Home

WIP: Nar Shadaa-esque MP

Gignatz

FFA/DUEL (may change)

GTKRadiant

Lo peeps,

I have just recently started a map based on Nar Shadaa. It is intended for low force, sabers only, ffa duels and Duel mode.

I may expand on what i have done and turn it into a ctf map - i seem to have enough frame-rate to play with.

anyway, there are 3 screenies here:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=6646&type=i&DateToView=10/27/2002

and 2 older ones here:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=6646&type=i&DateToView=10/25/2002

Hope you like :)

well i rooted out my painter 5 (bout time i reinstalled it!) and tweaked all the screenshots' brightness.

they are now here :

http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=6646&type=i&DateToView=10/27/2002

the top 4 are the beta-test map and btm 4 my new map.

Anakin_S: i intend to have 3 or 4 arenas inside the buildings depending on what vis will let me do - shouldnt be too much trouble - make each arena a bit different. there are some fairly large platforms too.

(I'd have to be a bit dull (in all senses of the word) to make a map intended for duels out of walkways only :) )

Originally posted by Gignatz

Anakin_S: i intend to have 3 or 4 arenas inside the buildings depending on what vis will let me do - shouldnt be too much trouble - make each arena a bit different. there are some fairly large platforms too.

(I'd have to be a bit dull (in all senses of the word) to make a map intended for duels out of walkways only :) )

Just checking. You just never know what people will do. ;)

What a weekend!! Computer virus on friday; had to reformat but managed to save my map work :D

Saturday night the toilet blocked and started leaking - right above my computer!! :eek: finally got fixed this afternoon; 2 days without relief!! :c3po:

and then the guttering along the front of the house got blown off!!! :deathii:

Anyway more importantly i managed to resume work on map sunday afternoon - took my mind off the fact we had no toilet.

i have posted some more pics here:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=6646&type=i&DateToView=10/29/2002

i have started to tunnel into the buildings (nice and neatly of course :)) I plan to add 3-4 arenas inside the buildings.

Thinking of doing :

1. a canteen type place (T3rr0r :))

2. a genu-wine recreation of a genu-wine Jedi Temple

(a museum type place - might seem a bit out of place though

3. an industrial type thingy

(ok i'm starting to get a bit vague-ish here...:))

Any suggestions would be welcome...

JEDI_Anakin_S: tell me 'bout it lol

Thanks for the attention (it's the only reason i do this :p )

well i have decided that there is going to be 2 museum type places recreating a Sith Temple and a Jedi Temple which both meet in middle. They aren't going to be THAT big; but big enough for good duels. To get the idea that they are museum like places there are going to be neon signs n stuff and hopefully these will make it _seem_ right. (of course it could just seem daft lol)

Also there will be the Canteen and the Industrial bit. I'd like a few pot-plants too somewhere - a little rooftop park maybe?

Anyway here is a sign i have been working on (it's kind of a rough sketch i spose):

8051.jpg

It's intended for the Sith Temple Museum - the "words" actually say "Temple of the Sith" (according to this alphabet anyway. Click here to read about it.

this week i have mostly been fiddling with textures. BUT i have made a bit more progress on what is going to be the industrial site. The floorplan is pretty much laid out now and there is a cargo bay with a view. Most of the work has been spent on the outside bit (which won't be accessible to the player). There is still work to do but here is a screeny anyway... :)

8132.jpg

(does anyone know how to do a force-field type thing in MP? I'm going to research it but it would be handy if anyone here knows :))

Beautiful!

Beautiful I say!

Wonderful!

Wonderful I say!

Beautiful and Wonderful I say!

No beta, beta's are over-rated, just get the work done.

Maybe have a closed beta with a few people(I'm not asking to be one, but you can pick me if you like :D).

And always keep mapping.

BTW, sorry about your toilet. ;)

Originally posted by Wes Marrakesh

Oh boy.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the purple sign isn't his. It's done by Starunnrt in his or her map, Coruscant Promenade. Unless you have permission from the author, I'd suggest you get another texture. It's plaugerism to use it.

Then again, I probably missed a key point...

Well on the actual page that the screenies with SR's signs on are on it credits Starunner everywhere...

e.g. http://www.massassi.net/ec/post.php3?function=image_edit&date_to_edit=10/30/2002

and on some of the forums i have reiterated this (adding extra adoration of these beautiful textures) . Got a bit tired of doing it tho...

When final release is ... er... released the readme will credit SR fully and properly: unless of course i have replaced these textures with my own creations/monstrosities :p

Starunner says it's ok to use his/her textures as long as you give him/her credit. I have and er... i have/do :)

Originally posted by Wes Marrakesh

Oh and Grets, I thought you retired from the mapping scene:confused:

Heh, someone actually noticed me!

Well, not yet, I'm still mapping.

I just don't get around to posting WIP threads anymore, due to the excessive amount of WIP's on my hd, and the extremely long time it takes me to make stuff.

I'll probably get some WIP thread's going soon though, as I'm trying to get my rear in gear and turn out some great maps!

By the way, how's it going with you Wes?

But, back to the map...

Archived