Home

Dark Tides

Havoc Stryphe

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a rather bad week myself...I think I've out and out failed a college class for the first time...don't get me wrong, I've had D's before, but never failed one...I'll have to make it up and spend even longer in college....wait, what's that? Light at the end of the tunnel? Wait....why is it growing fainter??.....such is my life :(

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm....I hate to say it but i believe that the story is dying...Havoc doesn't have enough time to even post much less work on the story...Tie & YD, if you guys think you can do even a little bit of the story, please do it..I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this story must be continued!

As promised, here is the next chapter. And i must say that it turned out completely differently than i imagined. But that's not neccessarily a bad thing.

Chapter Thirty-One: Reckless Abandon

Tie Guy awoke from his meditation in a heavy sweat. He had no idea how long he’d been there, but he did know that he’d done it. He had successfully crafted his lightsaber, a weapon the Sith would soon learn to dread. Kvan had brought along more than enough of the supplies and tools needed to build the weapon itself, but the real difficulty in the construction was the final sealing and connecting of parts. Every wire and circuit had to be perfectly melded and carved into the most efficient weapon in the galaxy, a task only the Force could accomplish. He had spent what seemed like eternity focusing solely on the blade, making sure it was flawless in every way. It had only to be tested.

He looked down and examined his work. The shining metallic shaft stretched twenty-five centimeters. The top of the cylinder was covered by a second, very thin dull gray tube that he had cut diagonally. He also had split the cover lengthwise, leaving a small gap, where the inner shell shined through, on either side of the grip. The bottom half of the tube was bored on the same angle as the outer tube, making a spiral groove. In the furrow he put a strip of rubber that gave the lightsaber extra grip and superior comfort. On the bottom he placed a solid piece of pipe that was the same width as the rest of the lightsaber. This he had cut off as well on the same angle he had cut everything else. The piece acted as a counterbalance that gave the blade a better feel in his hands.

He reached hesitantly to the ignition switch that adorned the side of the cylinder. He had followed Kvan’s instructions exactly, but he still could not be sure that it would work. But he had to test it, he had to have the perfect weapon to destroy the Sith, he could afford no less.

His resolve strengthened, and he firmly pressed the red ignition button. He heard the unique but familiar burst of energy as a meter-long blade shot out from the end of the lightsaber. A deep blue glow filled the room and the quiet hum to the blade echoed across the walls.

He swung the saber a bit in the air; to test it’s weight. It felt incredible, like an extension of his arm. He dropped the saber to ground as watched the blue blade die, just as he had hoped. He called it back up to him and pressed the switch again, reactivating the blade. Everything had worked perfectly; at last he was ready. It would soon begin.

Tie’s thoughts were interrupted as the door was rapped upon then opened. Kvan, wearing his brown Jedi robes, entered the room and looked towards Tie, noticing the weapon in his hand.

“I see you have completed your task, and that it is working perfectly. Let me see it.” Tie handed him the now deactivated blade and Kvan swung it in the air a bit. “It has a nice feel, and I like this grip. Very good. Good timing as well, I was just coming to tell you we are arriving at Coruscant.”

“It’s been that long!?” Tie exclaimed. It had taken him longer to complete the weapon than he expected.

“Yes, but a good weapon is worth any amount of time.” He drew his own blade into his hand and examined it. “Take care of it and it won’t fail you when you need it most. Now come on. I just got clearance and he should be making our reentry soon.”

The two brothers walked out of the small room and into the cockpit. Kvan took the pilot’s chair while Tie sat down beside him in the copilot’s seat. Kvan checked his sensors and zeroed the Jedi Temple in the craft’s viewport. A burning glow surrounded the ship as they broke through Coruscant’s atmosphere and into the busy fray of the city.

“Jedi Transport 1138,” The traffic officer on the other end of the com crackled, “you have clearance to land in docking bay six, follow your present course.”

