Home

warcraft3 or swgb

bill r

AoM is a great gameand has amazing graphics, but you need a great computer to run it - for 2v2 MP you will need a P4, 512+ RAM, Geforce gfx card. Ignore ES's minimum specs - someone with the minimum P2 450 mHz and 128 MB RAMwill be cursed at when playing MP and lagging everyone (even in a 1v1!) and will be able to play SP with about 4, maybe 5 AI players.

OTOH, I find Warcrap III to be very dark and gloomy. The units look like something out of a poorly drawn DBZ episode and the buildings are worse than the original AoE.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does the P in RPS stand for? Real Person Strategy?

Your complaining about AoM having the same basic sets of units (horses, foot soldiers, archers) isnt that considering it is historically based, and there werent very many other sets to choose from. It is pretty hypocritical seeing that not only does Warcraft 3 have the same sets of units as its predecessors, some of the units didnt even get a name change!

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

...It is pretty hypocritical seeing that not only does Warcraft 3 have the same sets of units as its predecessors, some of the units didnt even get a name change!

1) Role Playing Strategy, because of the Heroes that level up and become stronger, learn new spells and have an inventory list.

2) When unit names are as basic and straight-to-the-point as "Grunt" and "Footman", why on Earth should they need a name change?

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

Your complaining about AoM having the same basic sets of units (horses, foot soldiers, archers) isnt that considering it is historically based, and there werent very many other sets to choose from. It is pretty hypocritical seeing that not only does Warcraft 3 have the same sets of units as its predecessors, some of the units didnt even get a name change!

They could use the modern ages or the renaissance.

It is pretty hypocritical seeing that not only does Warcraft 3 have the same sets of units as its predecessors, some of the units didnt even get a name change!

Yes, but Wc3 adds 2 NEW, DIFFERENT races

Originally posted by Darth54

And for those who don't know wich one to buy? Don't ask those questions on forums... If you talk about AoM at Bliz's forums, they will awnser : "What the heck is that???" OR "Oh Yeah, that stupid little game, it sucks so much!" and I heard someone complaining about AoM at Mr.Fixit Online. Try the demos and get the one you like!!!

That's a good point. It'd be nice if demos would show more of the game. I think the decision would be much easier if the games had similar engines. Like the other thread, it'd be cool if SWGB had more of a 3D engine where you can look down into the game and also have heroes.

A message board dedicated to 1 game is hard to compare 2 different games. That's the mistake I'm making

:nutz3:

Originally posted by Demolisher

That's a good point. It'd be nice if demos would show more of the game. I think the decision would be much easier if the games had similar engines. Like the other thread, it'd be cool if SWGB had more of a 3D engine where you can look down into the game and also have heroes.

A message board dedicated to 1 game is hard to compare 2 different games. That's the mistake I'm making

:nutz3:

AH! At last! someone agrees with me!

I may be gravely mistaken, but WarCraft III is an RTS. I've never heard of the genre RPS, and I suppose it's something made up by a game rating site or some such to cover the vague role-playing elements of WC3.

Well, let me put it this way. You build buildings. You build men. You make the men fight each other. It's not first-person. It's in real time. And so on, and so forth.... it's an RTS! A bit of role-playing on the side (which I nonetheless liked in WC3) does not turn it into a completely different genre.

Thus, GB and WC3 have every right to be compared.

About the whole AoM thing:

OK, Darth54 and others, you really don't go in for the whole medieval/mythical unit sets thing. Well, it's your loss, but that shouldn't completely destroy the game as a whole.

Oh, just one thing-

Sith, you know stuff about AoM... Is it worthwhile to get the AoM collectors set instead of the normal AoM?

Archived