Home

Dark Tides

Havoc Stryphe

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS

Dark Tides

It is a period of galactic war.

Thousands of Sith warriors, under the leadership of the evil Sith Lord Darth Viper, have openly declared war against the Jedi, the keepers of peace and justice throughout the galaxy. Even now, battles rage in dozens of planet systems. Very few have been fortunate enough to remain untouched by the turmoil.

The Dark Eye, an organization of smugglers and mercenaries, are one of those few. Operating from a space platform in the outer rim, they have continued their tradition of working for everybody and anybody who could afford their price. So far they have remained neutral in the galactic conflict and have had only heard of the fierce battles that raged elsewhere in the galaxy, but their luck was about to run out...

Chapter 1: The Uninvited

All around was deep space, dark and frigid, the only real light that could be seen came from the space platform, Dark Eye 1, headquarters and base of operations for the Dark Eye crime organization. Generally, Dark Eye 1 was not very busy, but on some mornings some of the more restless pilots could be found "practicing" their piloting skills in their small star fighters. It was one of those mornings.

The dark backdrop of space was suddenly interrupted by the scream of two fighters racing by, nearly clipping each other as they did.

"Hey Kylilin, watch it! You almost tagged me back there!", yelled the first pilot over the comm line.

"What's the matter, Silenthunter, getting too intense for you?!", laughed the second pilot in response.

"Ha! I've been in more intense dogfights with a flock of mynocks!", Silenthunter retorted, "You just watch it, I don't want to have to explain to the boss why we have two less fighters than we should!"

"well, if we did, it would be your fault, not mine!", Kylilin replied as he rolled his fighter to the right just over the nose of Silenthunter's fighter. Grinning as he did so.

"Showoff!", muttered Silenthunter, half to himself. "Grump!", came the reply over the comm line.

Before the two pilots could continue their debate further, a third voice came over the comm line, "I thought I'd find you two out there. Arguing as usual I see.", chuckled the voice.

"Hey boss, we were just working the kinks out of the fighters for Havoc. he just reset the vertical stabilizing gyros on 'em.", replied Silenthunter hoping the boss would buy it.

"Sure you were, and doing a real bang-up job too!", you could hear the smile on the Boss's face, "Listen, those couple of rookies just got in last night, and I was hoping you two could show them the ropes today."

"Not a babysitting job!", it was Kylilin, "I had big plans for today!"

"Yeah, like polishing your hydro-spanner!", laughed Silenthunter. "Real funny, Hunter, your ass is..."

"Alright, enough you two", Kylilin was cut short by the boss's voice, "It's not a babysitting job. They look pretty green, and there's nobody I'd rather have teaching them how we do things around here than you two. Got it?", before the pilots could get a word in the boss added, "That's not a question! Now get those fighters back here. I'll have the rookies meet you in the hangar. Their names are NL Ackbar, Jatt 13 and Jediduo." He switched his comm line off before he could hear the pilots' responses, and turned around from the comm board to see Havoc Standing there in the control room.

"Pretty green, huh?", asked Havoc. "The greenest.", the boss replied, "Ever since the Sith War began, business has slowed to a crawl, and our recruits are have been getting younger and younger. I don't know how much longer we can keep doing this.", his voice trailed off as he looked out the view port to the right. His gaze lost in the endless sea of stars.

Havoc's face drew tight with concern for his friend, "You know Tie, you've been working pretty hard lately, maybe you should just take a break. I can hold the fort down while you're gone."

Tie turned his eyes back towards his old friend and for the first time realized they both weren't getting any younger. Havoc was the older, in his mid thirties, but only by a few years. He was pretty dirty, which was the norm for the Dark Eye's primary Technician/Engineer, but despite the years and the grease, his blue eyes still shone brightly beneath the tuff of blonde hair hanging beneath the goggles resting on the top of his brow. And in those eyes, Tie saw concern and worry, which was something the rest of the organization rarely saw through Havoc's gruff demeanor.

Finally Tie spoke, "Well old friend, I've never taken a vacation since we started the Dark Eye, and I'm not going to start now, but", He continued before Havoc could argue, "I think I will go down to my quarters and take a quick nap. I am feeling a little tired today."

"I guess that's a start.", replied Havoc, "Go ahead, and I'll make sure the crew doesn't burn the place down while you're gone!", he added with a smile.

