Home

Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus released

Garik Loran

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working on this model was a real pleasure, a fantastic effort by everybody involved :D

There are a few minor clipping issues with the cape, unfortunatly with the current limitations of the animation system I really couldnt do anything about that. I experemented for hours and hours and couldnt squash em all

btw, Great idea about adding the saber to the zip, now hopefully thoes crazy (in a good way) coders can hammer out some of the bugs with hilt selection in JediMod :)

CT :lightning

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

good but there were couple things i changed....

1. Color of his clothes (overally darker and i changed

that inside of his cape to dark purple...)

2. His face... it looked like he have rubber mask so i

modified it a little bit...

3. Taunt... I changed that main taunt file to that

"you have interfered... for the last time) which i

think is best as taunt

Absolutely fantastic model... but the sounds were driving me up the wall... every time he was hit, he said "you disappoint me", it got on my nerves so much, I opened the PK3 and deleted all the sounds. Apart from that, it's excellent, can't really fault it.

Absolutely fantastic model... but the sounds were driving me up the wall... every time he was hit, he said "you disappoint me", it got on my nerves so much, I opened the PK3 and deleted all the sounds. Apart from that, it's excellent, can't really fault it.

Rather than delete all the sounds, you can lower his chat frequency (which is 15 by default) in the gl_dooku.jkb file.

I know about the sound problem, it is the same with Vader.

With JOv1.3 the pain sounds were not played everytime a character was hit.

This "bug" was fixed in the new 1.4, so that's why the sounds are played so often.

But I thought it is easier to delete some sounds than find new ones, so everyone should be able to make the sounds the way he or she likes them.

Originally posted by Garik Loran

Ok, maybe he does, somewhere. But I don't have every movie with Lee on my computer, so I took what I had.

Hmm. I'm thinking of Fellowship of the Ring: Gandalf and Saruman's "lil' battle" at Isengard. I know for CERTAIN there are a few "Oof!"s, and "Nngh!"s, and "AaHhh!"s in that sequence.

I would try to find some for you, but I've never done that kind of thing.

Originally posted by Frumpus

Hmm. I'm thinking of Fellowship of the Ring: Gandalf and Saruman's "lil' battle" at Isengard. I know for CERTAIN there are a few "Oof!"s, and "Nngh!"s, and "AaHhh!"s in that sequence.

I would try to find some for you, but I've never done that kind of thing.

Good idea.. i have a downloaded copy of LOTR (paid to see in theatre first) with excellent sound quality. I shall have a look at it later and see if i can rip some appropriate pain sounds. :)

it looks great but i think the one with brown hair looks REALLY weird. I think if you were going to give him completely brown hair you should have made him look younger or put some grey streaks in at least. To me the face and hair just dont match. Other than that i like the default version.

well, during beta testing no such problem appeared, and you are the only one who complained about that. sorry, but i doubt that this is a problem with the model, maybe this results of other mods (especially saber-mods) you are using.

I never noticed any graphical problems with Dooku other than the expected cloak-clipping...

The "pain" sounds are incredibly annoying, however.

"This is just the beginning!"

"Surely you can do better!"

"Bravery, boy!"

"Bravery, boy!"

"Bravery, boy!"

"Now...it is finished."

Exar Kun is just as annoying, what with his "Damn you!", and need I mention Tyrion, Darth Vader (who does have a few regular pain sounds), or Jar Jar (oh wait, Mr. Binks is *supposed* to be annoying)?

Ack, I'm so cranky. Thanks guys.

Ok, let's make a noprice.

There are some small bugs, e.g. the bot file for Darth Tyranus.

There are also some artists who work on new skins, and some are really looking good.

Look at this one and you know what I mean.

poid.tripod.com

So I'm sure there will be a v1.1 in time, because it is a model for the community, so the community should have the chance to make it the best.

So I ask you to write me an e-mail with things you like to add to the model, this means sounds, skins and such thinks.

And please write why you want the things changed, the part with the annoying sounds is a good reason, but just writing "skin looks like sh!t" won't help noone.

So if you have sounds, send them to me, if you don't know how to make the sounds, give me a link to the whole soundfile and I make the sounds for JK2. If there is no link write me your ICQ and we will find a way to exchange files.

In one simple sentence: YOU can help to make the model better, but please respect our work and don't release anything without contacting us first. Thanx.

Oh, my mail address is

terrence20@web.de

Archived