Home

Funny thing

MustaPekka

Its so funny when everyone here says it is near impossible to get the Jedi status. WRONG. I bet it will be hard, but not as hard as many many people here claims. When the game launches it will be matter of few weeks when we start seeing jedi's popping up, and they start to send the info how they did it to the public databases. This sooner or later we have almost if not complete ways how to become Jedi. They cannot make infinite ways to do it, its limited; and even if they figure out way to make it infinite possibilities, then people soon will figure the pattern what to follow to make it.

Many people here says OH its so different from UO, its so different from EQ, hard work does nothing. Bull****. its all hard work and seasoned players know it. Maybe it isnt most easy task in world, well it wasent easy task for me to make multiple 7xGM's in UO in time when I played it, but it was very doable, same goes with the process of becoming Jedi, no matter what DEVS or anyone else says. And even if (which I doubt whole-heartedly) is randomly generated everytime (the process to become Jedi) then the people will learn how to abuse bugs. it is still a game, which means bugs, which means people will abuse them to get the high status.

Maybe hard to someone belive how it will go, but trust me, there wont be some 3-5% of Jedi, there will be as many precentage that there is willing-to-become-jedi-and-make-time-for-it, which I would say will be about 15-20% of people. Of course if the Jedi class does suck, and is not too special, we will see lot less of them.

Yeah 5% is a bit small, but if they have any control over the matter, they probably won't want a fith of the community to be "l33t-ownzing-ur-azz":rolleyes: uber-jedis. the point is that people who don't spen all their time plaing can become jedis as well as people who spen all their time on the game:). besides, they'll probably look out for explinations on how to become jedis and change those meathods appropriatly;). and about generating random probibilitys for becoming jedi, if you had to satisfy say 10 random criteria at a random time, then it would probably be sufficienly difficult to pin down exactly what was necesary to become a jedi. this reminds me of a passage from one of Douglas Adams' books, something about a particle accelerator and a rubber band :D.

The way I understand it, and allways have, is that training as a Jedi is more or less straight forward and same for everyone.

BUT, and this is the tricky part ;) , the prosess of becomming Force Sensitive will be different for everyone. The trick is to hit the right combination of skills and/or other attributes for your character. ;) Wether it is a high skilled Rodian cook, with some blaster skills, or a human Imperial marksman.

Personally, I have stopped guessing how it will be. After all, that's what we are all doing, no matter how much we claim that we know. We're all guessing, and only the day when you stand there with your robe and your lightsaber will you know exactly how you became Jedi. If even then.

I myself know your wrong. You should read the official faq sometime

because they said the average player will get the chance at being

a jedi. So wether he is a hardcore gamer or a softcore gamer,

he (the player) will have a chance if he wants that.

I myself know your wrong. You should read the official faq sometime

Well, I have. And I just re-read it. :)

My original guess, as Setsuko puts it (which is the correct wording to use, I agree ;) ) still stands.

EVERYONE has the potential to become force sensitive, just like EVERYONE has the chance of getting the lotterynumber correct thru-out their lifes.

Re-read my post and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Gaarni is right. Just because everyone has the chance, doesn't mean that everyone will be, if they want to. Big difference.

As a theory, let's say I had the chance to become a pro-wrestler when I was fifteen. It doesn't mean that I am a pro-wrestler, because I didn't take it. Most likely, I could have had the chance, but not know of it. "If you had entered that bar that night, you would have met that person who would have taught you to be a wrestler". Ok. But that night, I was in another bar. I still had the chance, but I had no idea.

So cuddle that idea that you will see your chance when it comes, if it helps. Simply thinking 'oh, I have the chance, like everyone', however, will help you little to actually become one.

Let's put it down in a simple line for you:

"Everyone has a chance" != "Everyone will be able to see and take that chance."

EDIT: And no, I don't want to be a pro-wrestler. They have silly outfits, and are propably very smelly.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

The way I understand it, and allways have, is that training as a Jedi is more or less straight forward and same for everyone.

BUT, and this is the tricky part ;) , the prosess of becomming Force Sensitive will be different for everyone. The trick is to hit the right combination of skills and/or other attributes for your character. ;) Wether it is a high skilled Rodian cook, with some blaster skills, or a human Imperial marksman.

yeah a Jedi cook.... reminds me of that one coimic pizza hutt in the SW Tales series :).

