Home

Specs of your machine.....

SunBurN

I'm just curious on average what speed of machine everyone is using? I'll start. The basic specs for my development/gaming machine are:

1.53Ghz AMD Athalon

512MB DDR RAM

Gforce 3 128MB Ti200

1.5mb Cable

Windows 2000

JK2 radiant

Basically I want to know this so I can determine what percentage of ppl out there are using lower end machines and I can plan my future maps accordingly since it seems that the larger the map I make, the more of a hit in performance it takes on slower computers despite using good mapping techniques and caulking. Anyways, thanks!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Antech 350-watt dual fan dual ball bearing power supply

-Gigabyte 7DXR motherboard

-1.53 GHz Athlon

-GeForce 3 Ti 200 @ 200/460 MHz

-Soundblaster PCI128 4-channel

-IBM 40 GB, 7,200 RPM, UDMA 100 120GXP HDD

-Dual 6 GB, 5,400 RPM, UDMA 33 HDDs in RAID 0 (stripe)

-LG 52x CD-ROM

-ProView, 17", .27 dot-pitch CRT

-Fisher STV-862 with Sherwood S-7200 amp and Premiere SP-115 speakers

-Microsoft WheelMouse Optical USB

-Key Tronic KB101 keyboard

-Jedi Outcast 1x1" case sticker

:D

AND

-Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2 fully updated

-GTKRadiant 1.2.10

:D

A PerfectFlat Viewsonic beats an LCD any day... dunno why he'd get rid of it. He'll probably change his mind in a few days. ;)

Speaking of which... this is my current system, tho it will be undergoing a massive overhaul within a couple of weeks:

Pentium III 800EB on an Asus P3v4x

640MB PC133 RAM

Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS 64MB (GeForce2 GTS)

Soundblaster Live

2 Maxtor 40GB HDs (7200) and 1 Maxtor 20GB HD (5400)

HP 10x4x32 CD-RW (9200 series)

Viewsonic 17" PerfectFlat A75f

Altec Lansing ACS48

Logitech Optical Mouse

Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro

all inside a generic fullsize tower on wheels, with a 400W PS

(AND)

Windows 2000 Advanced Server, fully updated

JK2Radiant - the original, BABY!

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 GHz

Asus A7V333

512 MB DDR 333

Visiontek Xtasy GeForce 4 Ti-4200

Hercules Game Theater XP

1 WD 80Gb ATA-133

1 WD 60Gb ATA-100

16x Toshiba DVD-ROM

LG 24x10x40x CD-RW

Some kickass Altec speaks

Viewsonic A90f 19" PerfectFlat CRT

AND

Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 3 Official Release

GTK Radiant 1.2.9.0

ah and in terms of internet connections:

Road Runner. Last test was: 1054 kbps down / 388 kbps up

My cable gets me 3,000/128 Kbps, hehe!

My speakers are so kickass. My front channels are some home theater speakers that I've got an old amp hooked up to, they have more bass than the majority of PC speaker subwoofers, and they don't even have them! Just 10" woofers, no subwoofers.

cooool. I lika my cable. Fast, although not as fast as d/ling off the T1 at work. :D

edit:

btw

Windows 2000 Advanced Server, fully updated

why in the flying #### do you need 2000 Advanced Server as your desktop? That's too much overkill thank you.

Oh, okay... Yeah that's overkill. Server, Advanced Server, and Datacenter Server are no more secure or no faster than Professional, they just add a whole bunch of database and web server stuff, and a lot of useless data to your HDD that sucks up space.

Originally posted by Emon

Oh, okay... Yeah that's overkill. Server, Advanced Server, and Datacenter Server are no more secure or no faster than Professional, they just add a whole bunch of database and web server stuff, and a lot of useless data to your HDD that sucks up space.

and even if you wanted to use it for a website, Professional has IIS and while you can only have one website in it, it still has all the features of the Server IIS.

You guys all seem to have pretty kick ass systems. My friend ended up taking back the 19" LCD to the store, and got a ViewSonic P220f 22" monitor. God it's sweet...he was playing americas army on it and it was phenomenal!! Have you guys tried that yet?? It's completely free made with Unreal2 engine. Going to dl it tonight and give it a try.

Well ok, once again

Dude, I got me a Dell$$$$$$$(payments end in 2005:mad: )

1.2 Pentium 4

128 MB Ram

Windows Me

DVD

CD-RW

Cable Modem

20"Monitor set at 1280X1024

Altec Lansing 5 speakers including Subwoofer

Soundblaster Live

Logitec wingman gamepad and throttle stick(2 different controllers)

server and advanced server has VPN; gonna put that on my LAN's server, and my friends LANs server, so we can tunnel into eachothers lan for games/etc.

server comp: win2k pro sp2; old gateway 450; 384mb ram; 16mb voodoo3 card (soon to be changed)

my comp (built FOR this game!): win2k pro sp2; athlon 1.4; gigabyte MB; 256mb pc2100; geforce3ti 64mb card; toshiba 40x dvd; plextor 40x cdrw

my other comp (semi-stock compaq) win98se; amd 533; 184mb ram; voodoo3 16mg pci card (soon to be replaced)

and a bunch others on the LAN; my friend just built one thats pretty much like mine, but better; got total 6 static computers on the LAN; served with an attbi cable modem; the upload cap sucks, but since we are like 2000 ft outside any dsl range not much we can do

as far as monitors and sound go tho, nah we aint got it; two 17" monitors, the rest usually stock 15"ers (id like to go bigger, but because of space, i wont go bigger than 17" unless its a lcd, which still suck and cost too much)

probably more info than required :p (i also want to state the fact that neither me or my friend ever took any type of class on networking; hell hes a dropout and i only got high school computer classes on the belt)

hey, you really don't need school for networking! I learned most of what I needed to know long before I took all the classes to get my certifications. And if you love doing what your doing, then that's all that matters..and you'll be good at it!

Archived