Home

Should I Buy It??

jediduo

I have played Gran Turismo 2, and am completely hooked. The only problem is that I was borrowing a friend's Playstation, and now I can't play it anymore. So I can't decide whether or not I should go out and buy a system and the game just so I can play it. In my opinion, it is the best game I have ever played. What do you guys and girl think? Help me!

Actually, if anyone has another suggestion of a good racing game, please share it!

I've already played A-spec, and call me crazy, but I didn't like it as much as 2. I loved the concept of buying a USED car and souping it up. With A-spec you can't do that. The only thing you can do with the 18 grand they give you is buy an f'ing VW Beetle!

hum...my boyfriends brother has Grand Turismo 3 for PS2. Its pretty fun. His brother is reaaaly good and he has won a lot of the cars. I'll have to look at it again.

The thing about a Ps2 is...you can play PS one games and PS2 games....soo that's pretty tight...and it can play dvds and such. I think it even makes the PS one games look smoother. If I were you I'd invest in the PS2. They have gone down a lot in price and the games selection is HUGE especially since it includes Ps1 and ps2.

But...if your tight for money...go with the ps one. There are a lot of great games for it and I bet if you looked in the paper you could find a reaaaaallly cheap one. Or ebay watever! I still have my Ps 1 and love it....planning on a 2 after money allows :o)

Originally posted by STTCT

i'm reluctant...they don't have many games out for the xbox yet. You would think they would since it is much easy to make games for the xbox than a ps2.

But its much more profitable to make games for the PS2. Its the market leader by a long shot.

Ah the XBOX, soooo much better than the ps2...the 8 gig hard drive does it for me (don't have to buy all those silly little memory cards). Loading so is so much faster! I love my xbox and one of the reasons that so few games are out now is that Sony tied up a lot of developers in contracts so they couldn't do anything for the xbox until they finished with their ps2 games.

I was a fool... I bought a gamecube. The only games I like for it are super monkeyball and Super Smash Brothers melee. So far, 'Cube doesn't have any racing games to compare to GT2/3.

My parents severely restrict what I can and can't play, and for how long. I don't even know if they will let me buy a PS One.

i think he means it's b/c there's tuns of good games coming out by the end of this year. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, Time Splitters 2, Conflict: Desert Storm, Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime, Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2, the Legend of Zelda, Evolution Worlds, and many others. :D did i go a little crazy?

I appreciate the help, Jatt, but none of those really interest me except for Time Splitters, and mum and dad won't let me get any first person shooters. Needless to say, I can't wait until college. The only games I really like are the quick and easy kind, with lots of replay value. Like SSB Melee and Monkeyball. I can't really play adventure games like Zelda because I have a time limit on how long I can play. I can never get to a good stopping point before I am ordered off.

*J-Duo screams in frustration*

Super Smash Brothers Melee is easily the most enjoyable multiplayer console experience I've had in a long time. I am swift death with Roy and Marth.

For a Metroid fan like me, getting a GC is justified if it means finally getting another installment of Samus.

I've been on a kick recently, playing NBA Street for the GC. Strangely addictive, especially when you get MJ, Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant on the same team.

i played the Starwars game for it the x wing one...I think. Pretty fun! The GC is pretty smooth I really liked that a lot. But see a long time ago I bought an N64 and quickly realised that was the wrong investment! I already had a PS 1 and loved those games more than the 64. I think I own 2 games for N64 and a whole lot of PS games. The one thing I don't like about PS2 is the loading time. God it takes forever. I played the Simpsons one the other day....MY GOD. You could slip into a coma waiting. Everytime you started over or ran out of time...it had to load again. Ridiculous! So the x box doesn't have so much wait time?? that would be awesome. I hate waiting to play games. I want it NOW. Down with lag time!

Archived