Who will win ina Duel out of Darth Maul and Darth Vader  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win ina Duel out of Darth Maul and Darth Vader

• Vader
    • Maul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all u vadar fans out there. I guess u guys havent heard what obi's spirit said to luke. Vadar is more of a machine than a man. Vadar is not in touch with the force he relies on his respirator and all those other tech stuff. Maul was very potent with the force and had a double sided light saber with 2 modes. He could have used it as a normal lite saber and as the dual pronged one. And he killed qui-gon out of pure skill. And qui-gon didnt have a chance of hitting Maul after that long jump down (everyone is sayin that he could have killed maul then) he had to recover from the fall. And do u remember the part where all the shields blocked eachother off, well if u didnt notice Qui-gon had to sit and heal maul didn't (hmmm...). And obi killed maul out of pure rage and maul was a little over confident fiting obi

I think ssobers525 is assuming too much.

1. Just because Vader has cyber enchancements doesn't mean that he's less in tune with the force. If you had read the whole thread you'd have seen this point mentioned before.

2. Qui-Gon didn't nessicarily NEED to kneel down and rest. He was a Jedi Master and was taking the oppertunity to strength his bond with the Force and claim his emotions. Maul, on the other hand, was a Dark Sider. Their power comes from their negative feelings and therefore DON'T need to maintain claim during a battle.

3. I personally don't think there was a pause after the big jump, Qui-Gon immediately landed and moved in to hit Maul.

I think the one thing you guys are all forgetting is that Vader hunted down and destroyed ALL the jedi except 2, thats one hell of a resume compared to Mauls's measly 1, also Luke isnt the one who killed Vader, it was the emporers lightning that short circuited Vaders life support systems. but a couple of other things to ponder are the fact that Sidious mentored Maul who was beat by OBI Wan (lucky?? maybe) Sidious also Mentored Vader who also killed Sidious and OBI-Wan (because obi wanted to??) Heres the Kicker.....Obi wan is responsible for throwing Vader/Anakin into a pit of hot liquid during a saber fight which by all right should have killed him, but he (Vader) survives thanks to the Life support suit he wears. This debate will bet better answered after the next movie when we find out a couple of different things

1, Does Vader/Anakin wipe out the jedi before or after his life threatining duel with Obi-Wan??

2, Who actually kills Dooku? (a person who even Yoda could not defeat) If Anakin is responsible for that as well which is quite possible (do you think he is just going to forget that he chopped off his hand??) then this debate is basically over :D

Based on theses assesments I would say that Obi Wan would be the only Jedi powerful enough to kill Vader since he almost did, but didnt actually finish the job, then he went into hiding? why? because he probably knew Vader is too powerful for him and Yoda, if they both couldnt take him at the same time then there is no way Maul could even be in the same arena as Vader.

Just my thoughts

Originally posted by Admiral Derski

1, Does Vader/Anakin wipe out the jedi before or after his life threatining duel with Obi-Wan??

2, Who actually kills Dooku? (a person who even Yoda could not defeat) If Anakin is responsible for that as well which is quite possible then this debate is basically over :D

Based on theses assesments I would say that Obi Wan would be the only Jedi powerful enough to kill Vader since he almost did, but didnt actually finish the job, then he went into hiding? why? because he probably knew Vader is too powerful for him and Yoda, if they both couldnt take him at the same time then there is no way Maul could even be in the same arena as Vader.

Just my thoughts

mho

1. rick macullam (spelling?) said that vader accumulates parts of his costume thoughout the film - to me that means that the duel must happen early on

2. i think it has to be anakin, it will be the final push to turn him to the dark side, like the emporer wanted luke to kill vader.

also i don't think obi-wan was just hiding from vader but also the emperor and in turn the whole empire. it was the emperor who wanted all jedi killed.

but i agree that maul would lose to vader

Archived