Home

Yoda, Hair and now.

SilentMobius

Originally posted by Master Yogurt

Whats goin on with the sp yoda does it work or not and if it does will someone post a link?

well its easy enough to get the Yoda model to work in SP but it would have the wrong size... you would have to change the height of all the other characters in the game(since Kyles is nonchangeable from what i have understand) all you should do is go into the pk3 and change the "Yoda" to "Kyle" and then edit the skin... (haven't checked if it works with this model but it should...)

I've labeled it as as 1.1 (I don't think fiddling with the hair really constitutes a full version number do you :) )

there has been some discussion between Kman and I regarding the shader, although it's all sorted now and I'll zip it all up again tonight.

On a related note can JKII pk3's use compression? I remember that Q3 pk3's had to use compression level 0 (store) but it _looks_ like the curent joda pk3 is compressed to some degree?

wait a sec, you mean q3 paks were NO compression? i'm not sure if thats right....ive made stuff for most of the q3 games, and ive put full compression on every time...i think it just means it'll load a little slower, but who cares about that nowadays eh?

as to my knowledge, ALL pk3's are the same format, standard ZIP file

ive never had any problems with compression etc...but it would seem a little stupid not to include compression, q2/hl paks had compression, so why not q3 games, where the data is much higher? (although i doubt you'll get more than about 1% compression on a JPG, targa a little more :) )

I was just curious if kman's suggestion of putting the shader upgrade, alone, as a pk3 worked to fix the hair up.

Also, has the update been sent to any sites? I know sometimes files seem to enter a void of darkness at some of the more popular file hosting sites.

Great looking fix up to a great model. I'm glad to see someone lent another helping hand. That's what makes the world go around ;)

-nomad

MTFBWY

Archived