Tie smiled, "Well, if that's the best you can do, than it's good enough for me." He turned to leave the control room.

He had gotten no further than the door when he heard Kylilin's voice across the comm line, "What the hell?" Before Tie could get back the comm board and yell at the pilots for not being back yet, Havoc's voice chimed in, "Screen is showing a small ship exiting Hyperspace about 130 Km from Dark Eye 1, it's not one of ours!" The beeping red light from the control panel telling the same story.

By this time, Tie had reached the comm board, "Hunter, Kylilin what do you see?"

"I don't know sir", it was Silenthunter who spoke first, "but whatever it is, it's pretty beat up! She looks like she's dead in space, sir"

"I'm going in for a closer look.", it was Kylilin. "Just be careful, no stunts Kylilin!", Tie responded. "Roger that", came Kylilin's reply.

As they waited for Kylilin's report, Tie suddenly got a very strange feeling about the craft. It seemed like it was inside him, a voice stirring up, almost as if...

"It looks like it's a starfighter, or at least what's left of one", Kylilin's voice over the comm line interrupted Tie's thoughts. "Is there anyone on board?", Tie asked shaking off the odd feeling.

"Hold on, I'm trying to get closer.", Kylilin replied as he skillfully maneuvered his J-Type Fighter slowly over top the derelict vessel, Silenthunter was now flying patrol around the Space platform's perimeter. "Okay, my sensors are reading a life form on board, but just barely.", Kylilin continued, "But I would hazard a guess and say his life support systems have been damaged and/or are off-line."

"Roger that, I'm sending Havoc out in the Tug to tow it back to Dark Eye 1", Tie Guy stated as he nodded to Havoc who started to get up from his chair.

"Wait! I can see in the cokpit.", it was Kylilin, "Oh man..", his voice trailed off.

"What? What is it?", came a concerned Tie Guy's response. "I think it's Jedi!", replied Kylilin.

"What do you mean, "I think it's a Jedi"?", came the voice of Silenthunter over the comm line, "How can you tell?"

"Look! I see the robes, and well, I just have a gut feeling about it, ok?!", snapped Kylilin

"Oh, well then, if you have a gut feeling then it must be.", came the sarcastic reply from Silenthunter, but before he could continue Tie interrupted him, "I think Kylilin's right. Don't ask he me how, but I just... know it."

Bet before Tie could elaborate, he was interrupted by a voice from the other side of the control room, "Sir, I'm receiving a subspace message for you!"

"Not now, Compa! I've kind of got my hands full!", snapped a frustrated Tie guy. "But sir, I really think you should take this one!", replied a frightened Compa.

"And why is that?!", asked a intrigued Tie Guy. "Because it's from someone calling them self Darth Homer!", came the hurried reply from Compa.

"Great, just what we needed a visit from a Sith with a Jedi fighter parked out front our base!", growled Tie Guy.

"What are you going to do?", asked Havoc even though he already knew the answer. "I'll think of something, but first things first! You need to get out there and tow that fighter so we can save that pilot and discard the evidence before Sithy arrives! Then we’ll go from there!", came his friends reply.

Havoc was already out the door before Tie's last word was spoken. Tie grimaced as he stepped to the Subspace Comm panel, leaned over an anxious Compa and whispered under his breath, "Well, here goes nothing!", as he took a deep breath and pressed the flashing button...

This is a repost, but in a new thread. This forum needs a new story, and since the idea seems to have been dropped, I have decided to continue this storyline. If you'd like to post a chapter call it in advance and go for it!

I'm currently writing Chapter two, Chapter three is up for grabs!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty ...

I'm thinking about introducing a new part to the story. Ofcourse Rhett is gonna write about the Jedi. So I could write about ... the senate? Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

YD is a senator of an important planet where some of the later action will take place. What I need is politicans (and a supreme chancelor, goodhearted or greedy), army commanders, fleet admirals ...

Or if you wanna be part of Havoc's party, ring a bell. Wanna be a sith? Ring a bell ... or Jedi ... you know.

So ... leme know

That's cool! Four different worlds (The Senate, The Jedi, The Sith, and a rogue group of mercenaries caught in the middle) Colliding in a galactic struggle.

