Home

To Forum Mods: We Need A FAQs!

razorace

Hi all. It occurred to me that we could probably cut way down on the constantly repeated questions if we all got together and made a huge Forum FAQs to answer all the common questions? I'm willing to help if the Forum Mods are willing to get the thing stickied or posted at the top of the forum. What do you guys think?

Razor Ace

EDIT: According to the "Where is my thread" Sticky, this is technically in the wrong forum. Sorry about that, but I feel this is the correct forum to address this as this forum receives the most traffic.

Ok, I've started on a FAQs. I'll post what I got so far. And yes, I know, it's a very rough draft....

Jedi Knight 2 Forum FAQ v.14

Please post addition questions / corrections / etc. to the forum or send to razorace@hotmail.com. No question is too complex or stupid!

Contents:

General Issues:

1.0 General Questions:

1.1 What is the Console?

1.2 How do I access / use the Console?

1.3 What are the Console Commands?

1.4 Is a expansion pack planned for the game?

1.5 Where can I find the XXXXXX mod / map / skin?

Single Player Issues:

2.0 General Single Player Issues:

2.1 Why does the single player Console report that I have version 1.03 when I have upgraded to version 1.04?

2.2 How do I install a new single player map?

2.3 Why hasn't XXXXXX been made for single player yet?

2.4 How do I turn on Cheat Mode in single player?

Multiplayer Issues:

3.0 General Multiplayer Questions:

3.1 How do I Taunt?

3.2 How do I make a colored Player Name?

3.3 How do I get the Hidden Skins?

3.4 I've seen people standing with their lightsabers orbiting around them. How do I do that?

3.5 Why does the multiplayer AI act differently than the single player AI?

3.6 Why do the Bots just spaz jump in this new map I got / made?

3.7 How do I get others to see my new skin?

3.8 How do I set the individual duel kill limit in Duel Mode?

3.9 How do I enter Cheat Mode in multiplayer?

4.0 Moves:

4.1 How do I kick?

5.0 Doublebladed Lightsaber Questions:

5.1 Is there a Doublebladed Lightsaber in the game?

5.2 How do I get a Doublebladed Lightsaber in multplayer?

-----------------------------------------------

FAQs:

General Issues:

1.0 General Questions:

1.1 What is the Console?

The Console is the way you send commands directly to the Jedi Knight 2 Engine. In addition, you'll see a record of all the chat and game messages that you have received in the current map / session. This is very helpful to see messages you have missed or to take a closer look at how the Jedi Knight 2 Engine works. The Console appears as a transparent overlay that covers about 1/3 of the screen.

1.2 How do I access / use the Console?

To activate the Console, press Shift + Tilde (The Tilde is left of the 1 and has a ~ printed on it.).

To scroll up and down the message history, press Page Up or Page Down.

To enter a command, type in the command and press Enter. Some commands in multiplayer may require a / before the command. Example: /THEDESTROYER

1.3 What are the Console Commands?

There are a vast number of commands for the Console. These are divided into two catgories: Commands and CVars. As of now, there isn't a complete guide available for all the JK2 Console Commands. However, here is a short list that I have compiled in alphabetical order:

cg_dismember #

Multiplayer; Client side Command

Default: 0

Recommended: 100 / 300

Controls the ability to dismember / maim players on their deaths. Higher values seem to increase the likelyhood of dismemberment. Most people recommend 100 or 300 for best effect.

Input Values

----------------

0 = Off

1 = Arms/Legs Only

3 = Everything

Note: Both the Server and the Client must have this set to non-zero to see any dismemberment in the game.

cmdlist wildcards

Lists all commands in alphabetical order.

cvarlist

Lists all cvars in alphabetical order.

fraglimit #

Multiplayer; Server side Command

Sets the kill limit for the server. In Duel Mode this sets the kill limit for individual duels and not the overall kill limit.

g_dismember #

Multiplayer; Server side Command

Recommended: 100 / 300

Controls the ability to dismember / maim players on their deaths. Higher values seem to increase the likelyhood of dismemberment. Most people recommend 100 or 300 for best effect.

Input Values

----------------

0 = Off

1 = Arms/Legs Only

3 = Everything

Note: Both the Server and the Client must have this set to non-zero to see any dismemberment in the game.

g_saberghoul2collision #

Boolean; Multiplayer; Server side Command

Recommended: 1

Turns on or off the Ghoul 2 system. Basically, it improves collision detection and results in more actually reported hits, blocks, and dismemberments.

g_sabertracesaberfirst #

Boolean; Multiplayer; Server side Command

Default: 1

Recommended: 1

Controls the priority of saber collision. Sabers tend to collide more when this is set to on.

