Home

Saber Locks? BS wins?

SteaIth

Hey...just a quick question...is there a special "trick" or an easier way to win saber locks than simply beat the $hit outa the attack key? All I've been doing lately is dueling...and I'm usually pretty good...but I rarely win saber locks, and when I fall the bastards always run up and backstab me. 80% of the time if I dont get a saber lock I'll win. I never cared much but after being killed by 2 COMPLETE noobs from this I have to post this. I had 1 guy down to about 20 hp left, I only got hit once, still alot of hp left...we get a saber lock, I go down, he backstabs me.

I joined another room...same thing, guy's predictable, he does the same exact thing, I'll go to light stance, get some easy hits on him...we get in a saber lock, I go down...and of course another backstab.

So is there an easier way to win a saber lock than to smash the hell out of the attack button? I've always been against hitting someone when//if I win a saber lock...I still havent hit a person that fell yet, I usually back off, wait for them to get up, and duel more, I think it's cheap and a BS win to hit someone who can't defend themselves...but obviously others dont feel the same way.

anyone who has a joystick with a turbo button can do this quite easily.

It's scriptable to an extent as well but for the most part, they're probably just better at spamming clicks than you. ;)

I myself haven't found a surefire way to win saber locks without resorting to scripting.

i have the same problem as you, saber locks always hurt me:(

i rarely ever win a saber lock, and if i lose....well, you know what will happen......i'm thinking about getting force speed on an easy key, then i can get up really quickly when they knock me down, but that means i have to have force powers and i play on NF servers too:mad:

LOL Twins, you should try to play against Jah-warrior, he has attack bound to his mousewheel.... It's quite impossible to beat him, unless there's another player who also has bound it to his mousewheel.... Then it's just a matter of who has the best mousewheel that wins.

Originally posted by LoneJedi

Try using 2 keys for attack, click your mouse button and mash the other. Usually helps me out. Ive had a rare occurence where just by winning the lock, I killed the guy, like immediately, he didnt even fall down, just died.

That happens when the guy losing the saberlock is very low on health - then he'll just get his hand cut off *lol*

lol twins. You could also use level 3 push to break up the saber lock if u ever decide to play Force powers :)

Thanks for the replies everyone...I guess I'll just have to try not to get in a lock, and if I do I'll be smashin the hell out of the ctrl key and mouse....although the mouse wheel for alt attack is a very nice idea...

I'm pretty good at winning saber locks and thats with the mouse button :)

But, i'm sure im going to break my mouse on of these days.

I just takes practice. When you can get 6 second 100m runs in Track and Field the world is your oyster. LOL

Originally posted by SteaIth

lol twins. You could also use level 3 push to break up the saber lock if u ever decide to play Force powers :)

Thanks for the replies everyone...I guess I'll just have to try not to get in a lock, and if I do I'll be smashin the hell out of the ctrl key and mouse....although the mouse wheel for alt attack is a very nice idea...

a) i do use push on force servers....but i still lose them:eek:

b) i do play on force servers sometimes;)

and also, i have tried mouse key and my ctrl button....it doesn't work, i can hear my opponnent "grunting" and its almost always like one a second or better, then there is me that is more like 1 every 3 seconds, no matter how fast i click!

oh ya, forgot to say a couple other things;)

i have died a lot also like you said before i am thrown down...happens all the time...even if i have like 50hp left:eek:

and as for binding it to my mousewheel...i would do that, but i use that key for switching my stance because it is nice and handy;)

but when i get warcraft III at future shop i get a free mouse with it too, and that mouse has like 6 buttons, so i hope i can use them all in jkii:) then my current (optical) mouse will go to my old (pentium 1) computer;)

just got finished dueling some more...mouse wheel didnt work, heh...I was spinnin that thing fast as hell, it was almost like it wasnt working...the guy almost instantly knocked me down and killed me.

It can't be the better ping..I'm on cable and I'm usually the lowest ping in the room...and I get destroyed on saber locks, I rarely win them, I gotta face it, I suck at clicking the mouse :(

Twins you got a cool six button mouse with Warcraft 3??? sw33t! I wanna go to this shop of the future!!

I rarely lose saber locks. The secret is in making your entire arm shake like you are having a seizure and slamming the force push button as well. You can totally beat people who have scripts this way. Saber locks are over in less than two seconds sometimes.

slacker

Originally posted by MediocreSlacker

Twins you got a cool six button mouse with Warcraft 3??? sw33t! I wanna go to this shop of the future!!

I rarely lose saber locks. The secret is in making your entire arm shake like you are having a seizure and slamming the force push button as well. You can totally beat people who have scripts this way. Saber locks are over in less than two seconds sometimes.

slacker

i don't have it YET, it's a special deal the future shop has right now, so i wanna get to future shop soon.......while supplies last

Archived