Home

The Great "Gundark" Question

Darth Groovy

Will we ever see a "gundark" in a Star Wars film?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will we ever see a "gundark" in a Star Wars film?

• Yes?
    • No?

Actually there is one in the old Super ESB for the Super Nintendo system.

In there they kind of looked like a cross between a cow and a Rhino.

They were just generic drone enemies that all console games have, but it was the first time I saw one.

You can *cough download the ROM and an emulator *cough, not going to post emulation links* if you never got a chance to play the game.

I had Super ESB as well as SW and ROTJ. I don't recall seeing them, but then again back then all I ever did was blast the enemy to pieces, never hardly even looking at the graphics or what it even was I was shooting. I don't know about you but in my opinion Super Star Wars was one hell of a game for a platform console game. Remember the Cantina?

I'm inclined to think now that it's an animal of some kind. For all we knew in ESB, it was a hardy type of plant (like pulling the ear off of a stalk of corn).

Something that had "ears" that required strength to pull off of... anyway.

But, leave it to some websites and EU authors to come up with an explanation (predictably cliche too I'm sure) if they haven't already. ; p

Originally posted by darthgroovyii

I had Super ESB as well as SW and ROTJ. I don't recall seeing them, but then again back then all I ever did was blast the enemy to pieces, never hardly even looking at the graphics or what it even was I was shooting. I don't know about you but in my opinion Super Star Wars was one hell of a game for a platform console game. Remember the Cantina?

Look for a site called "The Emulator Strikes Back".

Then go grab an emulator called "ZSNES".

Start up the game and enter GLTTDJ as your password.

The first stage is really short; all you have to do is find R2-D2 up towards the top.

After the cut scene, stay near the top of the level as you progress. After a few seconds you will see these large rhino things swinging on vines, those are them.

Actually, if you have the game manual lying around they are listed in it with a pic if I remember right.

The SNES games were cool as Hell, and it was the first time you got to see things like womp rats (Super Star Wars) and gundarks.

BTW, I have no idea why they were on Yoda's planet....

Originally posted by Kurgan

I'm inclined to think now that it's an animal of some kind. For all we knew in ESB, it was a hardy type of plant (like pulling the ear off of a stalk of corn).

Something that had "ears" that required strength to pull off of... anyway.

But, leave it to some websites and EU authors to come up with an explanation (predictably cliche too I'm sure) if they haven't already. ; p

That's an imaginative way of seeing things. However when Anakin tells Obi-Wan "who rescued you from that nest of wild Gundarks?" I am thinking it's an animal. It may even be in my Official guide to the Star Wars Universe, but that is unfortunately packed away in moth balls along with most of my other Star Wars collectibles. Homosexual Ewok says they are in the Super NES games, but I hate to give credibility to a company that allows Wampas to appear in levels where wampas should not be and as different colors at that. Unfortunately the original question was were they going to appear in the film. Considering he (George) has so much to tell in such a short time. It may be left as a joke. I think the result of the above poll are accurate.

Archived