Kvan acknowledged and within minutes the small transport touched down on the polished durasteel floor of the Temple’s landing bay. Kvan and Tie both stood and walked to the exit of the ship. The mechanical whine of the landing ramp echoed through the massive bay as the ramp lowered the two Jedi exited the craft. Several technicians crowded around the ship; eager to inspect it and fix any problems they saw.

Kvan said a word to a tall and lanky Rodian who appeared to be the team’s lead mechanic and then turned back to Tie. “I must go speak to the council immediately, so you’ll have a lot of free time for now.” He laughed, “And might I suggest you use some of it in the ‘fresher, you smell worse than a bantha in a heat wave on Tatooine.”

Tie, having been to Tatooine many times, didn’t think that was possible, but he couldn’t argue that he needed to clean himself up. He just shrugged and started walking out of the bay towards his quarters. Kvan exchanged a few more words with the lead mechanic, and then he too turned and left the bay, leaving the mechanics to their work.

Kvan, Jedi Master, stood in the highest room in the highest tower of the Jedi Temple. Here the Jedi Council met to discuss the fate of the galaxy. He had stood before the Council countless times, but he never failed to stand in awe at the loftiness of the room and the men it held within. He bowed slightly to the Jedi Masters and began to speak.

“I have returned from my mission to Ossus, Master.” He addressed the entire council but faced only Rhett and Aristotle, the senior members of the Jedi.

Aristotle spoke next, reclining in a chair crafted specially for him, “Good, how did it proceed?”

“We searched the ruined facility but found nothing of import. However, during out search we encountered,” Kvan hesitated on his choice of words, “a Sith Knight. He appeared to be waiting for us.”

“You mean it was a trap?” ChrisC3po, another Jedi Master on the Council, asked.

Kvan hesitated again. Should he reveal Rommel’s true intentions? He chose to avoid it for now. “Yes, Master. It appeared that he was waiting my apprentice Tie Guy and I in particular. He said that Darth Homer was searching for us.”

The Jedi seemed to contemplate the chain of events, then Aristotle continued his questioning. “So you fought with this Sith, I presume”

“Yes, Master. We fought and defeated him. Actually, it was Tie Guy who struck him down, and with a blaster no less.” If the Jedi Master’s showed any shock at the method by which the Sith fell then they didn’t show it on their faces.

“Very good,” Aristotle continued, “so after you defeated the Sith, did you complete your mission?”

“Yes, Master. After we fought him we…found his ship, complete with a multitude of Sith files, including information about defensive emplacements, military resources, and space routes. Before we left I transferred files onto our own transport. I had the techs download the information into the main computers when we arrived.”

“Good. Very good. Now we can continue with our plans. Well done, Master Kvan, you are dismissed.”

“Might I enquire as to the upcoming plans, Master? Are we going to invade Korriban?”

“No,” the old Jedi Master answered resolutely, “it is too risky now. We must be cautious and wait for an opportunity to strike. If we rush this then we could loose everything.”

Wiser men the universe did not possess, Kvan was sure of that, but he simply could not accept their decision. “But Master, if we don’t attack now we may loose everything anyway!”

“A Jedi uses his power only for defense and knowledge, never for attack,” retorted Aristotle

“But Master, offense is the best and possibly only defense in this case. The Sith already have strongholds in the Inner Rim; it won’t be long before they attack the core worlds. If we wait any longer the Sith might push all way here to Coruscant, where our problems would be multiplied. We’d have to worry about protecting civilians and students and we’d surely suffer immense damage to the Temple. If we strike now then we can stop the Sith invasion in it’s tracks! We can defeat Viper and end this war; I know we can!”

“You must consider all sides of the issue, Master Kvan. Be patient and focus, only when you slow down and meditate will the correct path be opened.”

“We don’t have that kind of time, Master! The Sith grow stronger every day, with every victory. I’ve been out there and seen them; I know their power. We must strike at their heart if we have any hope of defeating them. If we act quickly we can take them by surprise and gain the advantage. If we wait we have to fight them on their terms and bear the full brunt of their dark powers.”

“The dark side of the Force will never triumph. The Council has made its decision, you are free to leave.” Kvan knew better than to argue any longer, the old Jedi had more than of hint of a command in his last statement.

