Home

Possible SP code release?!

Gabrobot

Originally posted by Tinny

ef was release a looong while back. jo sp source code will prolly be released around the time they announce jk3.

Maybe, maybe not...

Raven might have recently decided to release SP code for their games, and they chose EF first. Then they might go on to their latter games and release the JKII SP code.

Originally posted by GSR_skywalker

so what if they release the source, it is pointless, has anyoen figured out how to impliment it into the SP mode, you cant recompile it, its agenst the EULA

you don't seem to understand what you're talking about dude..

if they release the SP source, we would be able to create SP mod ...

there is no such thing "implement it into the SP mode".

if they release the code , you will be able AND allowed to recompile it and create whatever mod you want...

1. They might be able to release part of the source code, the stuff in jk2gamex86.dll. This is assuming there is no Q3 engine code in there (shouldn't be), and also assumes that that DLL does not require the source code of jk2sp.exe to compile, which contains Q3 engine code.

2. I've heard rumors that some Australlian PC magazine said there would be a JO expansion in December. LEC said they didn't want to release the source code because fans might "make an expansion" before they do. Raven has said stuff about "secret projects", and Mike Gummelt (ChangKahn) told me there was a "secret project" in a JO MP game once. LEC and Raven are also pretty dodgy when you ask about expansions.

After an expansion, there's a much larger chance they will release the source code. If not that, then hopefully they will have externalized more stuff to text files, like SoF2 has. Raven has said they wanted to, but had no time.

1. They might be able to release part of the source code, the stuff in jk2gamex86.dll. This is assuming there is no Q3 engine code in there (shouldn't be), and also assumes that that DLL does not require the source code of jk2sp.exe to compile, which contains Q3 engine code.

there is no q3 engine code in this dll. and it doesn't require any source files from the jk2sp.exe ...

just look at the elite force single player sdk, it's exactly the same system.

• 3 weeks later...

Evidently there are "issues" (presumably legal ones) with Activision and LucasArts which prevent Raven from releasing the SP code at this time. It has been suggested that at some point they might be able to, but not in the near future...

Which is unfortunate for the MOD teams (like the one I'm affiliated with) who are trying to create SP-like MODs, who could really benefit from the SP source and an SP SDK.

Oh well. I guess all we can do is be patient and await its release, and in the meantime work with the tools we've got.

:(

Archived