Home

What does Spamming Mean?

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-

Originally posted by Poll Cat

~Hey I'm sure ur all gonna whale on me for asking this horribly newbie question but I have to know. What is the term 'Spamming' applying to? It seems that there is a general feeling of despise for whatever it is. If it's as bad as the real stuff I certainly will understand all the hate surrounding it. Thanx,

The poll Cat:speeder:

He he he :D

I'm sure you already know the answer. I thought the Valley of the Jedi didn't have topics like this. Must be a new trend :confused:

Ewok hit it on the head! I was on a roll one day, which is unusual for me, & I was accused of spamming a stance, not a move -- the stance! I thought that was funny as hell, but what was funnier was when I started alternating using the other two stances (one per game) & continued to clean house!

~Hey I'm sure ur all gonna whale on me for asking this horribly newbie question but I have to know. What is the term 'Spamming' applying to? It seems that there is a general feeling of despise for whatever it is. If it's as bad as the real stuff I certainly will understand all the hate surrounding it. Thanx,

The poll Cat:speeder:

Depends on whom you ask.

The winner: "It means that fool just fell for the same thing over and over!"

The loser: "That !@#$%^&* only does the same thing over and over!"

In relation to this game, Spamming is a term used by lesser/newer players when they become frustrated by dying by the same move/power over and over.

Unless you do one red stance swing, switch to yellow, one swing, switch to blue, one swing, repeat, you will be called a Spammer.

Even if you do one single move at the very start of the match, the fact that your opponent has died by that move before from someone else will make you a move "Spammer" just by association.

Honestly. It’s the war cry of a poor sport and a below average player.

Spamming can either be a pathetic accusation lodged by every inexperienced player to someone who is killing them over and over...

Or spamming can be the holy grail of a pathetically uncreative player who whores to become good at something that essentially doesn't matter.

In other words: Depends how you look at it.

Winning a game or becomine good at a game by recycling the same tactic over and over means either the player is really just a dreary, easily amused individual or the game is seriously unbalanced.

Then again, some of the victims of "spam tactics" genuinely deserve their fates for refusing to learn from their mistakes.

Let me make it simple.

Spamming (in-game) means doing the same move over and over.

Example, someoen doing the red swing death from above move over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is a spammer. They "spam" (repeat excessivly) the same move.

There is also text spam, where someone posts something over and over....or repeats something over and over.

hey Boba, I was talking about spamming in-game, sorry about the confusion.

By the way, nice Avatar, how'd u animate it?

I'm looking for a custom avatar, but ever since the move, the server hasn't been allowing it. Atleast that's what Lexx told me.

C ya, the Poll Cat:speeder:

I drive the new hotness:vsd:

Archived