Home

Notice to all hilt modelers!

Dest

I am the maker of JediMod and I will be releasing saber hilt selction code in version 1.1.

**This will allow players to select their saber hilts just like they select their models**.

In order for this to work however, the hilt pk3 files must be modified. Instead of putting the glm, md3, and texture in the models/weapons2/saber/ directory they must be put in models/weapons2/saber_hiltname/ directory. So if you were making a saber hilt for yoda you might have this in the pk3

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber_w.glm

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber_w.md3

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/saber.jpg (the texture)

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/w_icon_lightsaber.tga (for the icon in the bar at the bottom when you change weapons. I didn't really include this in my mod because it crashed everytime I tried to load the new icon but other mod makers may find a way to fix that.)

models/weapons2/saber_yoda/w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga (for the icon in hilt selection bar)

so basically you put everything in a saber_hiltname directory like saber_yoda, saber_vader, saber_myhilt, etc.

Other mod makers will be using this naming system too. I know that NickR will be doing this in his mod. My mod is opensource so other mods will probably include this later on.

This will make saber hilts actually useful! If you have any questions post them here.

1.) will there be any hardcode modifications or will the code recognize new sabers as they are added (similar to how you choose skins)?

2.) what format do the hud/selection icons need to be in?

3.) models/weapons2/saber_(name) for all files, correct? Should we include 2 files then, one for those with jedimod and one for those without or will it make no difference?

the code will recognize new sabers as added.

I'm not really sure about the hud selection icons because I havent done that part yet. but I'm thinking just a tga file name w_icon_lightsaber.tga and w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga.

You could include files for those with jedimod and those without. It would also be good if in your readme's or somewhere you said that the hilt was mod compatible or something like *This hilt is compatible with mods*

if your saying your other name is Kinja...yeah right..that's like saying yoda was really a sith lord...kinja can actually model, he is tolerable and he doen't make great modelers(sithlord ii) quit modeling. kinja appreciates ppl..unlike you

w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga is the file that will be used as the picture preview.

it has to be in the models/weapons2/saber_hiltname/ directory

so like models/weapons2/saber_yoda/w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga would be the picture preview for yoda one.

its supposed to look like the hud icon except without yellow around it basicly. Not sure why its there but I use it. You can look in other people's hilt files or in asset0.pk3 for an example of w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga

Originally posted by Lord Infamous

Dest i really love your jedi mod 1.0 and i was wondering if it was possible for you to add the option of the ability to run up the wall after already in the air like in the JO Fanmod

that's already in there...

different people/bots will be able to have different hilts. That is the purpose of the hilt code. It makes hilt models useable. You can even have a hilt in one hand and a different one in the other hand.

Make sure you include a w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga file. The hilts dont seem to be showing up in the hilt selection menu if that file isnt there. I thought I had it so it would just show a default one if it couldn't find a w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga but thats not working so at least include the default w_icon_lightsaber_na.tga.

Archived