Home

JediMod Official 1.2: at peak of release [read]

remark 666

well, 1.2 has been beta tested, a lot of bugs found and fixed, new emotes, new moves, new a lot of stuff

all that needs to be done is me finishing the sabers (and HUD images), maybe 1 more final test to see that everything works all right and I guess 1.2 will be sent off to file sites (unless Dest finds another bug)

this will probably be the last Official release by Dest, he has to attend collage and needs all the concentration he can get, very important time collage is, I think you guys can understand that that's more important and if you don't ... tough luck

my suggestion would be to fully delete ANY JediMod mods you have (JediMod 1.0 and 1.1, JediMod++ 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, 4.0) because this will be a mod on it's own, not a patch update

and yes, there IS grapple hook -_-'

anything small that you would like to see made in 1.2 list here now and quick, if Dest has time he might add it in

:)

Is there any chance there will be any admin functions in it like slap or silence? I initially made the mistake of putting in the mod of this one, but I haven't switched yet because of the admin commands.

I would prefer to run Dest's version as the other mod has given me some server problems, but I really like having some control over unrully players other than kick. If this has already been done, I apologize for the question.

Also, if it's not to much trouble is there any chance of adding the damage control from Nitemare's Duel_SE mod, I really miss that.

And before he leaves for college, I just want to thank Dest for his hard work and a great mod. Have fun at college!;)

I wrote code to do a new command, and if you guys want it to be in JediMod, I'll give you the code for it (it's about 30 lines of code changes maybe, probably less).

Basically what it does is plays any sound in the character's misc directory, expanding on the multiple taunt idea....

eg. playsound falling1.mp3 will play the character's falling1.mp3 sound (if it exists). playsound taunt1.mp3 will play the taunt1.mp3 sound.... This does all of this w/out doing the taunt animation, so you can still block saber throws and such (seems more realistic since you are only speaking anyways :))

Originally posted by Dest

rut-wa I added a cmod_teamrgb variable so you can turn on rgb sabers in team games.

Thanx for that dest. I really appreciate it. :thumbs1:

I heard you are going away for a while. I will take this oppertunity to thank you for an oustanding JediMod and I wish you good luck for the future :waive1: :waive1:

yes, you can now /slap (pushes them on the ground) or /punch (for guys), hehe, no more kissing freaks, if they do, punch them in the ####ing face ^_^'

also way more emotes have beem added (thanx to me *cough*)

Dest, it's been really fun working and beta testing with you, your server is so much fun, i'll miss admining it, it's still great that you'll be on AIM though

1.I would like to see it that each lightsaber model had a line in which told the mod what type it is (single blade, double blade, both)

This could work like the bots.txt which says which player models can have two blades

so that only double ended models like mauls could have two blades

2. I would like to see a game mode where each player has a limited number of respawns and the last person alive wins and the game restarts

3. Now we have two sabers are jangos dual blasters possible?

4. Bot second saber colors?

And remark666 can you list the lightsabers in your 1.2 saber pack

and will you be releasing future versions of your saber pack?

Dest just want to say thankyou for the jedimod you are the man. I feel sorry for the gamecube and xbox versions coming out in the they just arn't gonna have anything on pc version now thanks to this community. And by the way I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I have yet to use emots. What are they and how do you use them?

Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA

I wrote code to do a new command, and if you guys want it to be in JediMod, I'll give you the code for it (it's about 30 lines of code changes maybe, probably less).

Basically what it does is plays any sound in the character's misc directory, expanding on the multiple taunt idea....

eg. playsound falling1.mp3 will play the character's falling1.mp3 sound (if it exists). playsound taunt1.mp3 will play the taunt1.mp3 sound.... This does all of this w/out doing the taunt animation, so you can still block saber throws and such (seems more realistic since you are only speaking anyways :))

Can other people hear these played sounds? I was playing with the "play" command the other day, but no one could hear the sounds I was playing (even though they were all in the char's misc dir under assests1.pk3) Does your mod make it so others can hear the sounds?

Also, I think it would be really cool to give the mod-comptible hilts their own sounds and/or HUD Icons. I was trying to do it myself, but seeing as though I'm not much of a mod maker, I couldn't get it to work.

Originally posted by Blues

Can other people hear these played sounds? I was playing with the "play" command the other day, but no one could hear the sounds I was playing (even though they were all in the char's misc dir under assests1.pk3) Does your mod make it so others can hear the sounds?

Also, I think it would be really cool to give the mod-comptible hilts their own sounds and/or HUD Icons. I was trying to do it myself, but seeing as though I'm not much of a mod maker, I couldn't get it to work.

Yes, other people can hear them. The command is done just like an emote, where it's a command that the server sends to the clients. Dest isn't putting it in JediMod because it could be abused to the point where people are just constantly running around w/ the death1.mp3 sound. He did however put in multiple taunts, which was my goal anyways :).

Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, other people can hear them. The command is done just like an emote, where it's a command that the server sends to the clients. Dest isn't putting it in JediMod because it could be abused to the point where people are just constantly running around w/ the death1.mp3 sound. He did however put in multiple taunts, which was my goal anyways :).

Cool. Any way you can get this to me? It sounds fun.

I might release future saber packs, this was special though, I wanted 1.2 better then it is so I made hilts to go with is, MAKE SURE to stick them in base folder, not the new JediMod Official folder

sorry, I don't remember all the sabers but there are 45 hilts :)

and to use emotes you have to type them in the console icepool, here is few off the top of my hand

/sit -sits do again the stand up

/stand -stands up from sit, typing /sit a second time will do the same thing

/kiss -kisses another player if both of you have your sabers off

/taunt -does the spinning saber taunt

/draw -does a nifty saber drawing move

/nod -nods your ehad

/shake -shakes your head

/super -strike a superman pose

/thumbsdown -looks like your giving something a thumbs down

/beg -gets in a begging position

/dance1 -does the spin performed in the purple front special

/punch -punches and actually does some damage

/think -gets on his/her knee and thinks (type /stand to get up)

/breakdance -does a quick breakdance

/shrug -looks like he/she shrugs

/slap -slape/pushes the person away (done in /kiss ONLY)

/sleep -falls dead on the floor, looks like sleeping (type /stand to get up)

when binding emotes or commands to keys make sure to leave the / out.

ex. bind x "super" and not bind x "/super"

Well, I'm sure it's too late for any more requests, but I'm just going to say, I'd love to see the bryar pistol replaced with, or choosable between, the blastech pistol (and/or other Star Wars related blaster pistols)

Well, no one has made the model for the blastech yet, so I know it's not even possible at this point, but I just figured I'd chime in with my request. :p

Thank you SO MUCH Dest, for the wonderful job you've done in making this a much better and more fun game (not that it was bad to begin with).

-nomad

MTFBWY

Oh I would love to be able to bind multiple keys for different .mp3 taunts. (I think I could afford about three keys for taunting, maybe more) :)

Archived