Home

updated obi-wan model

PerfectJamie

yes, indeed it looks good.

Now, constructive criticism: :)

I think the belt section is too low, and the arms are a little low also (don't match the shoulders :confused: , it looks like he has padded shoulders). Maybe you can post a side view of the model.

Nice going, keep up!

Laaaaaaate

Fineart.sk

has a vast amount of anatomy pictures. Something just seems a bit off in your render. I would suggest a uniform scale of the hands. Did you build this model in halves? if so, I would suggest you construct half the head before the mirror. That makes tweaking the verts a lot easier.

Whats your current polycount...you can find this under ulities, and load the polycounter, this allows you to set a budget and watch you current amount.

Its a good start, somethings that need fixing...

shoulders need to be wider

chest needs to be thicker

quads on the legs need to wider

feet point in too much and the toes should be wider

I would work on the chest first, find some pictures off theforce.net make reference images and have them open in whatever program your modelling in and scale the model over them.

Hey Jamie, thanks for the side view, dude

I will say...

The feets are too way long. No problem with the hands it all good. The legs: two possible things, 1. the all leg is too short or 2. the boot is too high.

In the side view the model looks a little weird, I think you must work more in the chest, it looks kinda skinny

Jamie, Did you check out http://www.fineart.sk/ as Meat Puppet suggest? In that site you can find frontal and side views of a "ideal" male. I use those images myself as reference.

The clothes are just that, cotton or whatever, just fabrics and styles. If you start modeling the body, ant then put the clothes on the model it will more easy.

I don't know what modeling software you are using, I use gmax for now and this is how I do it:

1. Create 2 rectangles, one on the side view and other one on the front view.

2. Create 2 new Materials, using the material editor, with the reference images.

3. UVWMap the rectangles.

4. Select the rectangles, right click and choose "Properties". Uncheck "Show frozen in Gray"

5. Apply Freeze Selection.

Now you will have a uneditable reference images in workspace.

Laaaaaaaate!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived