Home

xXx

Sherack Nhar

I went to see TripleX yesterday with my father, and I left the theaters very satisfied with what I saw! I recommend seeing it, as long as you make sure to leave your brain at home and just expect a dumb action movie :)

The movie starts out with a bang, showing that it means business. Unlike most action flicks, xXx does not rely on big weaponry to make good action sequences, but rather incredible (and unbelievable) stunts. It's like James Bond crossing with the extreme games :)

The first half of the movie is full of exceptional shots giving the flick a distinct flair that sets it apart from the other action flicks (I'm thinking about the big zoom sequence to introduce Samuel L. Jackson's character). However, in the second half of the movie it seems like the director forgot to continue shooting the scenes in that different way, losing some of the impact that xXx could have had otherwise. It's still good stuff, the action sequences are surpassing most action flicks, but not as impressive as the first half.

The soundtrack (often overlooked in most action movies) is absolutely amazing. It uses a bold mix of hard rock and contemporary classical that works really well. Most people don't care about the soundtrack in a movie, but I do, and there's definitely something to like here in xXx!

I will not comment too much on actors' performances, because I am reviewing the french version of the film (thus the original voices were scrapped and redubbed in french). Vin Diesel is imposing and definitely has the look of a badass, yet his face can also show some humanity, reflecting his character's evolution throughout the movie. No complaints here!

However, here is a complaint... The women in this flick all look like whores! Too much makeup, outrageously exagerated curves, and clothes that are, well barely hiding anything. I know most people here will think I'm crazy for complaining about that, but I prefer to see women that are more down-to-earth, thank you :p

All in all, xXx is a very good, yet totally unbelievable action movie. Although some plot elements are easily predictable, you must not go see that movie expecting a rewarding intrigue of a plot. As I said, just expect a brainless action flick and you will enjoy yourself!

PROS:

- The action sequences, the stunts

- The soundtrack!

- Seems like James Bond re-imagined, which is definitely a breath of fresh air

CONS:

- The women are all whores :(

- Plot is predictable and not very complex...

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

However, here is a complaint... The women in this flick all look like whores! Too much makeup, outrageously exagerated curves, and clothes that are, well barely hiding anything. I know most people here will think I'm crazy for complaining about that, but I prefer to see women that are more down-to-earth, thank you :p

I wholeheartedly agree. I like a girl who dresses modestly and leaves u guessing about some things. I mean all that physical stuff is just too much, i look for the deeper side of things and a girl who looks like the ones in the movie, no matter how seductive and beautiful, is just gonna get u in trouble and is not the kind of person u even want to get to know. That is my big complaint with the movie is that it is degrading and disrespectful to all women and exalts instant gratification.

I saw it a few weeks ago, it ended up being a lot more then I expected. The only reason I saw it in the first place was because me and my gf had seen everything else in theatres, and what we hadn't already seen was complete crap. So we figured that XXX was better then anything we hadn't seen. I went in expecting complete, all action, brainless crap, which it kind of was, but we both thought it was still pretty good. Mind you, those idiotic, slow motion motorcycle scenes pissed us both off. It seemed like they stretched 20 seconds of original footage, into a minute. But other than that, a pretty good movie, just remember to turn your brain off before entering the theatre. :p

Archived