Home

For those that like CTF....

Darth Kaan

For whatever reason/s you may like playing against bots, the new WLS CTF mappack is awesome. The Bot routes are so well done that they actually steal flags and get them back to base to score. Get it here WLS CTF Pack Keep in mind that this is no where like playing CTF online.. but it is fun when servers are down, full and/or you need a CTF fix.

What a shame WLS has left JKII for UT2K3. :(

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

I'm disappointed with the pack, levels look awesome but from my initial run-through I noticed far too many gamplay flaws. Bespin Streets and that Imperial map were the best of the pack.

Enlighten me how an initial run-through can show you gameplay flaws

3 months of playing nothing but JK2 CTF, knowing all the problems in the Raven maps, having made my own and knowing the problem with those. Being the author of the only CTF map to date which is commonly played competitively.

I really like your KaminoX duel map. :)

Correct me if I am wrong but the CTF map you refer to is your Bespin Towers map? The reason I ask is because I am not "active" in the clan based CTF competitive community and it is the only CTF map I can find made by you.

Also, did you ever make and/or release the botroute file your readme for Bespin towers speaks of? I am asking, because if you have, I would like to try it.

Originally posted by Aoshi

lolz detritic is the most respected map maker in the competitive ctf jk2 community... or what's left of it anyways. i'll be listening in to his opinion as will members of every other major CTF competitive clan out there.

I can certainly understand your reasoning for your statement based on the fact you play CTF competitivly online. However, you are WAY off topic. DeTRiTiC-iQ's CTF map doesn't even support bots. The topic was about CTF maps that bots play well on.

This was posted for people who have problems getting online to play CTF, don't like playing online due to the a$$holes, who dont play competitively or just prefer playing against bots.

CTF is my favorite gametype so I am sorry to here the CTF competitive community is dwindling. I am not a Clan based competitive CTF player. I can hardly ever find an decent open to the public non clan run CTF server. Therefore I was happy to find some great CTF maps that bots play well on. Believe it or not, there are lots of people who enjoy this game outside of clan based competitive play.

Bespin Towers was my first ever map using the engine, I wasn't even planning to release it, until I was threatened with torture. Nobody has been able to get botroutes working for it, even Takimoto (author of Artus Geothermal), simply due to the unusual layout. However my newer map will have bot support, even though I think bots are worse than even the worst beginners.

Bespin Towers was my first ever map using the engine, I wasn't even planning to release it, until I was threatened with torture. Nobody has been able to get botroutes working for it, even Takimoto (author of Artus Geothermal), simply due to the unusual layout. However my newer map will have bot support, even though I think bots are worse than even the worst beginners.

Thanks for your reply!

Bespin Towers is an awesome CTF map. It's unique and the fast and furious action it allows is wonderful. I love the design! I cant wait for you to release your new map!

I can understand your feeling about bots, but some people that love this game, due to their internet connection or a variety of other reasons, are limited to playing against bots or single player.

I have two close friends that fall into that catagorie.

I am currently getting a Linux box with a T1 connection set up for A dedicated JKII CTF server. Your CTF map will definately be on it. I just hope that CTF makes a comeback outside of clan competition play.

Oh and btw, thanks for making such great maps that allow us all to have so much fun!

:D

Originally posted by Spider AL

Ugh. I'm sorry, but my brain just shut off at this point Aoshi. If you said anything after it, I'm afraid I missed out. :rolleyes:

it seems to me that your brain has had a rather permanent shutdown. dont ever post again because anything you say is utter idiocy. you'd get along well with this guy named rusted. he's about at your intelligence level.

dont ever post again because anything you say is utter idiocy.

Yes Sir Aoshi Sir!

Whoops, I think I just posted this by mistake! OH NOS I DISOBAYED AOSHI OMG IM SORRAY!!!11

Heh heh heh, you make me happy son. Keep it up. :)

This from a person that complains everytime I flame Pathetic....

Oho! I think that qualifies as a flame. You're a real troll Fatal, you know that? It's a shame. Every time a troll writes a flame, Tinkerbell gets a whack on the head with a plank. :D

Originally posted by Spider AL

Oho! I think that qualifies as a flame. You're a real troll Fatal, you know that? It's a shame. Every time a troll writes a flame, Tinkerbell gets a whack on the head with a plank. :D

hehehe I catch you flaming and you call me a troll! hehehe

I like the tinkerbell comment.

Originally posted by Sheep AL

Me flame? Point out where I flamed someone before they flamed me, mate. ;)

Easy..

l

Originally posted by Aoshi

olz detritic is the most respected map maker in the competitive ctf jk2 community... or what's left of it anyways. i'll be listening in to his opinion as will members of every other major CTF competitive clan out there.

That is not a flame, he is stating why the detritic would know what he is talking about when it comes to CTF mapping.

Originally posted by Sheep AL

Good! I didn't know trolls were fond of faeries though. I thought there was this whole species hatred thing going on between them.

That was bad, you should have quit while you were ahead.

I note you failed to point out an instance where I flamed someone before they flamed me... Keep trying though. :D

lolz

/me switches off

Ugh... where am I?

That was bad, you should have quit while you were ahead.

I think you're a troll. You're trolling right now.

Archived