Home

Changeable Saber Hilts a Reality!!!!

NickR

I don't see why I should post this in the JediMod 1.1 thread since my code won't be added to that mod.

Sorry, but this new revelation is exclusive to my mod only. That is until Dest does his own saber hilt code, which I'm sure he will.

dood, sweet! i dont care if its only a cvar, i wanted this forever!!!! only other thing i would ask is to have TCK's color mod in it too, that would be great (pluss the 'how to add your own sabers to the list')

i cant wait to use this!!!!!

I plan to add a hilt selection bar like the player model bar in the player menu and hope to add code so that it searches all the folders in the model/weapons2/ beginning with saber_[hiltname].

When my mod goes beta and is released I'm sure you'll be impressed by what I have coded and what my team mates have added themselves. :)

The filenames will be the same (e.g. saber_w.glm) but the folder names need to be unique so i thought /weapons2/saber_name/ would be good enough.

Because the item/weapon code is sooooo different from the model code, it's just not possible to add extra hilts outside the code *yet* I'm afraid. :(

heh, I thought I heard that you're going to do it for JediMod...I don't see the point, why make all these mods when people are going to use one or two, a good idea would be to merge/combine the works, to create one, outstanding, awesome MOD, I've seen this same problem with many games, but hey, if you want to do it, not that I can stop you, just trying to give you advice from experience

than, I hope Dest gets around to doing something like this, sure would be handy.

well this would be a great addition to jedimod so please release code so dest can add it :) sounds great tho i cant wait! u know what else... u think u could possibly do the same idea with the saber model also... so we can have sabers... broad swords... katanas... and Amphistaffs (yuuzhan vong) all at the same time? now that would kick much also.

since you just can let people add them, how about just making the directories saber_# and give it like 10 or so places.... wait. then people could put any model into any of em... well they could anyway... grrr.... oh well. hope you can find something out to make us be able to add our own sabers/swords

hey nick we need to discuss a common format for the sabers. I think it should be done models/weapons2/hiltname/saber_w.glm

It's more like player models this way and hilt modelers dont have to do saber_hiltname.glm saber_hiltname.md3 etc. Icons for the saber can also be put in the hiltname directory so the custom icons can be loaded instead of having w_icon_saber_hiltname.tga or whatever

Originally posted by delquar

lol, Chrono, i already have a silent bob bong saber made, just not skinned. sorry, just had to say it.

i'll do lightsaber hilts for it too if ya want

fullarb@hotmail.com

I've had that in my sig for months now. Does it really matter who did what first? Say what you want. I'll make any damn saber hilt I please and I don't care if one's already made. Got a problem with that? Oh well.

Archived