Home

warcraft3 or swgb

bill r

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOLOLOLOLOL, Sith's has 32 MB too! :lol: And I don't remember him mentioning any "M64 Pro" when he first told me what card he had... wishful thinking Sith? Because I NEVER just say "I have a Geforce 4", I say "I have a GeForce 4 TI 4600 with 128 MB". It just sounds so much better :)

Sith, just admit that your video card sux and I'll drop it :p

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah I got a M64 Pro too

it sux like crap

when I play war3 it lags like hell (not becoz of internet connection)....when people place more than 40 units i can hardly see what's going on

and...hmmm when I play Jk2, the graphics is ...not really good

i mean, go to jk2.net and u'll see how jk2 really look under Geforce3/4 , it looks much better, almost movie quality scenes and characters

and in SWGB if a large scale battle like chunks of ATATs, troops, whatevers and air cruisers....ah....

the only thing i can do is watch the show, cauz it laggs to damn much...

><

Sith master, buy a Geoforce 3 or 4

it's pretty cheap, well that's what i am gonna do now

get a Geforce next time I go to a hardware store

LOLOLOL, too funny! Sith, give it up! Your video card, like your RAM, sux. :lol:

Prediction: You will get your 256 RAM upgrade and AoM will still lag because your TNT2 sux.

Get a GeForce 4 TI 4200 or 4600. TNT2 is horrible. It is ovbious you are just defending the card because it is what you have. If you get a GF4 you can see the graphics in high detail at 1280x1024 like I do... and finally see the graphics as they were meant to be seen. :)

You cause so much MP lag that I am almost willing to let you borrow one of my 256 RAM modules until you get this upgrade you keep hoping for. Except they probably aren't compatible with your computer, and my parents would probably not be very happy about me taking RAM out of the computer.

oh, c'mon!!!

go on JK2.net and u'll see how good jk2 really look under Geforce

it looks so real, much much much much better than TNT2

(even though that's what i have on my P-!!!)

i have 512M RAM, normally i use up 256M MAX even when i play games

btw, ppl, GET TWO MONITERS

so u can play SWGB and watch some movies at the same time

• 2 weeks later...

Im probably late posting this but..

Hi, Im J-5. I been gone for around 5 months now. I thought i'd come back to gloat. I've left this forum on July 3, 2002 exactly. Can you guess what happened that day?:rolleyes:

WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!!

WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3!! WARCRAFT 3?!

YEAH ............. WARCRAFT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no comparison. WC3 owns SWGB. Easy!! The horde, alliance, sentinels, and scourge.... OMG!!! unique races....*tear falls from eye*.....units different from each other...drool....heroes....lol.....strategies.....yea baby.....items, no need for 150 workers, 2 resources, CREEPS(not dumbass cats), hail WARCRAFT 3!! love WARCRAFT 3!! praise WARCRAFT 3!!

****holy light shrine upon head****

WARCRAFT 3!! RULES

:D;):D:cool::p:D:p

END OF POST

(you may flame me now, but i wont be here to listen, guess where i'll be.....:rolleyes: )

LOL!!!!!!!!!! You made a funny. The ONLY game that kicks WC3's butt is STARCRAFT!! End of story.

AOM = make myth units if you want to win. Myth units = overpowered. Anything overpowered = bad game ( not that AOM is one...:rolleyes: )

p.s. AOM is out now right?

• 2 weeks later...

i havent played WC3 yet, but i have played other blizzard games and i do have to say that they put out some fantastic games. they might be more mainstream and not for the people who wish they lived in the game and not in their parents basement and redicule every part that isnt true to the movie..... i think that SWGB is a good game, and thats all. while most of the RTS games ive played from blizzard are above good, maybe not great, or excelent, but better than good.

what i think seperates Blizzards games, starcraft for example, from SWGB is the diversity. i am very big on this. why have 6 civs when they are pretty much the same? when you can have three or four that are different, and requires different tatics to attack and win. not just saying, "well empires jets have 4 hits leess than mine...and thats about it. so i'll send in a lot of jets" take the zerg for example, they had lots of those little b!tch zerglings. a few sucked, but a lot and you were in trouble, and they could hide under ground. that made ambushes and quick in and outs excellent. while the terrans had the Ghost, and the nuke, and the protos had the carrier and sheilds.

what does SWGB have? extra points here and there, or a UU with sheilds vs. one with out. thats about it. ive said it before and i will again. what SWGB 2, if there is, is those "HOLY SH!T" units. like the nuke, or the seal that blew up a building on its own. and DIVERSITY! that is what broke the game for me. i like playing it, but it is too repeditive. there really is no difference from once you beat one civ to going to the next, they just look different.

for the people who say you must micromanage you econ, how? Build workers, send them to gather or build, create units, then attack with the same tactic as you did with the last civ. the only difference in managing starcraft from Star Wars is that SWGB has 4 things to collect while starcraft has 2.

now im not bashing SWGB, its just i will stop playing it to go launch a nuke at a hundred zerg and kill the rest with a few siege tanks. then go back to building the same units in star wars.

another thing i would like to see is movies. there really is nothing to look foward to after you beat a civ but to go on to the next one.

so yeah, thats my opinion.