One problem, if different people are writing only for specific groups (Jeid, Sith, Senate, Dark Eyes), then there maybe a conflict of interest when the storie's factions interact. We need to plan in advance the ultimate winners of the struggle. Of course if we stay within the confines of already pre-determined Star Wars Lore and history, we know that the Jedi defeat the Sith. So anyone who joins the Sith faction for story purposes, must be content to lose and/or die in the story.

Also, just for the record, I have decided to take the Dark Eye Org. and make them befriend the Jedi. So they will be quasi-good, but on the bright side, they still can kill and mame in the name of "good" because they are scoundrels and rough necks.

(So unlike Jedi who are morally upright and good [LAWFUL GOOD] the Dark Eyes are for the "good" of the galaxy and all living beings. But will due whatever it takes to achieve that "goodness" [CHAOTIC GOOD - NEUTRAL GOOD])

Just so anyone who wants to join the Dark Eyes Squad knows what their character is in for.

JEDI - Morally upright and in every way Good

DARK EYES - Quasi-good, still very rough around the edges

SITH - for all you bad boys out there. Death, Destruction, and mayhem

REPUBLIC SENATE - A lot of room for play, I assume (goodhearted, greedy). YD will have to fill you in there on the specifics.

all in all this story has the potential to be epic and very engaging! :D

Chapter Two: Deception

“This is Tie Guy of the Dark Eye Organization, What is I can do for you, Master Sith?”, The last words spoken with masked contempt, Tie hoped he didn’t sound too condescending. The Sith’s response told all.

“My, what a pleasant greeting, perhaps you’d like to see more Sith here more often?”, hissed the voice over the com line, “This time I will merely attribute your lack of pleasantry to the few number of guests an organization like yourselves’ receives. I doubt it has anything to do with my being a Sith.” His words reeked of sarcasm.

“Look, Darth Homer, we don’t like the Sith and Sith don’t like…well…anybody. We both know this, so let’s just cut to the chase. What’s really bringing a Sith Lord here today.”, Tie tried to remain calm, but through the view port Tie Guy could see Havoc’s tug just starting the docking procedures with the crippled fighter. Time was running out.

“Very well…”, Darth Homer paused briefly as to say something in response, but thought better of it and continued, “I’ll not bore you with the details, but a small space battle was waged a few systems from here only a short while ago. We decimated the pitiful Jedi resistance, but a lone fighter managed to escape into Hyperspace. I have tracked the survivor to this system, which beyond your facility, has no inhabitants. Therefore I can only assume you have encountered the Jedi survivor.”

Though Tie Guy had expected this answer, now it seemed all the more dangerous a situation the Dark Eyes found themselves in. Though the Dark Eyes could feasibly fend off the lone Sith in a space combat scenario, it would be foolhardy to bring the full wrath of the Sith warriors upon them. They would be no match for even just three Fighters with Sith at the controls.

As Tie formulated a reply for the awaiting Sith Lord, Havoc’s voice was heard over the com line, “Docking procedures completed, I’m towing her in now.”

Suddenly Tie had an idea, “We have just made contact with a unidentified star fighter, but the fighter has moved to attack position. We have no choice but to engage in combat!”

“No!”, came the Sith’s hurried reply, “The Jedi is mine, do not engage the fighter! My ETA is currently 15 minutes. I will deal with him personally!”

“No can do! My men’s lives are at stake, we must engage. Now if you’ll excuse me…”, with that Tie Guy switched off the subspace receiver, and jumped on the com link, “Havoc?”

“yeah Tie?” came the response over the com line.

“Tell me you have a few charges left in your tug from that asteroid mining mission!”, the leader begged.

“A few. Why?”, the engineer asked.

“I need you to destroy that fighter.”

“What?!”, was the confused response.

“Look, there’s no time! Just trust me!”, Tie continued, “I need you to get the Jedi on board your tug and you need to place some charges on the fighter. Set them for…”, he glanced at his watch, “13 minutes from now!”

“13 minutes, that’s hardly enou…”, Tie cut Havoc short, “That’s all you got! Just do it!”

“Roger”, was Havoc’s only reply.

Tie Guy then shifted to part B of his plan, “Silenthunter? Kylilin? You guys still out there?”

“Yeah, boss, what do you need?”, came the voice of Silenthunter.

Tie wasted no time, “You guys just start firing your fighters’ blasters like mad! I need a light show that will impress a Sith Lord!”

