Home

Date and xbox version

Taos

I was wondering if anybody has any idea how much different the Xbox version of this game will be verses the cpu?? Obviously controls, and graphics, etc. The whole reason for me buying an Xbox (besides the drop in price) is for this game....I've been reading some of these forums the past few weeks and now thinking about upgrading my cpu. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i was just lookin around at ebgames and i thought what the hell i should just go look at knights of the old republic, and i saw that the release date has changed from november 2002, all the way to february 2003! that sucks, hope it is not true. what do you guys think?

When you consider that the XBOX has a 733 MHZ processor, an NVIDIA Geforce 4 graphics card and is basically a CPU minus a few features, I would say, besides the obvious differences that you mentioned, not much in terms of the game itself. One of the features that a PC game will have are the opportunities to make 3rd party modifications to the program, like in JK2.

Though I am sure, that Bioware, having published several successful PC titles will optimize the game to take advantage of the PC's strengths. I myself, plan on getting both versions.:D

I saw that as well. Kind of disheartening. Though if you have any experience with games, you know that titles rarely release on time. Amazon.com still has it's release date as November.

In retrospect, if they are taking the time to make the game all it can be, then I do not mind waiting. Too many potentially great games have been ruined by designers and publishers rushing them to market.

However, if Lucasarts and Bioware are pushing the console title all the way back to Spring 2003, then they would have defeated their purpose, which was to have KOTOR out on console BEFORE the PC version per an agreement with Microsoft, which gave this game a huge feature in it's XBOX Official Magazine, trumpeting that the first real Star Wars RPG was coming to XBOX first. Also, they did not want the console format to compete with the PC format of the game. This could potentially hurt sales for the XBOX version. Let's see what happens toward November.:D

Hey, thanks a lot for that info Norin....I didn't even know that the XBOX had those capabilities. Still have a lot to learn. I have read a little bit about those 3rd party mods you were talking about, sounds pretty cool to me. I will most likely end up with both as versions as well. Just need to dig up some cash for the new cpu. :D

Also, I like your avatar...how many post do I have to have in order to get something similar??

I was just on the Lucasarts website and it hasn't changed the date...yet. If you guys are right, this is really gonna suck @#* Would be perfect timing with the Ep II dvd coming out then. Guess I'll just have to watch the movie.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I was just on the Lucasarts website and it hasn't changed the date...yet. If you guys are right, this is really gonna suck @#* Would be perfect timing with the Ep II dvd coming out then. Guess I'll just have to watch the movie.

Hmmmmm..............

This does not please me.

*SIGH*

More waiting. They say the best things in life are worth the wait...... well we shall see.

To be honest, I have had my mind set on March 2003(not a typo) for a few months now. It just better be complete when it comes out since the XBOX is coming out so much earlier. But at least we will get to see a review before our game comes out. :D

well, I don't give a damn about EB games dates....

plus, LEC usually don't delay their games much, if at all...

they just announce dates when they know they can make them...

and looking at the last "dev talk", everyone talks about the last push, this late stage and whatnot...

Archived