don't look ugly

and dark lord .bak's are backup files of your map. like if u screwed a [revious version of your map rename th . bac to a . map and it will give u an old version of your map.

Im' back!!!

First off, I finished a beta version of my map. If any of you would like it, just email me, and I'll send it to you. btw, my email is lorddarksaber@hotmail.com

Secondly, I've alays had trouble making water, it always either ends up solid, or the testures get screwed up. Can someone explain how to make it in any more detail then Rich Diesal did (sorry Rich, I just don't understand things very easily).

I quoted wrong thing can anyone help me with this?????? this is what i need. Vitally. Soon

So no-one knows??? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I need this!!!! My map is geting close to done, it really good (in my oppinion) AND I CANT COMPILE IT???!!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So no-one knows??? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I need this!!!! My map is geting close to done, it really good (in my oppinion) AND I CANT COMPILE IT???!!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Archived