Kvan was going to speak with the Council about Tie too, but he knew he had ruined that chance now. He decided he would privately appeal to Rhett later. For now he had to calm down and be patient, there was nothing he could do about the Council’s decision now. He also needed to stay with Tie. He may be ready to become a fully-fledged Jedi, but he wasn’t quite ready to go out on his own just yet.

Kvan had checked Tie’s quarters first, but had found his apprentice to be gone. It wasn’t really much of a surprise, Kvan knew exactly where Tie would be even without the use of his Jedi powers. He walked up to the massive doors that connected the hallway and the lightsaber training facilities. Tie spent almost all his time in the chambers before him, but he seemed leave the meditation chambers completely unused.

Kvan sighed; he could understand Tie’s anger and desire for revenge, he just hoped he could get through to Tie before something disastrous happened. He pushed the thoughts out of his mind, he had enough problems to deal with right now, they weren’t going to be facing the Sith anytime soon, this could wait for later.

He punched the open button on the doors and they slid apart, opening him to the massive training rooms beyond. He saw Tie off in the corner practicing with several remotes, blocking swarms of stun bolts all around him. He was getting good, no doubt about it. And for that, he was glad. He’d need to be for the trials Kvan knew must in front of him. He sighed again and started for the corner. They’d just had to deal with those problems as they arose, but he couldn’t shake the feeling that things were rising all to quickly.

Tie Guy swung his newly crafted lightsaber in a tight arc, deflecting a stun bolt a nanosecond before it gave him a tiny it’s tiny jolt. But he didn’t have time to relax; he sensed an attack by the remote directly behind him and the early warnings of another strike to his right. He swept his blade in a loop as he turned his body in an about face. His swing intercepted the first attack at waist level, then continued up to catch the second small stun blast a good meter before impact.

Tie sensed his brother, Kvan, approaching through the Force and called for the remotes to stop. All five of the pyramidal training droids stopped their motion and floated up into the air a meter above their former opponent. Kvan approached slowly as though troubled by some invisible worry. Tie wondered if his meeting with the Jedi Council has gone less than perfect. He was about to ask, but Kvan addressed him first.

“I thought I might find you here. You should really be getting some rest.”

“I can’t. We’re so close; I’ve gotta make sure I’m absolutely perfect.”

“No one’s perfect, Tie.”

Tie smiled, “You obviously haven’t known me long enough.”

“Hmph, we’ll see. You said you were so close. So close to what?”

“Our final battle with the Sith, what else?” Tie left revenge unspoken, knowing all he would get was another lecture from his brother. “We’re attacking Korriban real soon, right?”

“No, we are not.”

“What?” Tie almost choked, “B-but we got all that information, more than what we needed. We are poised to strike, why not take advantage?”

“The Council has decided.” Kvan seemed to stifle a sigh. Just what had happened with the Jedi Council? Kvan continued, “We must have patience, Tie. If we rush the attack then we could loose everything.”

Tie Guy was irritated. “Look, I know more about this than you do and I’m telling you we must attack now! Surely the Sith have heard of Rommel’s death by now and know the information we took, they will be expecting attack. We must strike before they are prepared or anything we can throw at them will be futile. If we don’t go now then we will loose everything anyway!”

“We must respect the their decision. They are not on the Council by chance.” Kvan sounded resolute, but Tie could feel that he was not.

“So what are we going to do? Just sit around here and wait for the Sith knock on our door?! We must attack now! Can’t you go talk to them?” Tie nearly screamed, hovering on the brink of anger.

Kvan seemed to consider this, though Tie suspected it was just for effect. They both knew that nothing could be done, but Tie just could not accept it. “I am going to speak with Rhett about…other matters. I will convey to him your concerns. Now get some rest, you need it more than you may realize.” Kvan did not wait for a reply; he turned and walked out of the room.