Kylilin’s was quick to reply, “Why not just let us destroy the fighter instead of Havoc?”

“Because, there can be nothing left of that fighter. Only those explosive charges can assure that.”, Tie quickly explained, “Just start firing those blasters, and for god’s sake, try not to hit Havoc’s tug, Dark Eye 1, or each other.”

“Don’t worry about me, I know what I’m doing”, came Kylilin’s reply, “It’s Silenthunter I’d be worried about!”

“At least I haven’t trashed three fighters!”, retorted Silenthunter

“Hey! That last time wasn’t my…” He was cut short by Tie’s gruff voice, “If you two are going to fight, at least use your blasters so I can get my much needed light show!”

“Roger that”, came the unison reply. Suddenly the darkness of space gave way to light of the J-type Star Fighters’ blaster fire as they jinked and dodged each other making sure to stay near to the crippled Jedi fighter and docked tug.

Havoc, how are things going?”, Tie asked his friend, hoping for some good news, “Need I remind you that this tug was only designed for one? How do you think it’s going?”, Havoc replied.

Tie ignored his friends complaint, “Have you set the charges?”

“No, but I’m working on it as we speak!”, the engineer replied, “By the way, do you know any Jedi?”

“No.”, Tie answered intrigued, “Why do you ask?”

“No reason, except for this unconscious Jedi is moaning and mumbling something about Dark Eyes and he keeps saying your name!”

Suddenly that same weird feeling from before returned as Tie Guy took in what Havoc just said. Tie couldn’t explain it, but something was stirring inside him. Almost like a quiet voice, but it was amidst a sea of noise and he just couldn’t make out what the voice was trying to say. Suddenly, Tie realized he had zoned out as Compa Mighty was shaking his shoulder, “Sir! Sir! Havoc has placed the charges and Rogue Nine is asking if you want Dark Eye 2 brought online and readied for pre-flight! Are you alright Sir?”

Tie shook off the feeling, “Yes, I’m fine. Tell Rogue Nine to make the Dark Eye 2 ready. I have a feeling we’ll be making a long trip very soon.”

“Yes, Sir!”

Havoc, how are things going?”, Tie asked over the com link, “I need to hear some good news!”, he added.

“I’m on my way back now, heavy one Jedi. The charges should be going off in…”, Havoc paused, “three minutes. I should be in the docking bay in two. This Jedi is going to require some medical attention!”

“I’ll have the Medical droid meet you in the docking bay!”, Tie replied.

“Hey Tie?”

“Yeah Havoc?”

“Let’s hope this Sith Lord of yours isn’t too bright!”

“Yeah, keep your fingers crossed. Tie Guy over and out.”, Tie switched off the comlink, and stood gazing out the view port to watch his plan unfold. Either for good or bad, it was too late to stop it now. As he stood there, that uneasy feeling settled again. “Why was that Jedi saying my name? How does he know about us? Why does this feel like some sort of dream?”

Tie’s thoughts were interrupted by Compa’s voice, “Sir, fighter coming out of hyperspace 300 km and closing!”

Tie leaned forward with anticipation, "That would be our Sith friend now, and right on time. Let’s hope this works!”

I'm glad you like it, Tie! :D

You can call the next chapter if you want, but there is one major plot point I don't want touched or fudged. I'll PM you about it, if you want the next chapter. ;)

PS That means if you want to write a chapter you will have to be spoiled when it comes to that plot point! ;)

a rookie? i said i'd be a bad guy in the other thread. oh well. at least i'm in it.:rolleyes: anyway, it's been pretty good so far. keep it up! i don't want to write a chapter. i could probably come up with something good, but i'd need some time to tweak it to perfect it and i don't want to take the time with everything else i have going on.

Wow. I was waiting for this to happen, and I figgered id be Havoc. Bud I didn think id be righ now. I just want to say it right now.

Evil Croney be me!

I love being an evil corney, dieing in the face of good and whatnot. Well maybe that's not the way a true evil croney would put it, but anyway.

Minor evil role, any point of view.

