Home

The Farscape Project

HapSlash

Well,... I've begrudgingly gotten into modeling, and so far it's going fairly well. I've got a lot to do as far as the Farscape Project goes, and since I don't know what I'm doing half the time, it's kinda slow going.

Here's a little preview of the scorpius model I'm working on,...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/scorpi-model.jpg

It's far from finished, but I thought I would give everyone a taste of what I've been up to.

If you think you'd like to help me out with something, let me know, I'm sure I could use it.

OMG!!! That is an excellent skin of Scorpius! That is the best one I've seen so far! This is great HapSlash! Keep it up! Good job! :D

Say I've got an idea on how to make those little flap things that go over his shoulders. Take the shoulder pad things from the Stormtrooper model! That would work out great!

Hey HapSlash, maybe we need to put all of our Farscape models together and make a complete Farscape models and skins pack! How about that? What do you think? :D

Thanks for the suggestion about the shoulders,... Not a bad idea, but I've already started on them. I still might try the pauldrens from the trooper out though,...

Actually I think these ones you've made might work just fine. But you could go ahead and try the others out. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything. :D

I've only been modeling for a couple of weeks now, but I'm not as good as you may think. Most of this model is based directly off of the jedi model from the game. I reshaped the head/face and added the extras, such as the pauldrens and tails, but most of the really hard stuff was already done.

Here's one last pic before I call it a day.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/scorpi-lastpicotheday.jpg

See you guys later,...

Even though you didn't make it completely yourself, I'm still impressed. To take the Jedi model, and turn it into Scorpius, that still takes plenty of talent! Most people just reskin the Jedi model(I've seen your skins, they're very good also), you've completely changed it. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Well I've looked through some tutorials and can't find this ---

How do I import a model of an already made skin...as you did with the jedi model....so I can base my guy offa it. Also how can I use that root xsi thing to import a skeleton...if that is what it does?

G'Mornin'!

I've already done some work on a Chricton model, mainly just in making the vest. It still needs to have a collar and the other half of the clips added to it, but this is what I have so far...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/vest2.jpg

Here's a pic of the face I did, just incase you didn't catch it earlier.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/john.jpg

The only way I know of to import GLM's is to first import it into milkshape, then export it as a file that your 3d modeling program can import. You'll need to add the importer file for GLM's, I don't know where else you can download it from, but I have a copy of it. 'D' was the one who originally sent it to me,...

As far as the skeleton goes, I know nothing. Like I said, I've only been screwing around with this for the past couple of weeks. I've never even looked at any of the tutorials online. They tend to slow me down rather than help me out. They're usually written in a convoluted double-talk that goes under the assumtion that you already know what you're supposed to be doing.

Oh yeah,... and don't forget to catch Farscape tonight!!

You are probably the best skinner I've seen and now that you are getting into modelling, you will no doubt become very good. You have an excellent talent, use it well.

I agree Sniper Wolf. :D HapSlash is the best skinner I've seen as well. :D

Hey HapSlash if you want me to I would be happy to fit these models around the skeleton and stuff for you. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I'm a great fan of Farscape, from the first episode of the series. I think that Scopie is really good, man. The model is quite accurate.

With commander Crichton, the torso looks good, but the face don't. You may need a few arns to remake the face.

Anyway, It's a really good work. Keep it up!!!

WOW!!!!!! Dude, out of all the people I've seen make a model yours is the first I'd download if it was out as it is now. Everyone else had to take months of tweaking, but it only took you a day to complete something I would consider worthy of keeping.

As for the John model, the skin looks VERY good but the head has a small problem on the forhead.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't mean to awaken a long dead thread, and I'm a first time poster, but i've been visiting JediKnightII.net since i first got the game so im no noob. And wish not to be treated as such. Now on to the subject......

Wicked, this is just.......wicked! Cant wait to gun down scorpy and piss on his rotting carcas! Not let's see D'argo(sp?)!

Archived