Now Tie Guy was furious. This was his chance to get revenge on the Sith, this was what he had been waiting for, this is why he was here in the first place! Now they were going to take it all away from him. He could not allow that to happen. He would have his revenge, with or without the help of the Jedi. Surely he and Havoc and the Dark Eyes could launch a more successful assault on the Sith than those fools on the Council. He began to wonder if his time with the Jedi was coming to an end.

Kvan stood before the door of his former master’s meditation chamber, reluctant to walk through. Rhett had always been his mentor, someone he could go to for help, but this time it just didn’t feel right. These were dark times, and he was a Jedi Master. He knew he couldn’t run to Rhett for help every time the slightest trifle arose, but whom else could he turn to? The council had ignored him; his only friend had deserted him, even his apprentice, his own brother, had rejected him. He’s failed as a Jedi Master, what now was left?

Kvan shook off the thought; he didn’t have time to question himself now. The only important thing was the defeat of the Sith, all else could wait. He may not like it, but this was the only way. He’d sworn to defeat darkness on the grave of his fallen friend, an oath he would not soon forget. He had to do this; he’d gone way to far to give up now.

He straightened himself, opened the door, and walked confidently into the room. The small circular dome was completely featureless. Only a small pedestal broke the plain of the solid white floor, on top of which sat Rhett in complete silence.

Rhett, perhaps sensing Kvan’s presence, seemed to awake from his trance. He turned completely around in his position but did not stand.

“Ah, Kvan. It’s good to see you. Did you need to talk to me?”

Kvan sighed, there was no point in trying to hide his thoughts or emotions in front of his former master. “Yes, about a number of issues.”

“The Council’s decision?” It wasn’t a guess, Kvan knew. It must have been more on his mind that even he knew.

“For one, yes. I also wanted to talk to you about my apprentice.”

“That’s exactly what I was just meditating on. Strange, no? Or is it the Force?”

Kvan knew that there was no such thing as coincidence; everything that transpired was the will of the Force. But what did it mean? “I don’t know. Finding him was the will of the Force; I have no doubt of that. But what else did it have in mind for him?”

“I’m not sure. That’s what I was meditating about.”

“What did you find?”

“Every bone in my body tells me he’s the key to winning this war. But I’ve been watching him and I cannot believe that to be true. Anger fills his heart, revenge clouds his mind. Dark tides are rising in him now. How long will it be before they overcome him?”

So much for Tie becoming a Jedi, Kvan thought, but maybe it wasn’t beyond all hope just yet. “But he began to change after his battle. He can still redeem himself, not all hope is lost.”

“Can he? Don’t let your personal feelings cloud your judgment. He’s dangerous, that much is clear. But if we truly need him to win this war, what can we do?”

Kvan felt frustrated, almost betrayed. He had come for help, but everything was being complicated, not answered. He didn’t need this now. “Then what can we do?! Abandon him?!”

Rhett paused. “Yes. I’m sorry but the Council has decided.”

Kvan almost fell over in shock. “What?! You can’t be serious! Didn’t you just say you thought he was the key to winning the war?”

“I did not say I was abandoning him, I do not yet know where I stand. But the Council has decided, there is nothing I can do. They think he’s not worth the risk. If he fell to the dark side he could be the end of us all.”

“You think he’s going to become a Sith?! You’re deluding yourselves! He hates the Sith!” Kvan flamed.

“Hatred is the dark side, it may already be too late. He leaves immediately. I’ve gotten the impression that he doesn’t even want to be here anyway. He may welcome the news, and you don’t have to tell him the reason.”

Kvan body shook with frustration. He felt like screaming out loud. How could this be happening? He had made up his mind. Everyone had abandoned him, but he would not abandon Tie. “I quit!” It was finished. There was no turning back now.

“What did you say?”

“You heard me. I quit! You may have betrayed Tie Guy, but I will not! If he’s leaving immediately, then so am I.” Kvan turned and stormed out of the room.

“I’m sorry” came Rhett’s reply, but Kvan did not stop to answer it.

Alright, alright.... :p

I was almost finished with the chapter, but then I realized I didn't want to go in that direction and scrapped it. I sorta wrote a couple of characters into a corner, and I'm trying to figure out the best way out with my limited options.