1.4 Is a expansion pack planned for the game?

At this time no expansion pack is being officially worked on. However, Raven has stated that if the sales figures for JK2 are good enough, they will make a expansion release.

1.5 Where can I find the XXXXXX mod / map / skin?

Try http://www.jediknight2.net; http://www.jk2files.com; http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com; or http://www.google.com.

------------------------------------------------

Single Player Issues:

2.0 General Single Player Issues:

2.1 Why does the Singe Player Console Report that I have version 1.03 when I have upgraded to version 1.04?

It appears that the 1.04 patch didn't update the single player version number. Nothing is wrong, your single player is up-to-date.

2.2 How do I install a new single player map?

Ether follow the map's readme file or do the following:

[*]Unzip the map to your GameData\base directory.

[*]Determine the name of the map's *.pk3 (it should now be in the GameData\base directory)

[*]Start up single player.

[*]Activate the Console (Shift + ~).

[*]Type in map nameofyourmap and press Enter.

[/list=1]This should load the map.

2.3 Why hasn't XXXXXX been made for single player yet?

Unfortunately, the source code for single player hasn't been released by Raven yet. This means that most of single player is not modifiable until then.

2.4 How do I turn on Cheat Mode in single player?

The Cheat Mode for single player and multiplayer is different. The commands are totally different for both. To enter Cheat Mode, do the following:

[*]Activate the Console.

[*]Enter HelpUsObi 1. This is case sensitive.

[*]Enjoy!

[/list=1]

-------------------------------------------------

Multiplayer Issues:

3.0 General Multplayer Questions:

3.1 How do I Taunt?

To bind Taunt to a key (so you can use it), you do the following:

[*]Activate the Console.

[*]Enter bind akey +taunt. Replace akey with the key you wish to press to do your taunt.

[*]Enjoy!

[/list=1]

3.2 How do I make a colored Player Name?

Press shift and 6 to make this ^

Now press a number

Color / Number Table

---------------------------

7 is standard white

So USA would be done like this: ^1U^7S^4A

3.3 How do I get the Hidden Skins?

Go to the console and type in model Hidden Skin Name.

Skin - Hidden Skin Name

---------------------------------

Reborn Fencer - reborn/fencer

Reborn Acrobat - reborn/acrobat

Reborn Forceuser - reborn/forceuser

Reborn Boss - reborn/boss

2nd Jedi - jedi/j2

Imperial Commander - imperial/commander

Imperial Officer - imperial/officer

3.4 I've seen people standing with their lightsabers orbiting around them. How do I do that?

It's a game glitch that hasn't been fixed yet. You do it by

1. [*]Throw your saber.

[*]Hold down Primary Fire.

[*]Dodge the saber as it returns to you.

[*]Ether stand still and press your Taunt Button or continue to dodge your blade.

[/list=1]NOTE: To finish the orbiting just release your Primary Fire. This move is tricky and takes some practice to get right. It is much easier to do in wide open areas.

3.5 Why does the multiplayer AI act differently than the single player AI?

Two separate teams worked on the multiplayer and single player code. Also, the multiplayer bots are designed to fight humans while single player AI is just suppose to "play the part".

3.6 Why do the Bots just spaz jump in this new map I got / made?

The person who built the map didn't put in Bot support. The only way to fix this is to add Bot support yourself or "bug the mapper" until s/he adds Bot support.

3.7 How do I get others to see my new skin?

The other players must have your skin installed to see it. Ether send the skin to them directly or send it to the server you are playing on. The server can then autodownload your skin to all of the other players.

3.8 How do I set the individual duel kill limit in Duel Mode?

Go to the Console, use the command fraglimit numberofkills.

3.9 How do I enter Cheat Mode in multiplayer?

The Cheat Mode for single player and multiplayer is different. The commands are totally different for both. You must be the Server to enable Cheat Mode.

[*]Activate the Console.

[*]Enter in the command devmap map

[/list=1]

map is the name of any multiplayer map. (Example: duel_temple) This will change the current map to the map you entered in.

4.0 Moves:

4.1 How do I kick?

There are two forms of the kick; forward and sideways.

Prerequiste: Level 2 Force Jump

Chance to Hit: ???

Damage: Forward Kick: 18 Body; Side Kick: 20 Body

How to do a Forward Kick: While in midair, press jump when close to an opponent. This will cause you to run up his body and kick him in the face.

