Home

Dis/Reconnecting

C'jais

Today I visited a Jolt server, where the following act took place:

:) Phew, didn't know it was such a secret....

I asked him why he did this, and was told "cause I can".

Another guy on the server told me the real reason - explained above.

Anyone else been subject to this?

Anyone doing this on purpose? And in that case, why?

Originally posted by cjais

Today I visited a Jolt server, where the following act took place:

A player, once he had lost, disconnected and reconnected immediately afterwards - Deleting his "bad score" and pushing the guy who was supposed to be fighting the victor straight back at the bottom of the queue. As another sideeffect, the reconnector was placed *above* the guy who was pushed back. This was done several times, and I began to wonder....

I asked him why he did this, and was told "cause I can".

Another guy on the server told me the real reason - explained above.

Anyone else been subject to this?

Anyone doing this on purpose? And in that case, why?

jais man, you are mad if you make these things common knowledge everyone will do it mate.

But yeah thats cheap man. what a chief!!!:rolleyes:

That crap has been around on Full Force duel servers forever, it's sad to see now you NF guys have to deal with it.

There is really no way to prevent it, it all comes down to how well they can time it.

Some people can "drop" you into spec mode and stay in the match as a winner, while most just go into spec mode with you as you are dropped.

Wait a minute!

I've seen this done & the only thing I thought happened was you got out of order, as if you got kicked to the back of the line along with him, but he cuts in front of you. Does this mess up your score or scew up stats? If so, I was never aware of it.

And also if this does something wrong, does it also happen if you disconnect/reconnect when you WIN the game? I ask this because a lot of us will disconnect/reconnect in order to keep the current map if everyone wants to stay on that map.

PM the answer if you don't want to post it here.

Archived