Home

What's going to be the Shocking Revolation in Episode III?

razorace

Jedi_Monk says:

Originally, it was going to be Bail Organa and an actor was even cast for the part... But Lucas decided at the last minute that he wanted Organa to be younger, and so cut him completely out of the movie, replacing him with Bail Antilles. Now, Bail isn't a name, it's a title... and remember that the captain of Leia's starship at the beginning of ANH was an Alderaanian named Captain Antilles, so it's clear that Antilles isn't a regional name.

You must have watched a different Episode II then everyone else.

Because in epII Bail Organa was there, near the start. I think he might have had a line or two, but no one referred to him by name. Jimmy Smits played him, a popular actor from T.V. shows. Watch the credits at the end of the film, it says:

Bail Organa...........................Jimmy Smits

That would be a dead give away. The part was not cut. No idea where you came up with that. Here is a cast listing of Episode II, conveniently located at the http://www.starwars.com website. 10 characters down is Bail Organa, played by Jimmy Smits.

I think Anakin will kill Dooku and take his place at sidious side, but not because Padme is killed. I don't think padme will be killed. Leia says in in ROTJ that he remembers her mother, Nat Portman has said that she will be pregnant in EP III.

Rick McCullam says that Vader will accumulate his costume during the course of Ep III which means that Anakin must turn into Vader quite early on in the film.

hehe. yeah. :)

Anyway, back on topic. It doesn't make sense to kick a person out of the Jedi Order. It's like kicking a person out of jail because they're TOO violent. The Jedi'd would just keep an eye on him and try to prevent him falling to the Dark Side. (Remember the cut "Fallen Twenty" speech. Only 20 Jedi had ever left the Order in it's current form.) Anakin's going to have to leave on his own.

The fallen Twenty all left of their own free will, as far as I know... I doubt the Jedi would memorialize the ones who were "dishonorably discharged", so to speak. And Obi-Wan keeps telling Anakin that he can't have Padme... being with her would "break" his commitment to the Jedi Order... choosing her over his duty as a Jedi would get him expelled from the Jedi Order.

My take: Anakin will get expelled, go haywire... he knows he can't go to Obi-Wan because "he won't understand", so he goes to someone who does understand him... that would be Palpatine. Palpatine tells him the secret, offers to help him take revenge and Darth Vader is born. While the other Jedi are hunted down as opponents to democracy (or sepratists, which I can't really see after their battle on Geonosis), Anakin stands beside Palpatine as his lieutenant.

Naboo is going to be ripped to pieces by Anakin searching for Padme, I think.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

But like I said before, it wouldn't make sense to kick someone out of the Order. The Order isn't suppose to be a political / police orginization, they simply teach people in the ways of the Light Side of the Force. They'd make all attempts to keep a possible Dark Sider in the Order to help they stay on the path of the Light Side. To kick them out is to shun the person and almost guartee that he falls to the Dark Side.

Originally posted by razorace

Well, it's possible but i don't think that's Lucas's style. He's got a real strict rule of limited sexuality in his movies. Sides, wouldn't that mess up the movie's rating? I'm sure that would scare some parents off.

Well deep down I am hoping it doesn't happen, but I have this funny feeling that it is possible at this point. It would corospond with classic myth theories, if Lucas is still in to that sort of thing.

Archived