Even the good side. ;)

in the immortal words of one of my friends, I like it!!

anywho, I'd be willing for Artoo to be the Lord to my Darth...seeing as he has been here longer and has the ability to wipe out a whole squad of stormtoopers...(for those who don't understand that last part, you'd have to have seen his old sig banner :) )

Chapter Three: The Mind's Eye

The instant the tug’s landing skids touched the shimmering metallic floor of the landing bay the ship began to tremble. The distant explosion and its backdrop of white, sparkling stars erupted into a million glowing lines as the ship entered the relative safety of hyperspace. The bridge crew aboard Dark Eye 1 breathed a collective sigh of relief, but Tie Guy knew it wasn’t over yet, his strange feeling assured him of that. Over the years, he’s learned to always trust his hunches, but this was something completely different yet eerily similar. What did it mean? He shook his head; he simply didn’t have an answer. Best not to think about it, he desperately tried to convince himself, but he no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t forget about it. It kept wandering into his mind then floating away before he could get a grasp on it. Pushing it one last time out of his mind, he picked up the comlink and flipped it on.

“Havoc, you there?” he asked.

“Yes, I’m in the medical ward. You better get down here, this guys in serious condition and he,” Havoc faltered, “well, just come on down.”

Tie’s frustration was growing by the standard minute. What now?, he wondered to himself. Havoc wasn’t helping any, and he considered ordering him to say what it was, but then sighed and thought better of it. “Alright, I’ll be down in a second.” He replied instead as he headed for the turbolift.

The turbolift ride, while no longer than a minute, seemed to take forever. That strange feeling he had was now gut wrenching, and growing worse by the moment. While earlier he could not grasp it, the feeling was now perfectly clear. It was fear. But what did he have to fear from a beat up jedi? No, he wasn’t scared, he decided, it was something else, something even more elusive than the feeling itself. Fear of the past? Fear of the future? Was there even a difference?

With a wave of white light an image flashed before Tie’s eyes. He was surrounded by stars and millions of lights flashed from all directions, focusing on one central abject. He stared into the center of image, and suddenly sank to his knees, trembling. As soon as it had come the vision passed. It had lasted no longer than a second before it faded into nothingness. The strange feeling was gone.

Tie had just regained his balance when the turbolift doors opened, revealing a small, clean, white room. A single bed was placed on the end opposite the lift, and a counter was piled high with utensils and packages and bottles. Two figures occupied the room, one standing, the other lying on a bed. A medical droid was injecting the latter with a light blue substance. The patient did not move. Tie, still regrouping himself after his collapse, took a slow, cautious step forward, into the bright light. Havoc looked up from his inspection of the patient.

“Tie, are you feeling ok?” Havoc asked, a tone of true concerned on his voice.

“Yeah,” came the Dark Eye Commander’s reply, “it’s nothing.”

Havoc paused, as if thinking of how he should phrase his next line. “You might want to look at this,” was all he could manage, motioning to the bed.

Tie, his head now slumped and his hand on his forehead as if in deep thought, walked the few paces to the bedside. He couldn’t get his mind off that image. He stood before the bed for a few seconds before anything happened. Havoc spoke first.

“You sure you’re ok? You look worried.”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Tie lifted his head slowly to look for the first time at the patient he risked his men and livelihood to save. “Its just that I wa…” He faltered. It can’t be….No... He told himself. He took a step back and then regained his composure, pushing the thought back into the area of his mind he pushed all such strange occurrences, a space seeming more and more occupied these days. He took a deep breath and forced himself to talk. “I want a report on his health immediately,” He said to the medical droid. “Let’s go, Havoc, we don’t belong here,” he said solemnly.

The two exited the room together, making their ascent up the turbolift shaft in silence. Havoc, feeling Tie’s uneasiness, said nothing and was left bewildered, pondering his boss’s strange behavior.

As the two exited the lift, Tie broke the silence. “Havoc, let’s get to the bridge, we should be exiting hyperspace soon, we need to be prepared for the worst.” Havoc nodded, but said nothing.

Tie and Havoc entered the bridge behind the snap-hiss of the door and suddenly Tie’s attitude changed. He felt strangely refreshed and energetic. He turned to a young bridge officer. “How long till we come out of hyperspace?” he snapped.

“Approximately 3 minutes, sir.”

Sorry, this was one of those plot development chapters. My next one will most likely have much more action.

BTW, don't you guys just love foreshaddowing and ambiguity? Thats what reading The Scarlet Letter too many times will do to you. ;)

Originally posted by Young David

About that senator stuff ... maybe that's not the right approach.

But what about a space casino setting? :D

Ooooo.... I like! Would make a very good place for our Dark Eye organization to meet with prospective clients/allies/friends!

