Home

Attention HP PC Owners

Darth Groovy

How do you like your computer? Best Buy has a PC that has me drooling, one for it's price, and two for what's under the hood. This one is loaded with features and I am seriously considering buying one. The specs can be found here . The only difference is that the one I want at Best Buy comes with a 17" monitor and an HP 3820 color printer. After rebates the whole package comes out to $949. I don't have to much experience with HP computers, but I do have an HP CD Writer and I love they're printers. Please tell me what you think of this package. Thanks.

Get it... I don't even need to look at the specs...

HP bought Compaq, but the way it has all worked out is more like Compaq bought HP, and I love Compaq. I can guaratee what the actually hardware brands are will work and keep working. All you need to worry about is the specs. But also keep in mind, I bet one of the rebates is some internet service rebate... with my computer, there was a $300 dollar rebate for some internet service or whatnot, but to redeem the rebate, you needed to sign a contract with them saying you'd use their service for 3 years (yes, you would have to pay regular fees over those 3 years)

Something insane like that...

Yeah screw that. I don't use ISPs or depend on them for nothing. I am broadband all the way, and will probably stay that way until until wireless internet becomes available and affordable in my area.

If I have too I will get the tower by itself, which according to this site is about $799. I would however love to have one of those printers that it comes with, and even the price before the rebates which comes to around $1249.97 is not to shabby either for the whole package deal.

Keep in mind that it doesn't have a monitor... but you could probably always use the one from your current computer.. same with the video card.. but the processor is nice and whatnot.. it's pretty much the same way I would build my own computer, minus a few parts and minus the time:)

U might want to try Office Depot too. My mom just bought a new computer with dvd burner etc. You might get a better deal. I have a HP Pavillion and so does my mom - nothing has ever broken on either one. Now I did have an ACER = what a nightmare. I also have a HP VECTRA at work. Now I would not recommend it because my Hard Drive crashed and killed everything. OH and the HP help SUCKS when it comes to the software. We had OFFICE XP problems and they could not help us. Liscensing or soemthing. And if we wanted Microsoft to give us support we had to pay like 30 bucks. Finnaly I just asked the techs at work. But its probably like that for all the computers. I saw go Hewlett packard!

The link is misleading. The one at Best Buy includes the monitor and the printer as well as Polk Audio speakers which are useless to me because I prefer to hook my computer into my Sony House system! :D

I toyed with the idea of building a computer, but I am not that skilled yet, and I have little to no time to do this. The computer I need, and soon because my little Gateway toaster just is not living up to my expectations anymore. Oh and Gateway support sucks ass too, so I guess I neither gain nor loose in that department.

Archived