Home

Can the westar-34 blaster replace the imperial blaster?

ronbrothers

I recently downloaded [sTGN]Locutus' jango fetts westar-34 blaster. It works beautifully.

I would like to replace the imp_pistol with this blaster so that I can have Jango use it (using stjangofett) in SP. I know this can be done because I did it with Anval Gato's Naboo Blaster. But for some reason, I can't remember how I did it.

If I open up the pk3 file and rename the briar_pistol folder to imp_pistol, that should work in theory. But it doesn't.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Originally posted by ronbrothers

I recently downloaded [sTGN]Locutus' jango fetts westar-34 blaster. It works beautifully.

I would like to replace the imp_pistol with this blaster so that I can have Jango use it (using stjangofett) in SP. I know this can be done because I did it with Anval Gato's Naboo Blaster. But for some reason, I can't remember how I did it.

If I open up the pk3 file and rename the briar_pistol folder to imp_pistol, that should work in theory. But it doesn't.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Try blaster_r, not sure it will work but after looking in the assets0.pk3 that appears to be the one.. but ya its confusing cause imp_pistol looks like it too.

Also i ripped the Jango blaster sound cause this model just ain't the same without it, heres a link if anyone wants it. :)

copy/paste

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/fire.mp3

Yes you could just change the picture coloring. But if you think the bryar shot is not adequate, I urge you to play with the effects system. It's not too hard to use and it gives you much more freedom.

Just in case you don't know... it needs a base\etc. folder structure to work... i suggest unzipping your \effects, \shaders, and \gfx files to some directory (i.e.: c:\my documents\blaster\base\ or other like directory.)making sure you begin with \base first.

Remeber, in order to work with info contained in the assets0.pk3 or the assets1.pk3 you need to decompress(unzip) it with correct directory structure.

And just in case you decide to create new images for the blaster shot and charge_up, they need to be in powers of 2, and they need to be named in the appropriate .shader file or they won't have alpha blending.

Hope that was helpful.

Archived