Home

"And they say that a hero can save us, but Kyle is getting too old...."

Revan Bakr'

Anybody think Kyle is getting too old to run around fighting sith and dating a 20 year younger girl with a common name? We need a new hero. If there will be another gamelike this, Kyle, IMO, will have to throw in the towel to a younger hero. AND, we need a new villain! I'm sick of this scenario: A Dark Jedi leads the Empire.... again! The Empire is dead, people. If there is another sequel, throw those stormtroopers in the trash can!!

Oh yeah, and Reelo was a little obese for a Rodian...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm..Yoda was pushin 700 when he dueled Dooku.

Yea but Yoda is not human.

I do feel if there is another Jedi Knight then there should be another hero. I like Kyle but I think the way in which they ended the story will put a damper on a sequel. For instance he is in love now. According to what we have seen in the movies Jedi's aren't really supposed to be into that.

Also Kyle got sucked into the force (JK1) not very willingly. He almost turned (MotS). And in the beginning of JK2 he wants to stay away from the Force and only turns to it again to get Desann. In the end he say he will think about continuing training when he gets back. He is kinda flaky on the whole Force thing and is not very dedicated IMHO. I want a true Jedi in the next one.

My suggestion is a twist on things. We saw how great Tie Fighter was because you played the bad guys (plus it was a great game) How about assuming the role of a Dark Jedi trying to accomplish something for his Master?

OK I am not that great at creating story lines but how about scraping the whole idea of a hero and villain and go with the current Anti-Hero trend.

How about the game is about a survivor from the reborn experiments that doesn't want anything to with either side because he doesn't trust anyone after whats been done to him.

This guy would be a true Jedi Outcast since he would have no right to have force powers in the minds of both the Sith and the Jedi.

The jedi would see him as a dangerous loose cannon that must be stopped.

The Sith would see him as their property that has gotten loose and seek to force him back to the darkside.

Anyway like I said I am no good at these things but I figure this could be cool.

Thanks

PS I agree with the TIE FIGHTER thing. That game was the best star wars flight game IMHO.

I would like to you Kyle finally fall to the darkside, using him in a couople of levels then you turn over to a young jedi, who is thrown into the story to stop kyle.

After that your mission is to confront Kyle, thus killing him and handing over the torch so to speak, something to that affect

Originally posted by Divine Spirit

An issue of the official UK Star Wars Magazine states that the life expectancy in the Star Wars universe is far longer than that of our world. It also explains why Luke is still a young chappie! :D

well why then? would u pls explain, cuz I havent read anything about that..

my argument skews much the other way. I'm SICK TO DEATH of supposedly bad ass galaxy destroying villains that simply end up being disposable hero-foils. This is the new breed of Star Wars villain. And it SUCKS. Desann could have been a new breed of Sith... The kind that has plots upon plots AND a sense of martial prowess about him. He had his own style of sabering, for %)(*$#)(#*#) sake! You know how long that would take to develop? His Grip and Electricity were even higher than the Sidious and Vader, and he had Vader's power with ONE HAND. And in the end, all of this development is simply thrown to the wolves.. STUPID. What ever happened to the true BAD ASS villains? The kind that could hold their own? Even in the books and comics, this applies... It's getting to the point where I don't care anymore.. Oh no, the evil villain...with the new super world destroying death ray.. that is guaranteed to die some "ironically fitting" death in the third book/final stage. BORING.

Yes true that it is a lot like mots, but the whole thing about jedi gaining powers from a graveyard is garbage anyhow, they need to just come up with a way to put you in a hero role new char, and off Kyle Katarn, maybe they can make a 2 way story like in the original jedi Knight.

"When 900 years you reach, look as good you will not.....*weird yoda laughter*" That was from ROTJ , so if we put AOTC 21-22 years or so before AOTC that make yoda about 879 years old when he fought Dooku, not 700......old fella has plenty of fight in him, I wouldn't have even tried to take him when he was on his death bed! :)

an idea:

tavion goes to the jedi academy to be trained in the light side of the force, but the dark side is still too strong in her, she would be send on a mission to *the sith planet wich name i don't remember* but is overwhelmed by the dark side, she gets a sith spirit in her, but doesn't notice it, then most of the times she can be normal light side, but when she gets mad (becouse of bosses), the spirit takes over and she gets really great dark side powers, after a while, luke finds out, and askes kyle for help, together they try top stop tavion (wich is you) but you win and kyle and luke run. they look into a jedi holocron (recently found on kashyyykk, somewhere deep down) they find the solution, and bust the sith spirit out off tavion, the spirit attacks luke and kyle, and the fight it, tavion can choose to join the spirit (dark side) or luke and kyle (light side)

any thoughts about it?

Originally posted by Darth Xhan

my argument skews much the other way. I'm SICK TO DEATH of supposedly bad ass galaxy destroying villains that simply end up being disposable hero-foils. This is the new breed of Star Wars villain. And it SUCKS. Desann could have been a new breed of Sith... The kind that has plots upon plots AND a sense of martial prowess about him. He had his own style of sabering, for %)(*$#)(#*#) sake! You know how long that would take to develop? His Grip and Electricity were even higher than the Sidious and Vader, and he had Vader's power with ONE HAND. And in the end, all of this development is simply thrown to the wolves.. STUPID. What ever happened to the true BAD ASS villains? The kind that could hold their own? Even in the books and comics, this applies... It's getting to the point where I don't care anymore.. Oh no, the evil villain...with the new super world destroying death ray.. that is guaranteed to die some "ironically fitting" death in the third book/final stage. BORING.

Well Desann trained at the Jedi Academy, He could have worked

on his own type of sabering style, So did Darth Maul, I mean

he never went to an academy and he had a double bladeded

light saber which isn't easy to master. And asking for the villian

not to die or all the cliche's is like asking for a Slasher movie to be

scary, or not suck. And GTA3 acctually have a good storyline. It's going to happen because in the beginning

when movies and games were being made, all the types of

games and movies were discussed and a bases was set.

So the girl is always gonna check out that noise she just heard in

the dark blood filled hallway.

Kyle is always going to kill Desann, and Desann will always have

that earth destroying weapon.

Every now and then you get a game that is original at best,

and those games are my favorite.

Kyle's not too old... what was Obi-Wan doing fighting Vader at his age? (60's-70's) or how about Dooku (80 something) or dare I mention YODA!!!??? (850??)

Kyle has plenty of sith/dark jedi/imperial remnant bashing decades left in him, if the other characters are any measure... ; )

Archived