Home

WIP: Nar Shadaa-esque MP

Gignatz

how do peeps, :D

been a little busy with life lately but have had time to do SOME mapping. Here are some more pics...

view inside entrance area. The area in far background behind the window is the cargo bay area (from last set of screenies):

8214.jpg

same window from the other side. a controlly roomy thingy :):

8213.jpg

outside view of entrance to cargo bay/industrial-ish area (to get your bearings with):

8210.jpg

same doorway viewed from inside:

8209.jpg

view from down the hole. on the left is the doorway out; in front is that window again; and on the right (and out of sight) is the doorway through to the cargo bay:

8215.jpg

Not quite as interesting as the previous lot; but i should be starting on canteen soon :)

thanks AB_Legion, i have thought about ctf...Current map layout not conducive to ctf - maybe release a modified version after i have finished.

Loki - no m8 - signs aren't quite ready yet..working hard on canteen (and college work too ). Soon, my friend,...soon :)

hello again :)

I have started work on Canteen. Have a lot of college work so map_work_time has been a bit patchy. Anyway this is how things look so far (nothing is DEFINITE):

8403.jpg

8402.jpg

the dancefloor lights are style 13 - they flash multicolouredly :). Just typical i caught them as they turned red!

8401.jpg

8400.jpg

thanks Wudan, glad u like. I don't think i'm THAT good though...:)

padawan_7 - been mapping in radiant about a 16 months: have done 2 smallish maps (1 q3 and 1 JKO - both in beta) and have another q3 wip. Learnt mapping in worldcraft doing a TFC map (quite big it was) took about a year but learned a LOT.

Altogether just over a couple of years now...

i have nearly finished the canteen now. Prolly gonna start the mini-temples pretty soon.

Well here's where i am up to for those who still give a monkey's :)

8527.jpg

8525.jpg

8526.jpg

8523.jpg

8522.jpg

8521.jpg

Looks good, just one suggestion though.

I really like the idea of there being an arena in between the two temples, but I think it might be best to separate the two temples (one on one side of the map and the other on the other side of the map). But then, without a lot of changing (or adding) to the map, it would be hard to get the two temples to meet in the middle with that arena area. So my suggestion might not be that workable.

But, either way, I'm sure you'll make it work out. :D

Oh and one more thing, I think that proposed garden/park area is also a good idea. Is it going to be enclosed? If not, it might look a little out of place. :p

The idea for the temples is that they are sort of museum set-pieces. Along the lines of the guy who owns the compound is an industry type with an obsession for all things jedi...

then i got to thinking he maybe sponsors or otherwise encourages jedi of many flavours (dark light grey brown) to hang around and fight; maybe he even offers short courses and "awareness" weekends :p

Anyway I am going to get the rationale for the place out of my head (where it has been for a while now) and on to paper at some point which will hopefully make the place seem more like a place in the starwars galaxy than a random collection of arenas-on-a-stick :explode:

Originally posted by Gignatz

The idea for the temples is that they are sort of museum set-pieces. Along the lines of the guy who owns the compound is an industry type with an obsession for all things jedi...

then i got to thinking he maybe sponsors or otherwise encourages jedi of many flavours (dark light grey brown) to hang around and fight...

Okay, that makes sense now. I think it will work. :)

Archived