Home

Dark Forces III? Jedi Knight II? Eh?

NeoDevilbane

Why is Jedi Outcast called Jedi Knight II? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. It's Dark Forces III, isn't it? The full title is then "Dark Forces III : Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast." Seems... silly.

Is the next game going to be called Jedi Outcast II? What, is LucasArts afraid sales will go down if they go over the number 2? Ridiculous...

Imagine if every franchise adopted this suspicious numbering scheme. Alien, Aliens, Aliens 2 : Alien 3, Alien 3 Part II : Alien Resurrection...

And if Jedi Outcast IS Jedi Knight II, when does Dark Forces III come out? I'm still waiting for it.

- Neo

Something about LucasArts or Activision wanting to move away from the DF title and focus on the "Jedi Knight" aspect of the new game, for marketing purposes.

Personally I would be more comfortable with the First part of a trilogy, or the Sequel in a trilogy, either is better than the very End of a trilogy.

I don't mind. Jedi Outcast is a cool subtitle. A little bit of a spoiler, but it refers to the game's Protagonist AND Antagonist.

Originally posted by Psionic Jedi

Something about LucasArts or Activision wanting to move away from the DF title and focus on the "Jedi Knight" aspect of the new game, for marketing purposes.

Personally I would be more comfortable with the First part of a trilogy, or the Sequel in a trilogy, either is better than the very End of a trilogy.

I don't mind. Jedi Outcast is a cool subtitle. A little bit of a spoiler, but it refers to the game's Protagonist AND Antagonist.

stop using those hard words!:D

it is confusingbut JO doesn't really have something to do with dark forces, but it does have something to do with jedi knight.:o

Originally posted by kstar__2

stop using those hard words!:D

it is confusingbut JO doesn't really have something to do with dark forces, but it does have something to do with jedi knight.:o

Actually, I see Jedi Outcast being *BOTH* JKII and DFIII. Look at the first few levels - if that doesn't feel like Dark Forces ...

However, naming a game Star Wars Dark Force III Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast is a mouthful to say the least. Besides, they wanted to emphasize the Jedi Knight aspect of the story. Dark Forces is the pre-history of Kyle Katarn. In JK he discovers his force powers and grows into being a Jedi of sorts. In JKII: JO he has to rediscover his life as a Jedi.

Also, think of the sequel / expansion possibilities. If we give it a name - like Tavion's Revenge, then we could have Jedi Knight II Exp Pack: Tavion's Revenge, or ... Star Wars Dark Force III Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast: Tavion's Revenge Expansion Pack.

Mike

Originally posted by NeoDevilbane

Why is Jedi Outcast called Jedi Knight II? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. It's Dark Forces III, isn't it? The full title is then "Dark Forces III : Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast." Seems... silly.

Is the next game going to be called Jedi Outcast II? What, is LucasArts afraid sales will go down if they go over the number 2? Ridiculous...

Imagine if every franchise adopted this suspicious numbering scheme. Alien, Aliens, Aliens 2 : Alien 3, Alien 3 Part II : Alien Resurrection...

And if Jedi Outcast IS Jedi Knight II, when does Dark Forces III come out? I'm still waiting for it.

- Neo

it is the following game from. star wars jedi knight dark forces 2.

Archived