Home

ZeroWingZero's guide to.... well Zerowingzero

zerowingzero

If your playing promod in ArtifeX's server or the Prax server, you may come to misconceptions about what i'm about. Here is a list of things you'll expect when playing me

You WILL see me:

Only use the saber:

No i'm not some kind of fruity SC nut or a JO purist. The reason you'll only see me use the saber is well, it's harder. No i'm not knocking gunners, it DOES take skill to effectivly use guns, but it's even harder to fight others with sabers while dodgeing repeater alt fire at the same time AND be #1 on the server.

With what experence i have with guns already, dominating a server with guns would be easy, but not as satisfying as geting the #3 spot knowing that the two above you took the easy route and got only 2 points higher than you.

You WONT see me:

Complain about guns:

Hey, i join a FFA server WITH GUNS, so if some of my saber fights get broken up by some repeater fire or rockets, so be it, it's a FFA server so i should expect it

You WILL see me:

Use heal(properly):

When playing me in FFA's, you will often hear the heal sound playing. That is because i choose to use up half my force pool to heal 45 damage.In maps like bespin, you'll often see me in the center and never leave untill everyone else has, because instead of leaveing after i'm down under 40, i'll stay and fight and wait till i have enough force to heal. I truly good player would know how to exploit someone who heals a lot, that's why i won't use up heal as soon as i get hit or i have enough force. Most often you'll hear me use it mid-swing or in the middle of a yellow finisher. Why? If there's a chance i might get hit and die, i wouldent want to die with 50%+ force pool knowing i could still be in the game.

You WONT see me:

Do the "noob" heal:

If i'm hit and probably gonna die, you won't see me go run for sheilds,health,or baca that isnt a few steps away. Also when i heal, you won't see me hold down backpedal untill i have enough force to heal after every hit. If you can beat me before my force runs out, your a good player, i won't take that away from you by runing away at the last minuite.

You WILL see me:

Lose:

Just because i'm good with a saber, that doesnt mean i'm some uber player or something. I DO lose from time to time. Also i may not be geting the top number of frags in servers but that doesnt mean that i can't.

You WONT see me:

Do whatever it takes to get those last two frags:

Like above, i could care less if i get 2 frags in a server when the ave is 10, but you will see me celebrate when i do ;)

You Will see me:

Kick:

I kick from time to time, mostly to start a duel or to get some distance when things get to close. I'll rarely use it to win a duel

You WONT see me:

Use kicks as my main source of damage:

It's boring, they hardly ever land and it sucks the fun out of playing the game.

You WILL see me:

Spam kick when all you do is saber throw me:

Hey, if your gonna exploit throw whenever i swing my saber, i'll just swich to blue and kick you to death. It's not fun for me, and i doubt it will be as fun for you

You WILL see me:

Take on gunners:

Most of the time depending on the map and situation, i won't run from gunners. It's difficult to take one on that uses the alt flechette and repeater often, but it's also harder to time the push just right so that as soon as it comes out of your gun,it'l reflect back to you.

You WONT see me:

Take on every gunner:

Hey, sometimes if you can't get in closer than mid range and he dodges your saber throws, staying there will just get you killed. While this is rare, i will sometimes turn on my heel and run from you if you've got that heavy repeater at the top of that narrow hallway and i'm out of force.

I hope that clears things up for most of you. And for those that think this topic is just about me, try reading between the lines a bit.

Thanks for your time.

Most of you are missing the point, i think there is something wrong with the jk2 community when:

in a fight you run for sheilds and baca twice, i lose then you say "gf"

You call me a "heal whore" and proceed to drian/lightning/pullkick/pullthrow me

And i'll honorable you! I'm not fool that turns off their saber, bows, then holds down walk for 2 min before everyfight, i hate those guys.

bravo, ZWZ, you are a nice guy on ALL fronts.

after coming off of arifex's server, lemme say I am sorry for kicking everyone's ass in there. that was a fluke. you seemed like a very good saber dueler(sp?) who did not make many mastakes.

I still cant belive I got 3 guys on that one shot, I gonna be seeing that in my sleep for a while:)

The average JO player will get into fights for no damn reason in CTF, i wish the UT community were playing, that would be interesting.

Anyway about the poindexter remarks, that skin is such a nerdy one, if starwars was a schoolyard, that person would get punked off all the time.

And i was hopeing the ZWZ thing would catch on, sometimes i use that name because calling me Zero is sometimes confusing with other Zero names.

Gotta keep it real. ffs ;)

Cool...I wish everyone would play that way :)

You didn't mention one thing, though:

Do you grip/push/pull people down ledges?

Just wondering, 'cause so many players think it's dishonourable or whatever...but well: WHY THE HELL WOULD MAPS HAVE "THE VOID" THEN?

That's what it is for. Don't fall, make others fall, yes?

If you are jumping towards me with your flechette ready, yes, I *will* push you. If I'm standing on an edge when you attack me, I might very well jump and pull you along with 5 others over the side.

Learn to use absorb. If not, learn to counter grip and position yourself right.

Let's take Nar Shaddaa...players will fall down like...like...uh...stuff-that-falls-down-alot.

I do not understand those who start calling me names after I kicked them over the edge once.

A challenge is a challenge, though. If you're dueling or "dueling", a sudden Push in mid-fight can be seen as lame. That I understand. But when you're in an insane 20-people FFA, I *will* push & pull you if I get the chance..thus using up my force and possibly making myself vulnerable to a grip or whatever.

That's the game, right?

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Gotta keep it real. ffs ;)

Hey! Hold on young man!!! I wanna have a word or two with you....

hehe FFS :p

Yeah, I agree with all your points too, except that I only play duel :(

And I make a short nod as a bow in duel, so I guess I'm the -SC- type of material you guys hate :(

Well pushing as for pushing people, i don't go out of my way to do it but if your trying to push me when i swing or are making a big jump towards me, why not?

Hey, as for ping, i guess it doesnt really matter, i'm geting ave 150 ping and i can still whoop a 40 pinger's ass.

What i hate though is when i get a lag spike, i am stuck moving in one direction and when it settles i'm looking at the score screen :(

And another thing, if we are in the middle of a fight and i just start runing, it's one of two reasons:

A) I see someone i have a beef with and want to get them (Poindexter)

B)I spotted a gunner ready to start raining some flecette and am going to take them down.

So don't take it personally!

Archived