Can you say...Sabacc? :p

Chapter 4: Suddenly Monday

Some rookies dared to call it a battlestation when they first saw it. It was big and menacing. But if they'd payed better attention to their master's lessons then they would know that battlestations don't have flashy neon lights, nor did they have their owners name circling round it like a Geonosian astroid belt. Young David's Money Making Casino, or YD's as everyone called it, was spectaculair to see. It was the place where people became rich (not in the last place the owner) and where, more often, people lost everything they had. YD's offered entertainment for everyone: it had sabacc tables for 43 different kind of sabacc variations (including ofcourse YD's sabacc); You could rent a pricey, but luxurious appartment, with or without a sexy Twi'lek female; The restaurant at YD's was one of the finest (and most expensive) on this side of the Galaxy; In a nearby asteroid field a racing course what set out where spacers could test their skills (or end their lives) and earn some money if they were the fastest; There even was a space cantina where those with lesser money could get drunk and lose their last credit.

Young David, the owner of the casino was a rich man. He ranked a nice 76 in the top 100 of richest men in the galaxy and he did everything to get to the top. And the hooded man in front of his desk might be his ticket to that top.

"Five hundred biljon credits is not exactly pocketmoney, mister ..."

"Fergie", said the hooded man.

"Mister Fergie." continued Young David "How can I be certain that you will pay me?"

"You won't," Said Fergie, "You just have to believe me ... " The man suddenly had a shiney cilinder in his hand "... and my lightsaber"

Dang, the man was a sith. Young David always hoped that the war would not come to his casino, but it just did. Sweat drip rolled on his forehead.

"I ... I think I believe you ... what ... what do you req .. requere of me?" stumbled Young David.

Fergie held up a datapad. "I'm looking for a Jedi. Information about him is on this datapad." He layed the pad on Young David's desk. "I trust that you will do everything to hand me over that Jedi." Fergie walked out of the room, but turned around in the dooropening. "I'll be back a standard week from now."

A million toughts crossed Young David's mind. Why would the sith need him? What was so important about this Jedi? Who was this Fergie?

"Wraith!"

Wraith8 entered Young David's office. "You called sir?"

"Yeah. Send a message to Dark Eye 1. I need to speak with Tie Guy!"

"Yes, sir"

Tie Guy. Maybe he could help him. He and Tie Guy were old friends and they trusted each other ... until a certain level. Maybe he knew something about this sith or, he stared at the image on the datapad, about this jedi.

Young David shrugged it off. Time for a round trough the casino, maybe he'd spent some time with that new orange twi'lek girl.

Great Chapter YD!

It adds more depth to the galaxy and sets up a rather "intriguing" segue into the next chapter of the story. I'm really anxious to see where this story will go, because right now... the sky's the limit! :D

I'll take the next chapter!

EDIT: One question: Was there two Sith Fergie and Rommel or just one, Rommel. You made it very ambigous and have several contradictory statements after the sith(s) introduction! ;)

Chapter Five: Rodents and Light Speed

The Raven Star(Dark Eye 2) came out of hyperspace in the remote system of Falledor, overlooking the serene planet of the same name. Though the Raven Star is relatively large with a small docking bay and plenty of space for the Dark Eyes and their equipment, it was not as large as most capital star ships of the time. But silhouetted against the large green planet of Falledor, the Raven Star looked even more tiny and strangely misplaced.

Rogue Nine, chief pilot and captain of the Raven Star finally mounted enough courage to ask his boss the question he, and the rest of the Dark Eyes, had been wondering since their quick departure from Dark Eye 1, “Hey Boss, why did you have us come to this system. It’s as barren as spaid gundark!”

For the first time since the confrontation,Tie Guy allowed himself a chuckle, “Rogue you certainly have a way with metaphors. Just Hold the Raven Star’s position, we’re just going to sit tight for a while.”

“What?!”, came the pilot’s response, not bothering to hide his disbelief, “We’ve probably got half the Sith Fleet hot on our tails, and you want us just to park it, and wait?!”

“Hey, that’s still your commanding officer your speaking to Rogue!”, It was Havoc, “Don’t you worry none. Tie Guy knows what he’s doing!”

