Home

LucasArts games on the amiga

Anyone else remember some of their earlier releases on the amiga? They made good use of the sound system didn't they. I recently played some of my old lucasarts games on my amiga and just remembered how much better the music was. *those were the days* (Especially Loom, though I've never played the CD version)

Originally posted by Oystein

Yeah, I remember playing Zak McKracken on Amiga. Graphics and sound were both great. Back then the Amiga was much better than the PC. I've had some great times with my dear Amiga 500+

*let the nostalgia roll*

Zak was updated to 256 colours for the PC, though, and from the screens I've seen of this evil, elusive game, it looks...okay, I guess.

MI1&2 on the Amiga did have excellent music, although I never actually completed the games in the amiga version, as my cousin had that damn thing. I'll have to steal it.

I played threw MI1 however when the last level would load the game would simply freeze. I have no idea why. it was very odd. :(

Then I tried playing MI2 but my CD was second hand and had many scratches. Unplaybled. :(

Never played MI3. I couldn't find it anywhere.

MI4 was good. A

Grim Fandango was the BEST game ever in my opinion. I made the design for this forum so I just HAD to add in the BONE WAGON! :)

I never could win the lottery in Zak... did anyone manage to win it?

Maniac Mansion, that was a great game.

Grim Fandango was indeed awesome, but the best game LucasArts ever did was Day of the Tentacles. It's my second favourte game, I considered it to be the best game ever until I played Final Fantasy III, now that game is the best.

Originally posted by Jem

Grim Fandango was indeed awesome, but the best game LucasArts ever did was Day of the Tentacles. It's my second favourte game, I considered it to be the best game ever until I played Final Fantasy III, now that game is the best.

The only way to win the lottery is to fly to bermuda triangle, put hat and nose sunglasses on Zak and enter the King's chamber. Walk to far right and read lotto numbers from panel. Write them down, go to shop, buy lotto ticket, enter those numbers. Come back in a while. Voila... you've won... you lucky fella you :)

Well then I'll try to find those numbers once I play it again...

I remember I always had money problems during the game.

But I hope I forget everything you said by then because I hate playing games that have been spoiled to me. All games that I have finished I have done it without cheats or walkthroughs, there is no fun if you do.

Originally posted by Jem

Day of the Tentacle, Grim, and MI2 are the best 3 LEC adventures.

As for Final Fantasy, I haven't played III yet. VI is supposed to be the greatest, they just re-released it on PSX (Well, in March) and I bought me a PSX (Hey, it was VERY cheap) to play it and anthologies. Rox.

Originally posted by scabb

Day of the Tentacle, Grim, and MI2 are the best 3 LEC adventures.

As for Final Fantasy, I haven't played III yet. VI is supposed to be the greatest, they just re-released it on PSX (Well, in March) and I bought me a PSX (Hey, it was VERY cheap) to play it and anthologies. Rox.

Well Final Fantasy VI was in fact released as Final Fantasy III in U.S. market, so the game Jem is refering to, might as well be FF VI. I played FF III (VI in japan) on SNES and it is really great. Never finished it though, i was so close to the end. I accquierd this improved PSX version, so i just might end this one. To bad you can't import your savegames from SNES :D

That is correct VoodooFX:

FF III (USA) = FF VI (JAPAN)

Best-Game-Ever.

You must finish this game, the story is so awesome. Another thing I like about it is the music, simply fascinating. I have all the orchestrated version music of FF III (VI).

I'm planing on finishing it again but on PS this time (plus I get to see the cutscenes that didn't exist on the snes.)

I have VIII and VII, but never got around to playing VII... I was on the end of the third CD for FFVIII when someone borrowed my 4th CD and never returned it... but I liked it nevertheless!

I'm also at the end of FFIII, all I need to do is infiltrate and defeat the end boss (which I won't give away)... but I need to level BADLY... my highest char is like 45 heh.

I didn't know that III was VI because I'm English. And they didn't release any SNEStastical FF games over here ;(

I got VI now though, £9.99 at HMV :)

My HMV rules. It still has some Monkey Island White Label titles.

Scabb, you have correctly chosen the best LEC adventures! There was no 256 colour version of Zak on PC, either. I have a few LEC games on amiga, but I don't actually have an amiga. I'll buy one. So I can record the games to VHS through my TV. Oh yes...

Archived