But I'm working on it, give me the weekend to work it out! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Dearly beloved,

We gather here today to bid a fond farewell to a story that could have been really cool. It had all the potential in the world, but it was cut down in it's prime by Havoc's selfish wife who just *haaaad* to go and get pregnant...great job Havoc![/EXTREME SARCASM]

Ok, reality now, I know you're busy and all, H, but you could at least throw us a bone sometime...give us a "It's coming soon guys!" or "I'm almost finished with it" or "I need to run out to the store real quick to find Pickle-flavored chips for my wife before she rips my head off again"...what's going on? I wanna see Darth Homer kick some goody-two-shoes ass! Please? I'll be your best friieeened.......ok, fine...I'll leave you aloooooo-oooone... :)

• 2 months later...

ok, I'm going to be serious in this post. We need to come to a decision about this thread. Let's either let someone else pick up the story and go with it or un-sticky the thread and let it die. I say this because Havoc doesn't have time to really work on the story and once the baby comes, he's gonna have even less time. It's sad and I'll hate to see this go down, but it's high time something happened with it.

Well, might as well just close it, then, if Havoc can't do it.

Any time i spend writing is spent on my book, so i'm not going to be doing this. Quite frankly, i haven't even been coming to the boards period lately.

Farewell, my friend, it was fun.

Mods, you know what to do. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Against belief, I have strung enough time togethor to actually post a new chapter in this story. I wonder if anyone will even notice it? :p

Chapter Thirty-Two: Plans Unfurled

“Well, now what?”, Chase whispered fearing he might give away their position.

“I don’t know, but we can’t stay like this forever.” Replied Redwing as he shifted he weight attempting to get more comfortable. The two had stowed themselves in Chase’s secret storage compartments when the Crimson Blades first showed up in the docking hangar, but now, almost two hours later, the tight space was becoming unbearable, not to mention Chase’s apparent lack of hygiene was taking it’s toll on Redwing’s senses.

“What do you suggest we do, then? It’s not like we have many options!” Chase returned under his breath.

“I wasn’t always a smuggler, you know, I have a few tricks up my sleeve.” And with that, Redwing undid the latch to the secret compartment’s panel and slowly opened the hatch, desperately praying that no Crimson Blades were inside the ship. After a few seconds of silence, Redwing was convinced they were safe for the moment. He turned towards the compartment “Alright, it’s clear. Come on out.”

“If it’s all the same to you, I think I’ll just stay here.” came the smuggler’s reply, “I’m not really cut out for this sort of thing.”

“Cut out for it or not, I’m not going to be able to do this alone” Redwing reached into the dark hole and pulled out a, now trembling, Chase, “Now, let’s go!” Redwing quietly made his way down the corridor towards the ship’s cokpit with Chase, still arguing, in tow.

Elsewhere on the casino, The Young David was filling in the Dark Eyes on his plan, even as they ran down the dark corridor.

That’s your great plan!?”, Rogue Nine couldn’t mask his disbelief, not that he was really was trying to, “To steal the Crimson Blades’ fighters?”

“You said, yourself, you needed fighters and the two freighters you did come in are probably in lockdown and the Blades are surely waiting for you there! What else would you suggest?” retorted the Casino owner, slightly hurt at initial reaction to his plan.

As Rogue Nine desperately tried to think of some other way out of their current predicament Xwing Guy chimed in, “He’s right Rogue, we don’t have much of a choice, and they would never expect it, and that gives us the upper hand.”

As much as he hated to admit it, they were right. “Okay, but where do we go from there? I don’t like making this up as we go.”

“We could rendezvous on Taris, that’s not too far away.” It was Silenthunter, speaking for the first time since their evening had taken the turn for disaster.

“Taris? That’s in the heart of Crimson Blade territory! You can’t be serious?” Came Kylilin’s voice.

“Of course, we would be in Crimson Blade fighters, we would just blend in?” Rogue Nine replied half to himself.