Rogue Nine quickly turned back to the Raven Star’s instrument panel slightly perturbed at the rebuke, but knowing better than to get into it with the old Engineer. Tie turned and left the ship’s bridge with Havoc only half a step behind him.

As the two men entered the corridor and the door closed behind them, Havoc finally spoke his mind, “Do you actually think this will work?”

Tie turned to his old friend, doubt weighing heavily in his eyes, “What choice do we have?”

“It’s been years since we’ve had any contact with him!”, came the engineer’s reply, “How do you know he still stops here and checks? He’s probably dead by now!”

“I don’t know.”, came Tie’s reply.

Havoc continued, “Even if he is alive and he still checks on every run, it could be a week before we hear or see anything, and like Rogue said, the Sith are no doubt aware of our little deed!”

“You don’t think I Know that!”, snapped Tie, “It’s my job to know that! I’m still your boss too, remember?!”

Havoc took a step back at his friend’s outburst, “So that’s how it’s going to be?”

Tie Guy took a moment and recollected his composure, “Look, I’m sorry. I’m tired, we just lost Dark Eye 1, and the Sith are no doubt scouring the galaxy for this Jedi and now us. We have to keep a low profile for the moment, but still manage to keep in touch with the rest of the galaxy. This is the best and the only way we can.”

Havoc realized there was something else going on with his friend, but he wasn’t going to prod any further, “I’m sorry too. So, you really think Chase Windu still stops here on runs?”

“I hope so. For that weasel’s sake and ours!”, replied Tie, “I saved his ass more times than I can count, and it’s all I ever asked: That he check here on every run he makes, because this is where I’d be if I ever needed his help.” A smile slowly crept over Tie’s face, “Of course I never actually thought I would need his help, but here we are.”

“Well I guess we’ll know soon enough. That is, if the Sith don’t find us first.”, Havoc replied, almost half to himself.

Tie Guy had already started walking away from the engineer, when he stopped and looked back, “Havoc, what are the other men saying?”

Havoc paused a moment, “Well, to be honest, their kind of wondering why we risked our necks for a Jedi.”

Tie turned quickly and started making his way to his quarters, throwing his reply over his shoulder, “Yeah… me too.”

Several days passed slowly as the Raven Star remained adrift in the Falledor system. They had seen nor heard nothing of the Scoundrel Chase Windu or the Sith. Rogue Nine, at Tie Guy’s request, had grounded the fighters. They didn’t need to attract any more attention to themselves than they had to. The crew’s boredom eventually started taking it’s toll on the men’s morale, specifically the pilots. Several fights had broke out in the mess hall earlier the night before.

The Jedi was constantly on Tie Guy’s mind. Though the medical droid reported the Jedi’s condition frequently to Tie Guy, the report was always the same: status unchanged. The night before, however, the Jedi did start murmuring in his sleep again. Something about a mission, family and the Sith. It was still impossible to gather anything worthwhile from the Jedi’s murmurs.

Early on the third day, just as it seemed they were going to have to pursue some other course of action, hope was born anew.

“Sir, ship exiting hyperspace 230 Km and closing”

“All hands to battle stations, I want three fighters en route, NOW!”, Rogue Nine barked not sure if the ship was friend or foe. He quickly hit the com link “Tie Guy, sir, a small freighter has exited hyperspace and is closing in on our position!”

“I’m on my way, Rogue”, came the tinny reply over the com link.

It seemed to Rogue Nine like it was the longest thirty seconds of his life, as he waited for Tie Guy to reach the bridge. When he did arrive at the bridge he went straight to the com board, “Freighter, please identify yourself!”

It wasn’t long for the incredulous reply, “This is the Pringled Can. Tie is that you?”

“Yeah, Chase, it’s me. Long time no see. I see you still remember your promise!”, Tie answered the man.

“Hey, have I ever let you down?”, asked the freighter’s captain.

Tie smiled as he replied, “I seem to remember an incident on Kashyyk where…”

He was promptly cut off by Chase, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a rhetorical question!”

Chase, you haven’t changed a bit! Go ahead and dock that heap of trash in our docking bay. I’ll meet you there.”

“Roger that, Tie”, was the reply.

On his way to the docking bay, Tie was joined by Havoc who had heard everything, “I’ll be damned!”, Havoc exclaimed, “The old bastard showed did he?”

“Yeah”, Tie replied, “Now we have to find out who’s side the weasel’s playing for.”

