Home

In single player, why does Jan's gun go out of position when...

Edward Peretti

there's a great tutorial on this. i think this is it:

http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68203

I'm assuming it's your Mara model. Just name the new .npc file "stmara" if you want her to have a gun or "jedimara" if you want a saber. then extract the model.glm and the .skin file to the "base/models/players" under the name you chose. hope this helps. and btw, how's the mara comin? i'll be glad to test it out if you'd like or even get the npc working if that's the excuse. hehe. it looks phenomenal. e-mail here

CooL! Thanks for that :D

Mara's comming along nicely. I've just finished tweaking the weights in the face and she's looking good in-game. I still have to do the LOD's amongst other things. I'm gonna learn how to make a shader for her shiney bits next.

don't worry, I'm adding you to my beta tester list ;)

That's correct except that for a blaster, it is "rebelmara" instead of "stmara".

The following will work:

jedimara - jedi

rebelmara - mara with stormtrooper blaster

bespincopmara - mara with bespincop pistol

prisonermara - unarmed mara

the other prefixes: st, weequay, reborn, and gran will only work for enemy characters. That's why unfortunately the chewie model can only use a blaster instead of a bowcaster as a npc.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the additional :)

It seemed to work when I re-named the npc Jan model entry from "mara" to "stmara". though it meant I had to change the player model folder name. I think eitherway I'll have to modify the player model folder, which will ultimately change the name in multi-player game to "st..." or whatever. is there a way to get around re-naming the actual player model folder?

I'd like to include this mod with the release if it didn't mean having to do that.

Originally posted by Edward Peretti

is there a way to get around re-naming the actual player model folder?

yes, there is a way to do new npcs that act like others without replacing them... but i wouldn't be the one to ask. i think there's a thread or tutorial somewhere that helps with that.

Ed, as far as I know, there is no way to do that. I have made several packs both by replacing the stock npcs and also by adding new ones. I wish there were. But from what I understand, any new npc that you add will act like the Raven ones. For example, you can add a battledroid as stbattledroid and substitute sound file entries in the npc.cfg file with whatever soundfiles you want. But the battledroid will do what the Raven stormtroopers were designed to do ... as long as you use the "st" prefix. Those rules can be applied to several SW characters. Mara fit in fine as rebelmara or jedimara. Han Solo would fit in nicely with bespincophan or rebelhan. And any sith character would work as "rebornwhatever".

I have made my own individual packs for each SW movie and EU books using available models and skins. And they are rounding out very nicely.

But to sum it up, you have to almost keep a score card to keep track of all the npc names you have to use... stbobafett, jediyoda, rebornroyalguard, bespincoppadme, reborntusken, prisonerjarjar, jedikitfisto, jediaayla, ect.

I'd be nice if you could just type in "mara" or "maul" and not spawn a npc with a blaster between their legs.

hey ed,

i've found that it works quite fine to keep the "mara" folder name for multiplayer. for npcs, just put your model.glm and default.skin files into your "rebelmara" or "stmara" folder. with just those two files it'll work fine. let me know if this works. again - i'll be more than happy to help you out on this.

as for the lightsaber bot color. just set the saber color in .bot file to "5". This will give Mara her purple saber. If you're curious about other colors let me know.

The new knows...

You CAN spawn a npc named just mara...

Just copy lando (ex.), then rename the one you copied and call it mara, keeping the line "fulname calsomething, lando", She will have a E-11 blaster and abuse with the secondary shot...

Personally I have a Spawneable "Han", "Chewie" and "Dash", and all of them works fine...

Sorry if I type something wrong and Hi to everybody.

more info use messenger to contact me at jedimasterpayne@hotmail.com

forgot... the folder of the model still needs to be rebel(some), or the weapons go directly to character's legs. (see, edit 3 times lol)

I've just basicaly renamed the model folder rebelmara. It's no big deal, as long as the player name isn't affected.

Another question: I've finished with the sounds but in multiplayer about 10 percent of those sounds are used. So I get no taunts or victorys or any of the others. Only pain and death jump and land. Does anyone know why?

multiplayer only uses those sounds (pain, taunt), the rest (suspicious, anger, combat, etc are for SP only, for more taunts, use jedi (mod or plus), bots rarely or never taunt...

btw: you may copy lando, luke or desann, so your character may have blaster, unlimited jump heigh or be ungripable (?).

cool, thanks for the help guys.

I think I'll leave out the replace Jan with Mara mod. I realised I didn't want to intentionaly place Mara in that mushy "Kyles piece of ass" role that Raven ended up placing Jan in.

I'm still questioning whether to use LODs. I'll probably end up making one or two, but not four!

Archived