Are you excited?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited?

• Yes
    • No
    • What\'s LOTR?
    • Polls...I hate polls...

Originally posted by Reb Starblazer

I am excited of course, but I'm not buying it. I'm going to wait until 2004, when the box set comes out. Then I shall have all the movies at one time. To me it seems like a good idea. I may even have a DVD player by that time...:D

I know exactly what you mean. Thats what I'm doing with the Star Wars films...but I've seen them hundreds of times, so I don't mind. But LOTR I sooo badly want to see again:)

i'm gonna rent the first DVD and watch all the extras on it, but i'm gonna wait and buy the special edition 4 disc one in November. that one looks much cooler, but yea, i can't wait to see the movie again. I only got to see it once in the theatre so i'm itchin for some more ring action!

I started to read the books just before movie came out, because I thought that would be a nice way to learn about characters and locations before seeing it. Now, after many obstacles and some lazy days, I'm 40 pages from the end of The Return of the King. ;)

Well, after actually seeing it I believe I should have FIRST watched the movie and THEN read the book, because other way around, movie lacks the poetic part of original story(Hobbits sing in the book when they are afraid, but in the movie they are only afraid. Period) and almost every rough edge(Tom Bombadil anyone?) from the book has been ironed out to make it appear pure action/adventure flick meant for teens.

Now, even though I obviously have mixed feelings about the movie, I think it works nicely as an introduction to the book, and hopefully those 30 minutes that Jackson added to Special Edition will contain actual events depicted in the book, but then omitted while shooting/editing the flick; I think movie overally had enough battles and fights, so hopefully these added scenes won't only be action oriented, but fleshen out characters instead. Of course this extra footage is meant for fans, because even though movie had to simplify some parts of the story and clearly cut out other parts, it felt too long. :rolleyes:

I loved LotR... I enjoyed it much more than the book--won't say it's better because Tolkien is just a master of the language--but I liked it more... I confess, I got bored of the book and it wasn't until a quarter through the Two Towers that I really started to enjoy the series. I'm deffinately going to get the VHS, but I don't know about the DVD... I'd love to get the DVD, but our DVD player is in our computer and even though we have a 19" monitor, it's just not the same as relaxing in front of the TV.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Archived