How To do a Side Kick: Strafe sideways into an opponent and press jump. You will flip sideways off your opponent.

5.0 Doublebladed Lightsaber Questions:

5.1 Is there a Doublebladed Lightsaber in the game?

Yes there is! A cheat code lets you use the doublebladed lightsaber in multiplayer.

There are also several mods (such as Jedi Mod 1.1) that let you use the doublebladed saber in multiplayer without cheating. However, there is no known way to get a doublebladed saber in single player at this time.

5.2 How do I get a Doublebladed Lightsaber in multplayer?

Ether install a Doublebladed Lightsaber supported mod or do the following in Multiplayer:

NOTE: You must be the server or be on a server with cheats enabled to use this cheat.

1. [*]Pull out your lightsaber and deactivate it.

[*]Enter cheat mode.

[*]Type in "/THEDESTROYER" into the console.

[/list=1]This will make the screen shake and you will activate your new doublebladed saber. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

Suppliers:

Homosexual Ewok (How do I Taunt?; How do I make a colored Player Name?)

thehomicidalegg (Kick Damage; How do I get the Hidden Skins?; I've seen people standing with their lightsabers orbiting around them. How do I do that?)

Written and complied by Razor Ace (razorace@hotmail.com)

Feel free to rip items from this document as long as you source it.

I'll look up the kick damage...I believe you are correct, I think it's around 15 now.... Also, it's only a double tap if you're on the ground. The first tap makes you jump. The second does the kick.

Well, the readme for v1.04 doesn't mention kick damage. Does anyone have an number for the kick damage?

frontal kick 18 damage side kick 20 damage in 1.03 dun think its changed in 1.04

are there any inbuilt skins?

to get these type them in the console

model reborn/fencer

" reborn/acrobat

" reborn/forceuser

" reborn/boss

" jedi/j2

" imperial/commander

" imperial/officer

as for colour change ^1,^2 etc applies to the game u can change lettering in forum by clicking on the colour tag next to the font.

How to do the lightsaber orbit.

you must have level through throw, throw saber and hold primary attack, dodge saber as it returns, it should now spin around you. taunt to make this stay in 1 spot. release primary file for sabre 2 return 2 hand

how to glide?

a glitch, roll forward and hold roll to others you would appear to glide

you can also try changing models very quickly, this will make you spread your arm out...NOTE will often crash the game

how to wall walk?

must have lvl2 jump

strafe+forward into a wall and press jump

i cant find my mod in the setup screen

put all the mod's files in a separate folder in the GAMEDATA folder and not in the base folder

all i can think of right now

Thanks thehomicidalegg. I'm only including v1.04 but I'll put in all the data that is still relevent.

I've never heard of this roll glide move. Could you give me more details? Is it a 1.04 bug?

To all posters, the better formated your Q and A is, the easier it is on me. Thanks.

Razor Ace

Razor!

I just wanted to say that it was an excellent idea.

I've been through many Forums for Newbie questions, and it ain't easy to find what you are looking for!!

To all Pros I want to say this, respect the Newbies and help them, with out them you have no game to play!!!!!!

Once you were a Newbie yourself!

A little bit of humbleness wouldn't harm...????:rolleyes:

Thanks, Captain Hagen. I felt the same way. That's why I started this. Newbies seem to be treated like second class citizens around here, plus, the answers to MANY questions just haven't been documented. It took me forever to figure out how to turn on dismemberment in MP. Every post I looked at had ten different answers and no correct solution. Very frustrating.

Anyway, the more questions we get, the bigger the FAQ will be, so ask away!

Razor Ace

Ok, I've added many questions to the FAQ but still have many more to go. Please submit questions and / or answers! The more I get in the FAQs, the less extra newbie posts we got to deal with. The newbies get their answers and we get more forum space. Win, win!

Maybe you should add stuff on Gamespy or TheAllSeeingEye cause people ask 'how do I use XXXXX for finding servers', how to host Jedi VS Merc Games, how to bind chat messages, how to recognise NF or sabre only or Jedi VS Merc servers, how to install and load mods, etc. :)

:lsduel:

Don't forget simple things. Peoples are lousy to read the manual, so you can't be to simple.

A section about clans, team, joining team playing?

Links to other site's is never wrong?

Multiplayer-strategytips?

Map tips?

Don't forget a netiquette!

Razor Ace,

caught in a maze,

You got a lot to do

HA!

Archived