Home

Jawa model in game but.....

Ronin{TRIAD}

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, I've never run into a problem like that before, which segment of the body is doing this? Are any of the normals flipped in game but not in max? It may be a tag problem, but I have a feeling that you might have to reset the xform on one or more of the body parts. I've run into problems with segments stretching in game and that did the trick

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

Powered by Sith :lignting

Sorry for teh long delay for any updates. I've talked with some people about the problems the model has in game, and they gave me some fixes to try. Basically it involves re-rigging the model to the JK II skeleton, and re-weighting all the vertices. I've got about 1/2 the model re-done so far, and right now I'm too pooped to finish it up. I hope I can show you guys something good soon.

1 Question...

Did you use milkshape first then import into 3dsmax?

If you use 2 programs to make the mesh things turn bad. Say if you imported a .glm from the game into milkshape and stole a couple of body parts then put it into 3dsmax and fiddled about with it some more you will have confused the mesh modifiers thus resulting into bad deformations.

This may not be the case, but just to check, export your mesh into a .3ds file from max and open it in milkshape and look for changes.

LOL pretty funky.... It seems to twist whenever u do a taunt(is there gonna be a taunt for it?) or a force and when u are in red stance. I also see lots of clipping (dont know if thats an affect of the twist thing) And the head is not perfectly alligned. I wish i knew how to model or fix this... its a real nice model. Sry i cant help :(

alright i fixed it by doing the patented sithlordii create-an-object-and-attach-it-to-your-mesh approach, then i redid the heirarchy and did a quick weighting job. i deleted the other LODs, so youll have to do the same with them, and youll have to properly weight it, then it should be fine.

oh, you can get the fixed 1st LOD here, http://www.geocities.com/madpostal2002/jawa.zip

Archived