“Exactly!” Silenthunter exclaimed, “They would never suspect a thing!”

“Aren’t we forgetting something, though?”, Jediduo’s voice interrupted the other pilot’s well thought out plan, “What are we going to do with Young David? The Crimson Blades’ fighter are single seater’s and Young David’s…” he stopped and turned to the casino owner, “No offense, but he’s no pilot!”

Rogue Nine stopped and turned towards Young David, and looked straight into his dark eyes. Young David, sensing what Rogue was thinking, spoke first, “Don’t worry about me, I’ll manage.” He slowly lowered his gaze as if the guilt was becoming heavier with every word, “I got you into this, I don’t expect you to risk your lives further on my account. Dash and I will cover your escape and try to meet you on Taris.”

Rogue Nine, realizing what the Young David had just did, placed his hand on the man’s shoulder, “Make sure you do, we could use another good man.”

The two men’s eyes met and Young David knew he was forgiven and at that moment promised himself he would never let the Dark Eyes down again. Suddenly realizing where they were and the situation they were still in, Young David snapped out of the moment, cleared his throat and spoke quickly, “The Blade’s ships should be in the next hangar around the corner, we should hurry if we are going to pull this off!”

The Dark Eyes nodded their agreement and made their way towards the hangar door, not realizing what lay in store for them on the other side.

Meanwhile, across the Casino in another hangar. Chase and Redwing were dealing with problems of there own.

“Great! Just Great!”, Chase lamented, “there’s at least ten of them! How are we going to get out of this?”

Redwing was learning quickly how to tune out the smuggler’s squeaky voice, “Surely, you equipped this bucket of bolts with some weapons, right?” He looked at Chase hoping to hear the answer he wanted.

“Of course, only a nerf herder would be so foolish not to!” came Chase’s indignant reply

“Good, we’ll just take them out before they know what hi-“ Redwing was cut short by Chase

“Of course, they’re might be a problem getting them to function.” The smuggler sheepishly added.

“What do you mean, problem?” Redwing was in no mood for surprises.

Chase was squirming now and looking around to avoid having to make eye contact with a now very agitated Redwing, “Um, well, I might have disabled the weapons system awhile back and-“

It was Redwings turn to cut Chase short, “Well, we’ll just bring them back online!”

“It’s not that simple, I kind of borrowed the meta-infuser line off the weapons system for the life support system after I took some damage in a asteroid belt a while ago.” Chase decided to defuse the situation, “I was going to replace it, but then all this happened!” Chase was going to say more in his defense, but thought better of it at seeing Redwings frustration level rising.

“Well, now were are stuck.” Redwing muttered, “I suppose we might as well return to the compartment and wait it out.”

Chase required no further convincing as he dashed back down the corridor towards the comfort of his hiding place. Redwing was about to follow when he suddenly caught a glimpse of something out the front viewport. The Crimson Blades who, up to this point, had been standing around talking to each other suddenly shifted their attention away from each other and the two ships and gazed towards the Hangar door. Redwing followed the direction of their gaze and was suddenly made aware of what had caught their attention. A beautiful young woman was slowly making her way towards the Blades. Wearing a seductive smile and the legs to match, she easily commanded the attention of every man in that hangar. Interested with this new development, Redwing decided to hold of on returning to the secret compartment and watch and see what becomes of this new situation.

The girl, much to the blades excitement, finally made her way up to the group of space pirates. Redwing couldn’t make out the conversation, but could tell the woman was really working the guys as she flirted shamelessly. A few minutes had passed and the woman was still spinning her web of seduction, and by this point the guards couldn’t care less about the two ships they were supposed to be guarding.