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Well, I have. And I just re-read it. :)

My original guess, as Setsuko puts it (which is the correct wording to use, I agree ;) ) still stands.

EVERYONE has the potential to become force sensitive, just like EVERYONE has the chance of getting the lotterynumber correct thru-out their lifes.

Re-read my post and you'll see what I mean. ;)

You guys(and gals) misunderstood me. I was replying to the orignal

post made by the topic starter.

I should have used quotes but when i hit the reply button

there had been no replys, I guess we were all replying at the same

time.

hmmm...

maybe i should have let the Jedi thread stay

im not going to argue about this subject anymore. everybody else has a different sight of this. Lets make a deal with all the guys and girls who want to be Jedi. you come back here.. and tell us if you have become a Jedi or not. just let us see the progress... im very curious how you guys and galls are doing.. or going to do it.

Just ONE comment.

we want Jedi to be rare and misterious

this is a line of one of the Devs. now i have met a lot of Jedi guys that say they WILL be Jedi...

now the Star Wars Galaxies community is.,.... well.. VERY BIG

lets say at least 10.000 people. now i know that a 1000 people AT LEAST want to be a Jedi. you think that wont hurt the Star Wars story line? and a 1000 Jedi knights are not rare and misterious....

All im saying..

DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP!

-Wraith 8-

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw in my view here.

I think the jedi system should have a system of checks and balances in place to keep the Jedi population down.

Here are some criteria I suggest on how that could be done:

1. Jedi the only class with permanent death To most of you the idea of this first suggestion sucks I am sure, but let me reason. The point is to not have everyone everywhere be a Jedi. So, the benefits of having permanent death for Jedi are twofold.

First, people who build up their Jedi character over time will be less likely to openly flaunt his Jedi skillz because they don't want to lose him/her. Cunning, wisdom, and stealth will be the skills to keep a Jedi alive not force choke and a lightsaber, save those for Jedi Duels not for every battle.

Secondly, someone who sucks at keeping their Jedi character alive may give up being a Jedi after a few tries due to permanent death and not wanting to start from scratch with another Jedi, just go on to a different class.

2. Only Jedi and can 'sense' other Jedi imagine someone just starting out as a Jedi goes into a bar filled with other players. To everyone else he is just another bloke hanging out there. Then another Jedi comes in the bar just hanging out as well until the he and the weaker Jedi get a gander at each other and perhaps the console changes color or something that lets both of them know they are Jedi. A fight ensues, one of them is killed. This is kind of like a 'evolutionary' check and balance in place here where the stronger survive or what some may say, the bigger fish in the pond eats the littler fish so the pond doesn't get over populated with too many fish.

3. Jedi Master Ghosting this just for kicks, but if someone manages to survive long enough and reaches a 'jedi master' level and the character gets killed perhaps it should be coded where the character is killed but can come back as a ghost like Obiwan and talk to other Jedi or appear in Jedi training facilities for brief periods of time. Maybe even while in ghost mode be able to watch a friend play and offer advice to that person during battle, though he can not see you. I dunno, sounds fun anyway.

3. Jedi Master Ghosting this just for kicks, but if someone manages to survive long enough and reaches a 'jedi master' level and the character gets killed perhaps it should be coded where the character is killed but can come back as a ghost like Obiwan and talk to other Jedi or appear in Jedi training facilities for brief periods of time. Maybe even while in ghost mode be able to watch a friend play and offer advice to that person during battle, though he can not see you. I dunno, sounds fun anyway.

Please, please Obi-wan didn't die he became one with the force.

Well, whether he died or not is not that important. What matters is that I think it would suck to play in 'observer mode'. If i just wanted to float around and talk, I could be IRCing instead. If I was a jedi, and died, and there was permanent death (which is one of those things that I like in p&p gaming, but not in CRPGing), I would rather make a new character and play than being a ghost that can't do anything than floating around saying:

"Trust the force! You can beat that swamp rat, if you know you can! Ouch! That must have hurt! Is your leg supposed to be pointing that way? You know, you could have ducked. Who could expect there to be a spiked trap under that stone. Ooops, didn't I tell you about the rancor behind that door?"

Hmm....

Perhaps it's not such a bad idea, after all? :D

Originally posted by ewok hunter

yeah a Jedi cook.... reminds me of that one coimic pizza hutt in the SW Tales series :).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pizza the Hutt from the Star Wars spoof, Spaceballs?

Unless you mean someone totally different.:D

Archived