Home

Kit Fisto 1.0 Released!

Toonces

Thanks frendon, Mars eyes perhaps look a little more like the pics from the movies, but the eyes as far as I know have no pupils, the glow on his eyes in the movie I beleive came from some other light source. What we were going for was a totally reflective surface, basically Black reflective glass which seems to be a rather difficult thing to successfully pull off

I'm taking note of all the problems the model has, most if not all will be fixed on the next MAJOR release down the road. What's truely sad is that I have his tenticles whipping around in max via some custom bones I made, the good news is that if this is ever implemented in MP, I will have a version of Kit ready to go with proper animations. With any luck you'll also see a fully animated version of Kit in the upcoming TC :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The model is pretty cool toonces, however I still think you should widen the head and have the tenticles go over his shoulders. Btw, you shouldnt have made those sounds, knowing george lucas and his love for all things annoying he might stumble accross them and put them in episode 3 ;)

Well, the mapping somehow got screwed up on that last LOD

It's sorta ironic since 99% of the models in the community don't have LOD's so having your geometry set to low is almost counter productive. The last LOD is usually seen from such a distance even skewed mapping is undetectible. I didn't see this in max, or modview, but it showed up that way in game, hmm

Originally posted by Deetox187

MysticSpade i think i figured out your problem, in the video options do you have geometric detail set to high? i tried mine with low and medium geometry and the Mars skin had no eyes just like you describe.

that helped out it's fine now. i appreciate your helpfulness about my predicament.

I have to say something about the sounds.

1) How much work did you (Or whoever did them) spend on them? They REALLY sound well done, the way the almost insectoid clicks and beeps blend with the odd voice was a flash of inspiration.

2) Considering Fisto said nothing in the movie they are an inspired choice. I can just imagine Fisto talking that way now :-)

3) For anyone who thinks comedy sounds have no place in Star Wars - Remember Jar Jar???

4) Please do not take point 3 to imply I am a fan of Jar Jar.

Toonces.. just awesome work.

Palpatine/Sidious is great too by the way.

Did you record the sounds by yourself? :D they are really the funniest sounds since those of C-3PO/4LOM.

And the model is great too.

I will observe you future work. :jawa

now everybody seems to love the sounds? at first noone liked them, weird... well now that i have played a little more with him i'm getting used to the sounds the only thing is that i can't picture a JEDI KNIGHT acting that way, i mean the things he syas in the Taunts, mocking people..

:( i cant find the sith fisto, i can see ALL of the other skins exept that one, i checked in Different versions (Red blue) and i cant find it! Could anyone help?

Edit : The sounds rock! Well, exept put the CT_Fisto's sounds on the other ones too, that laugh looks VERY dumb on the other kits :(

Archived