Redwing didn’t know who this woman was, but wasn’t going to complain, “This could be our lucky break.” He thought to himself. He made his way to Chase and grabbed him, against his better judgment, from the secret storage compartment and made his way to the exit ramp. The two smuggler’s slowly drew their Blasters and quietly descended down the ramp. As they made their way, the voices of the woman and guards became audible. Chase hesitated as he realized the woman’s voice sounded somewhat familiar, but he couldn’t exactly place it, and as Redwing violently motioned to him to keep moving, he quickly dismissed the thought and made his way down the exit ramp onto the hangar floor where Redwing was waiting for him. As he turned he could see the guards had their backs to the smugglers and were completely enthralled with the woman, so much so they had no idea that the two men were only a mere fifteen feet behind them with blasters drawn. Just as Redwing and Chase were about to dispatch the guards, Chase caught a glimpse of the woman who was entertaining the guards, and suddenly gasped. The ensuing sound not only startled the guards, but Redwing as well, who by now was wondering if anyone would care if one of his blaster’s shots went astray and hit Chase, but the thought was cut short by the guards turning and reaching for their blasters. Redwing and Chase squeezed off as many shots as they could manage, but both men new there was no way they could take out all the guards before some of them managed to recover from the initial shock and fire their weapons.

To Redwing, the firefight seemed in slow motion, he squeezed the trigger and dispatched one guard, then another, as Chase did the same, but there were too many of them and as he fired and fired the remaining guards’ blasters were rising higher and higher and suddenly the last two guards’ weapons were fully drawn and in the split second they went to pull their triggers, Redwing knew he couldn’t fire fast enough and realized death was at hand. He locked eyes with one of the Blades and, for what seemed an eternity, waited for the fatal blaster fire. There came the sound of two blaster shots, and Redwing winced, but felt nothing. Confused, and extremely rattled, he waited a second before opening his eyes. When he did, we was welcomed by the site of the two last Blades laying on the Hangar floor and the woman, who had earlier been flirting with the guards, now standing over top of them, smoking hold-out blaster in hand.

Not knowing what to do next, Redwing dropped his blaster pistol and raised his hands, “I don’t know who you are, Lady, but I have no quarrel with you.” The woman smiled, and looked to Chase who, besides sweating profusely, was almost at ease, “I don’t know who your friend is, Chase, but he seems smart. Almost too smart to be hanging around with the likes of you.”

“It’s good to see you again, too, STTCT.” Chase replied grinning from pointy ear to pointy ear.

“You’d better say it’s good! It should be really good! I just saved your worthless hide!” The woman laughed and lowered her blaster, “Who’s your friend?”

Redwing was still pretty confused, but quickly regained his composure, “My name’s Redwing. Thanks for saving our lives, miss…?”

“STTCT, and it’s mrs.” The woman replied with a smile, “Just because I can flirt and flaunt my stuff like the best of them doesn’t mean I’m single.”

Chase, interrupted the introduction to help fill in some details for Redwing, “She’s Leon’s wife. She used to be a Dark Eye back in the day, and pretty damn good one too!”

STTCT rolled her eyes as she turned to Chase, “Still the same old smooth talking Chase I see. You haven’t changed at all”

Redwing was still confused, “If you’re here, than where’s Leon then?”

STTCT looked at Chase, “I was hoping Chase, here, could answer that very same question. I just got here, and found the place crawling with Crimson Blades. I came looking for Leon, because Zero told me you guys were heading here on route to Korriban. I was searching the Casino as best I could, with all the Blades around and came this hangar and saw Chase’s ship. I figured that would be as good a place to start as any. But if you guys don’t know where he is, and the Crimson Blades are here…” Here voice trailed off and her head lowered.

“Hey, we’ll find Leon and the others.” Chase broke in, “I’m sure there on the station somewhere, and they can take care of themselves.”

Redwing nodded in agreement, “We better start looking though, these dead Blades might raise suspicion.”

The three quickly grabbed some equipment from the dead guards and started making their way across the hangar towards the casino. As they made their way Chase still had one unanswered question, “Hey STTCT, where were you hiding that hide out blaster?”

“Shut up Chase, not now!” replied STTCT.

And with that the three of them entered the casino, not knowing what had already transpired, hoping they could find Leon, Havoc and the rest of their Dark Eyes, before the Crimson Blades did, and as they entered the darkness of the Casino corridors, the difficulty of what they were doing became ever more evident.

Archived