Home

Alt.'s Model Gir!

Hellfire Jedi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Ok hes got it UVW Mapped umm all that shtuff its skinned but it needs bones and tags or something he said so u guys tell me

I will post some pictures next post gimme a sec to fix some up

its a gmax too :D

huh? Alt.'s Model Gir!? am i the only 1 that doesent kno what u are talking about?:confused:

It won't work with gmax... sorry. You need to export it to 3dsmax before you can even THUNK about weighting it and binding it to the raven skeleton.

It's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Don't look my way for help though, I'm havign trouble with static map models :(.

I don't have max and i doubt thats the only way people wouldnt model if u had to pay over 1000 dollars to make a model for a game....

Exactly why i was asking a friend with one of those and NO your wrong i know one milkshape that does that or something along those lines but i KNOW that it not the only one that can do that

Umm Terc or moooa if one of u guys happens to look at this you guys think u could fix it up and add animations or something like that cuz i would love it if u did so would alt plz

The possibility of new animations has been discussed to death... right now there is no way to do it. And Terc has his hands full with his own model.

I don't have max and i doubt thats the only way people wouldnt model if u had to pay over 1000 dollars to make a model for a game....

Exactly why i was asking a friend with one of those and NO your wrong i know one milkshape that does that or something along those lines but i KNOW that it not the only one that can do that

Max is not required, per se, but it is the best solution. Maya or Lightwave might be able to do it assuming the appropriate import/export plugins were written. Gmax can weight and all that good stuff, but there isn't a .xsi importer/exporter for it yet (and probably won't be for a while). The .xsi importer/exporter is crucial.

About the price of MAX; it's more like $3500.00 professional license. I got mine for around $450.00 student license. But Maya and Lightwave aren't much better. Maya, Lightwave and Softimage|XSI (student versions) are all comperably priced ($400.00-$800.00 USD), but pro versions are costly.

Raven made the models with 3dsmax and Softimage|XSI; is it so unlikely that they expect most people to use the same software to augment the game?

I have the ability to weigh gir for you, but I've never weighed a model for jk2 before. I need to learn though because I'm going to have to weigh my model eventually and if I know how to do it beforehand it will make it that much easier. The only thing I'm unsure of is how to attach gir to the skeleton because of size issues. Have to scale him up right? I didn't really pay that much attention to Yoda during creation so I'm not sure how they did that.

You could rig it in gmax, but there's currently no exporter that supports skeletons and weighting. So you wouldn't be able to get it out of gmax fully rigged. From what everyone else has been complaining about in model threads, rigging is a b!t(h, so I don't want to say I'll devote time to that model. I have enough trouble finding time for my own work sometimes. Ummmm....gimme some more time to think it over.

Archived