Home

Velias

obi

Hey guys and gals, here is a story I am working on.

(the LOTR put me in the mood for magic and whatnot, and setting is around midevil times :))

Here's a small sample:

Velias was just a little fellow when his father died. The crying that came afterwards was too well remembered, and so was the pain. For God sakes, the Pain. Why did it have to stay? WHy couldn't he remember his father as who he was, and not how he was killed? Why must this bring so much anger?

Young Velias always wondered why the man in a dark cloak killed his father, and he always wondered who that man was. For on the day of their meeting, it would surely end with someone's blood.

He thought of his father more, and sat up in his bed.

That's enough greiving for now,he told himself. He got up, put on his tunic and boots, and ate his bread.

When the meal was finished, he put up the dishs and went to the day's chores. Plowing the fields, careing for his flowers, and a few other things.

He was sweeping the walkway to his house when an elderly man in hourse and carraige rode in front of the small hut and stopped.

"Excuse me, young man, I am looking for someone named Loth."

The elderly man said.

"You have found him. I am Velias Loth." The young boy said.

"I have something for you, mr.Loth." The man said, as he reached down, and picked up a small box, and handed it to the boy.

"Thank you, kind sir." Velias said, as he said his good-bye's to the old man, and went inside.

He sat at his small table, and stared at the small box, wondering what it was, and who had sent it to him. The boy then opened it very quickly, to see a small golden key. He picked it up, and looked at it, and his curiousity shot through the roof.

So, what do you think so far?

Thanks for the support guys. :)

I am going to post some of it when I get a chance. Like now, I could post the continuation, but thats a lot for people to read. :)

"This, is just the begining" -Dooku

:D

Here's some of the continuation:

Velias held the key up to the light. It was strange that someone had sent him a key, with no directions as to where it goes. Velias noticed small writing on the side of the key, "Qos."

Qos?!

He had seen this language before, it was an ancient Bellron language. The Bellrons lived in the northern part of the high east mountins, but became extinct sometime ago during a crushing ice storm.

But what did "Qos" mean? Velais needed some answers. The best place he could fine them would be at the local Bar, because historians usually went there to drink after work.

Velias put on his boots and set off.

A few moments later, he walked into the bar, and the owner noticed him.

"What'll it be?" The man asked.

"I am not here for a drink, but perhaps you might could tell me where the libraians are?"

The bar tender pointed to a group sitting near the wall. Velais thanked him, and went to the table.

"Hello." Velais said to the small group. A woman took a drink, and acknowledged his presence.

"WHat can I do for you?" She asked.

"I am looking for someone who can translate Bellron." Velias said.

"Well, I am not fluent in the language, but I study it often, perhaps I can be of help. " The woman said.

Velias picked the key from his pocket and gave it to the woman. She held it to the fire lantern on the wall, and read out the word.

"It means Footwear." She said.

"Footwear?! Why would a key say footwear? Are you sure you have translated the message correctly?" Velias asked, confused.

The woman seemed insulted, but she exhaled, and said "Yes. It says footwear. I am sorry if that means nothing to you, but that is what it means. Have a nice day." The woman said, as she payed for the drink and left the bar, leaving young Valias astounded.

Thanks for the support guys. :)

Before I haul off to bed, I'm oging to post the next installment. :)

footwear. The name itself sounded rediculas, but that,obviously, was the correct translation. Velias Thumbed the key through his fingers, and put it in his pocket. He walked home, thinking what relevance the word "footwear" had. When he got home, He made himself supper, and went to bed.

As he layed there, He thought more of his father, and the cowards that had killed him.

He finally went to an uneasy sleep, and awoke the next day with a chicken at his window.

Velias rubbed his eyes and looked at the creature.

"Hello, little fellow." He said to the chicken, as it flew in, and ran through his door. "No, you cannot be in here, i'm sorry." Velias said to it, as he went to grab it. Right when Velias grabbed the bird, it slipped out of his hands, and ran through his kitchen. Velias chased it. The chicken evaded Velias's every move, and took a turn inside of a door that led to a small stairway.

"Great," Velias said. "Now I've got him cornered." Velias said to himself as he walked down the stairs to his basement. Velias set fire to a small candle, and walked into the basement.

He looked over to his right, and saw the small chicken on top of a small box. Velias went to grab him, and he flew right off up the stairs again.

"Damned bird." Velias murmered. Velias, for no reason at all, glanced as to where the chicken was standing, and noticed the small box. He knelt beside it, and seen a small piece of gold sticking through a layer of dust. Velias blew off the dust, and wiped the rest off. It was a name plate.

Charles Loth

"Father......" Velias said aloud. He then realized that the small box was a box for his father's old boots. Then he noticed a small key hole.

Footwear

"Thats it! It has to be!" Velias exclaimed, as he took the small key out of his pocket, and slipped it right in the key hole, and turned it. The box opened, and the cobwebs fell off.

"Wow..." Velias said as soon as he seen the magnificent site that was in the small box.

:D

Velias looked at the clean,silver boots that where his fathers. He Took them out, and tried them on. Velias dicovered a letter hidden on the bottom of the box. He read it to himself.

To my son,

I miss you son, as you read this, you know I am gone.....

I had the small golden key delivered to you on this date, because I knew you would be stronger and healthier more then ever before.

I want you to have these boots, they are much better then those small Leather shoes I was forced to leave you. But, that is not the only reason I am giving you these boots. Read, and read carefully.....

On the back of this paper is a map, a map of the Ancient Bellron land in the mountins. There, where the small hut is on the map, you will find more information, and a new freind. I hope you live a long life, and live it well, making your own decisions.

I love you, my son.

Velias began to cry, and the tears stained the paper ever so lightly. He folded the paper, and put it into his carrying sack. He sat down to some breakfast, packed a few cloths, put on the boots, and began his long hike to through the mountins. HE had to find this person his father was going on about, and seeing how his father had the key delivered on this day, Velias knew that his father had known he would die, and that this person, whoever he may be, could help him.

Archived