Home

Jawa model preview...

Ronin{TRIAD}

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jawamodel.jpg

Here's my "regular joe" Jawa skin. I've got to change the eyes a little bit, and it'd be cool if someone could either teach me how to do it, or just add shaders so that his eyes are always glowing in the game.

I'll also work on a Jedi Jawa skin. :D

gah!! problem here again.....

Model: "_humanoid"

Sequence "_HUMANOID": ASE/XSI/GLA file not found: "c:/gamedata/base/models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla"

(1 faults)

I've gotten to the point where the model is ready to be converted to glm format. I've followed Raven's tutorial to a T, and I get this error when I run assimilate.

Can someone explain this?

create a c:\base directory, next extract the _humanoid.gla in there (c:\base\models\players\_humanoid).

install the tools in c:\base...

copy carcass.exe in the "c:\base\models\players\_humanoid"

when ready to compile:

In assimilate, check your preferences settings (Edit menu)

the compiler line should be:

c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/carcass.exe

leave the quake dir blank.

Go to "add files" and then point to the .gla file. Make sure the root.xsi is in the same dir as carcass.exe

assimilate will create a default .car file, save this file as model.car, i suggest u use this one instead of the ones provided by raven.

when ready, click the B icon and you should see a dos window popup...you'll get a valid glm file or some error message...

good luck

First off thanks to Cheshire and Psyk0Sith for helping me out with the problems I had.

Next, due to some problems that arose in real life, I had to stop working on the model for a couple days. I have been working on it today and hopefully by tonight I'll have it in game. At least a first version.

I'll keep you all informed.

another update. The model is in game (at least I think it is), but since I am at a friends place without my JKII cd, I can't test it =/

Also when I look at it in the modview program, the arms are all diconnected and screwy. I'm trying to fix that but, nothing seems to work. I'm assuming its either a tag problem, or the vertices aren't weighted properly. If anyone wants to take a look at it, and maybe figure it out, I'd be more than happy to send you the glm file.

Is your problem with the model that the body parts move unexpected, not following the bones they are attached to?

I had such a problem, its because some body parts are mirrored. Another thing could be bodyparts are moved or scaled after attached to the bones. bevor assimilate it looks everything ok, but after that its wired.

I hope i point in the right direction.

Archived