Home

It's Never Dark In America

Tekkiah

[[Edit: Finished! File is posted below!]]

Hey,

I'm pretty new here. I got no help at polycount though. I'm working on a new saber hilt model. I'm pretty much done with it...

http://digitalstatic.freewebspace.com/MagliteWIPone.jpg

http://digitalstatic.freewebspace.com/MagliteWIPtwo.jpg

Anyway, could someone please help me out? I need to know where the tags go, and at what orientation. I also need to know how I go about getting it from a max file to a glm(/md3). Anyone can tell me, maybe? Help would be highly apreciated. I'd even be willing to put you in the credits. :p

(Oh, are both a glm and md3's required, or is that just for LOD's? Anyone know?)

-Tekk

weapons dont have LODs as far as i know, at least not sabers.

you need to download the Jedi Knight Outcast editing tools, with it includes a program that converts the .md3 to a .glm.

the tag_flash must be pointing up where you want the beam to start.

and you dont need a tag_parent if you set up your saber in the 0,0 coordinates.

Originally posted by Madjai

weapons dont have LODs as far as i know, at least not sabers.

you need to download the Jedi Knight Outcast editing tools, with it includes a program that converts the .md3 to a .glm.

the tag_flash must be pointing up where you want the beam to start.

and you dont need a tag_parent if you set up your saber in the 0,0 coordinates.

Actually they do have lods, the medium lod for the lightsaber hilt is waaaaay diffrent than the high. Put geometry on low or medium and you'll see what i mean.

lol. This is awesome.

Not only is it a funny concept, but it's also a kick ass saber model.

Be sure to make 2 versions, though.

One that is just a normal saber hilt, and one that is JediMod 1.4 compatible (make sure that the textures are compatible as well, and not just the saber).

Great job. And I hope that somebody around here can help you out.

Man,

This is so confusing. And all the tutorials being for characters isn't helping. Do I have to somehoe animate this sucker now? I exported an XSI which works, but now I'm in assimalate and I'm lost. I set all my settings, tracked down the programs, reinstalled everything so I have no spaces, etc.. Now what? I made a car file, but I get an error about having no frames, or only 1 frame of animation. now I don't know what to do. Anyone can tell me?

(On a side note, I play with JediModPlus3.1 exclusively, so this sucker wil Definately be mod compat.)

-Tekk

Hey,

Ok, I got a tutorial that doesn't use XSI formats or anything. I just got an md3 exporter and went to town on the final steps. I got everything working in md3view no problems, and converted it to a glm from there. I then viewed that in modview, worked perfectly. I madew a pk3 and launched JKII, The model works, it's the right size and the saber comes out correctly (Had to do some tweeking to get it like this). Anyway, it has no texture in-game. I can't figure out why. Can anyone help me out, or does anyone want to fix it for me? I can send the max file and the map, via email. Maybe someone here could figure out where I've gone wrong.

-Tekkiah

Ok,

I forgot the number one rule of making textures for quake engine games. my map was 768x512. it is now 1024x512, but I plan to shrink it to 512x256. I was able to stretch the texture to fit, so I didn't have to redo that. (WHEW)

Ok, one last thing, and then I'll post it. My icon image is a 128x128, 32bit TGA, properly named, but it shows up as a black square in-game. Anyone know what I did wrong here?

-Tekk

----------------------------------------

[Edit:] Oh yeah, anyone wanna tell me how to make it all shiney with a shader?

Ok, I don't know if it was the 24bit thing or not. Turns out I updated the wrong pk3 file. (DOH!) Anyway, it has a 24bit icon now. Not only that, but it is also up for download, right here and now. I'll submit it to JediKnightII.Net and JK2Files.Com, but it probably wont get up for a month or so there. Anyway, here's a link. Download and Enjoy. Mod-Compatable version only. (Woohoo! JediMod!)

-Tekk

http://digitalstatic.freewebspace.com/maglite.html

(Sorry about any pop-ups)

Archived