I got the demo for SWGB a while ago and I really liked it and asked for it for Christmas. But last week I got the Warcraft III demo and now I'm stuck on what to get. I don't like the whole micromanaging thing. Anybody ever play Stronghold? It's really cool, you just have to worry about buildings and your army because the peasants come to you and do their own thing. I played Warcraft II a while back and I hated worrying about every single person on the level, and the Warcraft III demo is the same thing. I also love the Warcraft III graphics and how it is compared to other games like this. I'm a huge Star Wars nut though, so I'm still not sure what to get. So far with the demo, I like the whole hero thing. Diablo II was great with having a character, but it was kinda lonely because it was you vs everyone else. Whereas Warcraft III seems to combine Diablo II with Warcraft II. So I am so stuck as to what game to get. I can't wait for KoToR to come out. Now if only there was a Star Wars game using the Warcraft III engine. :D Maybe I should go back to Stronghold? :confused: I'm coming from mostly playing games like Jedi Knight II, Heretic II, Hexen II, Quake, Unreal Tournament online. Games like SWGB, Warcraft III, and Diablo II, I've only play single player and I'm new to these types of games. So I don't even know what I'm really looking for based on the demos of SWGB and Warcraft III :(.

The demo for SWGB was really bad. It is not much like the real game. If you are going for sp only, its a toss up. WC3 has better campaigns, but SWGB has a better AI and random maps, which add to the replayability and fun level of the game. But if you are planning on going multiplayer, SWGB is a lot better. The only problem is that Bnet has way more people and is a lot more coordinated than the zone.

lot more coordinated than the zone

What an understatement! GB MP has been completely ruined by scenario games taking over the RM room, morons who lock rooms, the experts all leaving, and the hackers spamming the GB room chat frequently.

For MP, I would recommend AoM, as GB MP is pretty much dead. :(

They're both $50 :cry8::doh: I wish I could get both SWGB Saga and Warcraft III :rolleye1::nut: I love Star Wars, but I also like the graphics and RPG aspect of W3, but I hate the micromanaging. It's hard trying to judge games based on their demos. For example, had I gotten the JK2 demo first, I would've thought that JK2 was an easy game. However, having bought the game first, I know it's not :nutz3:

Well I dont hate it, just find it too tedious. I worry that everyone will die if a bunch of guys are fighting in one spot, while peasants/peons are doing something else. I did hear that it's not as bad as Warcraft II was. Eventhough the graphics are calling my name, I still wanna check out this game, SWGB that is :D

Well I haven't played much of WarCraft III, but I have to agree with Dark Merkaba's comments on StarCraft. StarCraft is still my all-time favourite game. If I wasn't an amazingly huge Star Wars fan I'm not sure I'd even be playing SWGB.

So it depends on what you're into. I love the uniqueness of StarCraft and WC3's races, the way they are so different that your tactics need to change for each one. But at the same time, this isn't necessarily the best thing for a Star Wars game. In WC3 all your races mine gold and harvest lumber in different ways. But in Star Wars, every civ would mine in the same way, so this level of uniqueness wouldn't work.

And I loved the cutscenes in StarCraft, so much so that when I'd finished all the levels I'd go back and watch my favourite ones over and over again. I knew Arcturus Mengsk's Coronation Speech off by heart. But would it work for StarWars? The way Blizzard does things, no - it would be too cartoony. But if they did live-action cutscenes it would be great, kind of like the cut-scenes in Rebel Assault 2 (which was the worst game I've ever played, but still had cool cutscenes).

So whatever does it for you.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

And I loved the cutscenes in StarCraft, so much so that when I'd finished all the levels I'd go back and watch my favourite ones over and over again. I knew Arcturus Mengsk's Coronation Speech off by heart. But would it work for StarWars? The way Blizzard does things, no - it would be too cartoony. But if they did live-action cutscenes it would be great, kind of like the cut-scenes in Rebel Assault 2 (which was the worst game I've ever played, but still had cool cutscenes).

Agreed that it wouldn't fit SW.

Your Favorite cutscene is Arcturus Mengsk's coronation? Mine is the one where a group of marines is being sent to destroy a corrupted science vessel and gets attacked by some Zergs. That one is simply awesome!

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

Let me give you a hint. If SWGB was better than WC3, do you think AoM will be too? Hmm.... (dont read spoiler until you've quessed)

AGE OF MYTHOLOGY KICKS WC3'S BUTT!!!!

I know im a little late for this, but I don't think AoM kicks Wc3's butt so easily.

I have played Wc3 since... the day it came out (I was waiting at the doors of the shop at 9AM:D ) and I still play it a lot.

Then, everybody here were saying that AoM was going to be the best cpu game ever and bla bla bla... So I bought it!

The game is really great, I can't say it sucks... but I think it's too close to the original Age of Empires... Archers, horses, swordsmen, archers, more archers, more horses... its always the same thing. God powers and myth units don't bring a lot of new stuff... Myth units are... well more powerfull units with special attacks. And can you decide when to use this special attack? No!

About ESO, it is a copy of B.net. Anonymous matchmaking, rating, ladder system... it comes from wc3's b.net. However, b.net is better. The rating system calculates everything, from wins to losses, from the most used race to the profile's avatar...

IMO, these two games should not be compared. They are not even the same thing: Wc3 an RPS and AoM an RTS.

And for those who don't know wich one to buy? Don't ask those questions on forums... If you talk about AoM at Bliz's forums, they will awnser : "What the heck is that???" OR "Oh Yeah, that stupid little game, it sucks so much!" and I heard someone complaining about AoM at Mr.Fixit Online. Try the demos and get the one you like!!!

Archived