The large blast doors slowly opened revealing the Raven Star’s large docking bay, and the now docked Pringled Can. As well as the old pirate Chase Windu. He was a small man, and one look would tell you why Tie Guy refereed to him as a weasel. He had a pointed nose and almost lacked a chin entirely. He had beady eyes and a receding hair line. If it weren’t for his small stature and whiny voice, he’d might actually pass for menacing looking.

Chase seemd to be genuinely happy to see Tie Guy as he raced to meet the two Dark Eyes, “Tie you old pirate. How the ‘ell are ya? And is that Havoc? I would have thought you would be dead by now, you old fart!”

“Well, as you can see I’m very much alive”, Havoc replied as he leaned over the little man, “and I can still kick you sorry ass anyday!”

“Geez, just a gruff as ever! You know, if I didn’t know any better I’d…”

Chase was cut short by Tie, “No time for pleasantries, Chase. If you remember the promise, you’d remember that if I was ever here, It’s because I need your help.”

Chase beamed at the thought, “So, the great Tie Guy needs my help, huh?”

“Yeah, try not to be an ass about it?”, smiled Tie, “We need somebody to be our eyes and ears for a while. We kind of had a slight run in with a Sith. So we need to keep a low profile for a while.”, Tie took a deep breath and asked the question, “So, are you up to the task?”

“Yeah, those Sith have there hands in everything.”, Chase shook his head in disgust, “I wouldn’t even consider such a job, if it weren’t for you saving my butt so many times. So, What else could I say but…sure. I’ll help. What do you need?”

Tie and Havoc sighed with relief then Tie immediately began to give the lowdown to the weasel, “…So I need you to find out everything you can about the Sith and how much they know about us. Also, I need you to find out why the Jedi would want anything to do with the Dark Eyes.”

“Geez, is that it? Why don’t you ask me to successfully navigate the Maw Cluster, that would at least be possible!”, exclaimed Chase as he rolled his eyes.

“Look, can you do it or not?”, Havoc snapped, losing his patience with the little weasel.

“Yeah, I can try. I was heading for Young David’s anyways. I’m sure I can turn up something there, but no promises.”

“If that’s the best you can do, it’ll have to do.”, Tie Guy replied, “Meet us back here in three days, and we’ll go over what you found out.”

Chase nodded agreement, “So let’s talk payment.”

At this Havoc nearly burst, “Why you little…”, Tie quickly intervened.

“Geez, Havoc, can’t you take a joke”, Chase laughed pulling Tie Guy aside and lowering his voice so that Havoc couldn’t hear him, “Hey Tie, so what is my payment?”

“I’ll make sure Havoc, here, doesn’t kill you. Fair enough?”, Tie said, only half joking.

“Right, okay, I guess I best get going then. Three days then.”, Chase said as he started boarding his freighter.

As Tie and Havoc made their way back up to the bridge, the Pringled Can exited the docking bay and made it’s way to the hyperspace jump point, where it vanished into hyperspace in a streak of light. Hopefully heading for Young David’s and not straight into the arms of the enemy. But that was going to be the Dark Eyes least concern…

“Sir, Get up here now!”, it was the panicked voice of Rogue Nine

The two men burst into the bridge half expecting to see a squadron of Sith fighters, but instead all that was heard was a lot of excited yelling over the com line.

“What the ‘ell are you doing?”

“Get back here, you idiot!”

“He’s not responding!”

“What’s going on, Rogue?”, came Tie’s concerned question

“It’s that rookie Jatt13, sir. He is heading straight for the jump point and isn’t responding!”, Rogue answered.

Havoc was first to respond, “What he’s doing out there?”

“I scrambled three fighters when that freighter first showed up. Silenthunter and Kylilin were with those rookies and they decided to grab one for the third wingman. They though it would be a good way to break him in.”, Rogue looked upset, “I’m sorry, sir. They didn’t know.”

“It’s alright, Rogue, none of us saw this coming. Have Silenthunter and Kylilin open fire we can’t afford to have him give away our position…” No sooner had Tie Guy said it, than a bright light was seen and the fighter disappeared in a streak of light.

“Damn!”, exclaimed Tie Guy.

“Remind me to remove the hyperdrives from the fighters, next time”, Havoc stated trying to lighten the moment.

Tie could only look at his friend, “There may not be a next time…”

Archived