Home

The RichDiesel University Tutorial Questions Thread.

WhiteShdw

LOL!! I made shader files for some forcefields in my map.....But I have NO IDEA how to turn them off and on?

Is it fx_runner or function or? I just want to know how to make forcefields turn ON / OFF....:)

Thnx in advance......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lauser

LOL!! I made shader files for some forcefields in my map.....But I have NO IDEA how to turn them off and on?

Is it fx_runner or function or? I just want to know how to make forcefields turn ON / OFF....:)

Thnx in advance......

They should be func_wall. You can turn them on and off by triggering them.

Originally posted by DarkLord

Ok, the second is solved. What about the other? Where can I find this sort of shaders? If you really want to know, I am making a whirlwind with a path... How...

I think the best way is what map mapker 101 mentioned: using a shader for the wirlwind effect and make the cone into a func_train which can follow a path.

You will need a semi transparent texture which looks like the wirlwind if you would flatten it, and a shader code wich scrolls it very fast horizontally. Something like:

textures/mymap/wirlwind
{
 q3map_nolightmap
 cull disable
 {
   map textures/mymap/wirlwind.tga
   blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
   tcMod scroll 100 0
 }
}

This is just an example.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm completely lost, I'm on the models in a level, and I put in the bespin bench, but I don't know how to apply the clip brush, please help me sum1?I click on it, but then it wont let me apply it. I dont know whats wrong, I Shift click it in 3d view, a red outline of a box forms around it, and I go to click on the clip, and nutin happens, and it's pissin me off.

Originally posted by BongoBob

I don't know how to apply the clip brush, please help me sum1?I click on it, but then it wont let me apply it.

Well the clip brush is a shader. Here's what you do. Just make a brush surronding your bench and with that entire brush selected click on the CLIP shader. That'll make the bench solid.

But the problem here will be that you'll be able to stand in mid air. So with a bench you'll want to be precise. Place a clip brush over the seat and the back and side rail (if any).

Not that hard to do eh...

Thanks to Rich for a great Tutorial. I reformatted the HTML and printed it out. I kept it in a binder while I learned Radiant. I now feel like I know Radiant almost like the back of my hand.

However...

The biggest thing on my clarification wishlist is: worldspawn options!

I realize that it is used to make global changes to a map, but I can't seem to be able to find an appendix of all the worldspawn options and their parameters. Anyone know where to find this?

Also, I have been using JK2 Radiant for compiling, with BSP FullVIS extra.

I tried compiling with GTK, since so many here seem to heavily tout its compiling, but it gave me a whole host of errors and a stunted BSP file.

C'mon, is there really, really a worthwhile difference to compiling with some more complicated lighting options in GTK?

I can't stand fudging around over technical nits.

Originally posted by Patrick_H

The biggest thing on my clarification wishlist is: worldspawn options! I realize that it is used to make global changes to a map, but I can't seem to be able to find an appendix of all the worldspawn options and their parameters. Anyone know where to find this?

Well if you goto http://qeradiant.com/manual/Q3Rad_Manual/index.htm you'll find a manual for GTKRadiant. In Appendix B you'll find information on the Worldspawn.

useing the richdiesel method i can't get func_door to work

and i i'd have to have a light every couple of squares for the diesired lighting.... and i can't get mirrors to work andsometimes my custom textires appear mirrored so i can't read anything.... and how would i get a song to play on my map?

any help would be greatly appriciated

Archived