Home

WIP: FFA_tatooine !

buckman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, now i havnt been able to access this forum for some time now because i get an error message about some MSQL thingy, so thats why you havnt seen any updates! but now check out my website: http://JediWorkshop.shows.it , for new screenshots of the map. I have fixed the right color and angle of the light emmitting from the sky also, and now im planning to realese a BETA of it!

What do you think about that!?!

-Buck out :duel:

I'm planning to release a BETA-version of the map tonight! I will try to get it out tonight if i dont get to much homework... I have finished the readme and i will send a mail to JediOutcast Maps that i have my betamap out so that they can get aswell!

Stay TUNED!

-Buck out :vader:

BETAMAP RELEASED!!

Get it here...

http://home.bip.net/joh.noren/beta_tattooine.zip

...or from http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com . I gave them a mail so it shouldnt take to long for them to get it up on the website :]

Please download it and let me know what you think of it! There are some bugs, but just read them from the readme ;)

HAPPY MAPPING FOLKS!!

-Buck out :duel:

Ok well i walked around the map and here are some problems that i saw and stuff i was wondering about.

You know those stairs under the archway just next to the slaves quarters well you cant walk up them. I even ducked and i couldn't get up them.

It is difficult to get over the door after it goes into the ground in the jail cell. Its harder to get out than in.

What is that square hole on the other side of the jail entrance?

Well obviously you need to furnish some rooms and add some textures in the catina around the barkeep area. It might just be my comp though. I just saw shaded white walls.

Ohh and around the edges of the map you can fall down in these little nooks right next to the edge of tattoine. That is definatly a must fix.

Are you going to make a slaves quarters room?

Well right before you are ready for the non-beta release i will be happy to look at it again and give you some opinions on the furnishing and stuff like that.

Nice map. It seems a bit too small for an FFA. I would suggest more overall size, more outside markets(Episode 1 Jar-Jar/Sebulba) to give the map more life. Im assuming Wattos shop is the one with the open ceiling? I suggest adding the junkyard to the back of that area. The framerate was fine, and I like the skybox and prefabs.

Good Map, i had some fun blowing myself up with trip mines after i set about 20 down :), anyways i noticed a ton of z-fighting textures. and a place in your map i think it was at that jail building, but one of the brushes doesnt go allt he way up to touch another brush, i have a pic of it, so in about 10 min check out http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/DrAgOnBallZ/pic1.jpg let me know when u see it so i can take it off my website.

Good Map, i had some fun blowing myself up with trip mines after i set about 20 down , anyways i noticed a ton of z-fighting textures. and a place in your map i think it was at that jail building, but one of the brushes doesnt go allt he way up to touch another brush, i have a pic of it, so in about 10 min check out http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/DrAgOnBallZ/pic1.jpg let me know when u see it so i can take it off my website.

Well im glad that you like the map so far, and i know the map is full of bugs, thats why i made it a BETA ;). And i cant really see where the wall isnt complete but ill find it and fix it in a little while! Thanks for the feedback ppl :D

Happy mapping

-Buck out :ewok:

Good job Buckman. This is really looking great!

The sky is very very beautiful! However, I would suggest that you make the lighting in the map a little bit brighter. And maybe the light could be more of an organish color rather than a redish color. I don't know, maybe it's just me?

Also I believe the map is on the small side for a FFA. I think it would be really really cool if you made a market area (with fruit vendures and cloth awnings). And across from that you could add a circular docking bay (like the very cool Docking Bay 94 from Ep.4). :D

Also I think the sand/brick/stone textures could use some more divisity. And what's up with the texture on the moister vaporator? :confused:

But really, it's looking great for a Beta!!!

Padawan_7

Originally posted by Jason Solo

i disagree that tattoine needs more house textures I think that is how tattoine should look.

Well, I'm only talking about a little variety. Just maybe a slightly different sand texture to use to break up the different components of the buildings.

i was using 6 different sand-textures on the buildings for the beta, so if you look a little closer you might see that its not all the same textures! And i have tried to get the light the same color as the sun/sky. If you look a bit more you can see that the light is coming from an angle that is correct to the sun!

Afterall, all the light is emitting from the sky so i think it should be the same color...

-Buck out

The tattooine-map is currently on hold because right now i am working on a SAGA-map, but i can tell you that i have expanded the size of the tattooine-map with a more open space, and a landingpit with possible a prefab of the millenium falcon or the royal starship!

Archived