Home

New way to deal with KICKERS

griff38

Or you can turn on Absorb, which will help counter push, pull, lightning, grip, etc.

I like the FES Public #1 Jedi Adept server. There, you only get about 40 or so points for Force powers... so if you max out Saber Attack and Defend, you only get about 4 additional points to use. This really lets you develop counter strategies... I usually put the extra points in Saber throw... this is an effective counter against several other force powers, since it lets you get a little distance.

Throw works very well against Grippers since you can usually get a few tosses in while they've got you gripped if you Mana is up.

Ciao

SKinWalker

Absorb won't save you.

Trust me, I am a total pull+kick whore.

All I have to do is get a little closer due to the way Absorb prevents the slide.

The best defense against a pull+kicker is ducking and strafing.

Now, I don't mean crouch down like and idiot and wait for them to try and kick you, kicks will hit a ducking opponent.

But pull+kicks cause you to leap up at an angle and if you feel they are about to try one give your "back" key a little tap to put some distance and be prepared to duck or sidestep.

The duck or sidestep part all depends on the range when they leap.

A person who is new at using them will almost always do it from too far out, in this case all you have to do is step back and they land right in front of you.

The light stance lunge will not prevent a person from kicking you; I nail lunge users all the time. However as a counter it works wonders against those who miss with their kicks. Simply sidestep, spin and lunge into their exposed backside as they descend.

*picks up rocket ammo*

*hits #9 on his keyboard*

BONZIIIIIII!!

After getting kick to death 5 times in a row (nothing else, just pull and kick) I have decided only NF duel servers for me... IMO, kick should be turned off on duel servers, and should only be used as a tactical manuver, seeing it negates shields, it's all kinda crap that it does 20 damage... Why spend the tedious time sabering and risking yourself in a duel when you can just pull and kick... FFA, it's a bit harder to pull and kick (see beginning of my post:D)

The best defense against a pull+kicker is ducking and strafing.

Some good points there.... I don't get too into the pull/kick thing.. I have run into a few who were exceptionally good at it, but once I figured that out, I did like you said: keep some distance.

It's been my experience that once someone gets to the *whore* level (where they can execute a particular move with great proficiency), it's best to find a way to take advantage of that. I used to lure the backstabbers (1.03) then saber throw, kick, or backstab of my own in return.

I will definately try the spin/lunge technique out, though.

Thanks for the advice.

SkinWalker

I too am a pull/kick whore. Evasion won't work against me. I will angle my kicks so that if there is a ledge, you will go down it.

Best defense against a proficient pull/kicker is to learn how an individual times his kicks. A lot of fading and juking will throw your opponent off, giving you the opportunity to pull kick. If you wish to play saber only in 1.04, then pull/kick is the first thing you should learn to do well.

Originally posted by Break_dF

Unnamed, nice info there 8). It's not all accurate but for the most part you're right. The only counter for pull/kick is evasion. No one pks perfectly. Not even me!

WTF U doing here?

Ladies and gentlemen behold, you have just met the greatest Full Force duel player on the face of this planet...

0892 aka Superman.

Originally posted by rachmike

How do u do the puul kick thing i realy want to know.

thx

RaChMiKe

You pull then kick...

Just bind a key to Pull (select the power too).

The face your opponent hit that key and press forward and double tap jump.

I would recommend mouse2 for the jump cuz space bar taps are kinda slow compared to mouse2 clicks, at least for me.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

You pull then kick...

Just bind a key to Pull (select the power too).

The face your opponent hit that key and press forward and double tap jump.

I would recommend mouse2 for the jump cuz space bar taps are kinda slow compared to mouse2 clicks, at least for me.

thx i'll try it and yes i'll change my jump to mouse 2 and my alt attck to shift i suppose.

I spoke too soon about that server with kick deactivated, they dont always turn it off. But no matter, since my original post I have discovered a few good tricks to beat the kick whores. Now its alot more fun to see them hesitate when they can't seem to pull it off. You hesitate for a second and your dead.

Oh you want to know how I beat them? I found everything I needed by reading this forum. :)

Archived