Home

Cloacking - A possible Solution

jimclare1

Cloaking - A possible Solution

Ok the Other day i was trying a new model in SP, however the skin was blank and i got an invisible player, At first i believed the model was corrupt. However when shot at the a blaster, the weapon fire hit the player shield making him momentarily visible,

Surely it must be posssible to make a command that would replace the players skin for a fixed lenth of time, (eg replave skin with a blank one)

it could be bound to a key with the notarget command so that the player could clock (eg. g_thecloackcommand notarget time 3000) or something like that .

if developed it could even be used to morph the player into other characters.

Well please give feed back

good or bad

Thanks

well, of course its POSSIBLE...........but it wont work to the affect you want. it will make the player invisible, but enemies will still know you are there, because its just another skin, and they are able to see where you are (in dont kno what they see) at all times, so you cant just walk up without them noticing. its impossible so far, but with the source codes that raven may release someday, im sure someone will figure it out. but until then.....

its impossible so far, but with the source codes that raven may release someday, im sure someone will figure it out. but until then.....

wrong again.....

and if you read the post of Kyle098 (okay it 's in caps it doesn't help but...) you ll see that someone already done it....

and btw the source code is out the MP part of it....

• 2 weeks later...

offcourse it is possible, quake3 has it, and jk2 is based on the quake3 code. the only problem would be is if someone replace the invisibility shader with a more visible shader, but that will only occur when playing on a non-pure server.

not even hard to implement actually :)

it's something like adding 10 lines of code...

If Possible, you should make it like a force power, where like force speed, it would drain force energy the longer you use it. and on the same principle of being possible or not, if someone is hurt more than enough, could icarus be used to make a script that will kind of cause the cloaking power begin to fail, since the person will be in a weakened state.

well what i did(i wont be releasing my mod b\c i sorta stoped coding this game b\c it became not as fun anymore :( ) is that when the person has it on the only thing that is taken away is his health it keeps decreasing intill 10 where cloaking is automatically turned off.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, that command helped, however it makes the player totally invisible, i was hoping to have him at least partially visible

also, in the autoexec, what command do i need to make the cloak disable after ten seconds

i tried to use the "wait 10000" to andthe the uncloak command but i doesnt work

Also, anyone any ideas how to load a shader

i believe it ould be something like "devmapall; cloak; load shadername"

Archived