Home

Discussion 1.7 Servers

Wraith 8

I just read something about the servers.

something i kinda guessed but hope it would be different.

The planets are going to be all on a server.

so there WILL be different server all over the world.

most likely:

US server

Asian server

Euro server

what do you think about this?

-Wraith 8-

i hope they give all equal quality servers...like, i dunno if any of y'alls played Diablo, but we'd end up w/50 thousand koreans playin on the USWest server cuz "theirs sucked"...& of course, it would lag up all of our servers & whatnot...2 bad there's not a way that they could jus make sum huge omni-server to cover it all, it'd be nice 2 play w/ppls worldwide...

how are they going to deal w/ppl speaking different languages? (not in the game, but in reality), like we could have a linguist who would be great for translatin any in game language, but if he din't speak german or sumthin like that, we'd end up w/groups of stranded ppls that only speak that language.

i should really try to stop thinking after midnight...my brain itches

Originally posted by FunClown

If there is no Australian server, I would play the game on a US server. I aint gonna play a game where everyone says "Nin chon wa? Wo Lao shi ma?, ni hao."

hey i didnt say that are the exact servers.. im only saying it is like that... maybe there will be an aussi server.

lol.. ni hao... that is a restaurant i know :D

lol.. ni hao... that is a restaurant i know :D

ni hao is chinese for hello.

Lao shi = teacher

ma = ? (question mark, kind of)

I don't want to be on a server with people speaking other languages. My whole life asians have been saying bad things to us white folk in their native language. I'm not planning on paying for the experience either. :(

well.. i played a lot of Tiberian sun online first.. and well i always played on the UK server.. and sometime on the US server.

I myself live in the Netherlands.. and if you played on the Euro server you would have German talking and french guys, italian and spanish.... it was not readable..... so i always went for US or UK.. cause they speak ONE language.. well mostly one :D

and i think if SWG is gonna be the same.. im going to be on the US sever.

I agree with Wraith. I, myself, use to play on US or UK servers, since my enlish is so much better than my german of french. Noone forces you to play on the local servers. The difference in lag is seldom that big, and I am almost as likely to experience lag on a german server as on a New York server.

Wei! Ni hui shuo hanyu, ma? Tai hao le! Ni jiao shenme mingzi? Who jiao Rong Nasi.

hey i know a lot of Dutch internet talk... i did that some time back on GB to one of the Dutch mods.... and some american guy tried to translate it with a dutch translator he found... lol.. that got REALY messed up.. that was pretty funny to see :D

Originally posted by ewok hunter

readible:confused: , lol with all the 133t speakers out there I can bearly understand half of what they say, i'm assuming that it is based off of english because if it were some other language then that is a different story all together

\/\/|-|/-\+ @!2e |_| +@| |<!/\/6 /-\!30|_|+

aaaaaaaaaaah! evil 133t! save me!:eek:

i think sum1 should create a 133t translator, jus like there are translators for different languages & all...a program so all us laymen can understand 133t

jus a thought - it'd be nice & convienient for me:)

Archived