Home

Good non-lucasarts adventure games?

ilswyn

I forget if we've ruled out all the lucasarts games...but I bought a couple of lucasarts packs that had many fun games like MI:

Zak McCracken

Loom

Full Throttle

The Dig (by steven spieldberg;) )

Maniac Mansion (my favorite)

Indiana Jones...

A few others.....

Also, yeah the Kings Quest games rock, my favorites being 1 (remastered), 3, 5, 6, and 7.

And for console....I'd say Final Fantasy 3...though that is an RPG, its the best FF one out there :)

Ben

Well actually, this thread is about non-lucas games, but hey, I forgive :)

anyways, there are some good home-made amateur adventure games made, I'm starting on one right now :) It's quite easy to use and it's a lot of fun to create ur own adventure without any programming knowledge at all....

visit:

http://www.agsforums.com

there you'll find an interesting game called:

pleurghburg, it is really good - trust me :)

Oh and also you can download the program AGS - Adventure Game Studio (freeware) there.

Yeah, the Longest Journey was fantastic, but needs a sequel to finish the story. Sure, you've got all your problems solved, but really, I never want that game to end!!! Ah well, such is life.

Also, you should probably give Syberia a shot, and Post-Mortem (just released by the Syberia people) is lookin pretty good, hoping to get it one of these days.

One more thing. How is it that NOONE has mentioned Gabriel Knight yet??? That was one of the best non-LEC game series' ever!!! Bah, you must play them. let loose, and discover the goodness of Sierra games. They weren't half bad, and space quest had its moments too.

Well, It's nice to be agreed with. Wow. My first foray outside of the Sam and Max forums and I got somebody to agree with me. Don't I feel special. As I side note. I just got Post Mortem, and I say now, GO BUY!!! good game. Microids and Benoit Sokal all the way! Also, I forgot to mention Amerzone earlier. Another Sokal game. He and LA seem to be making the only stand out adventures of the past 3 years...

One of the best graphic-adventure games I have played are "Sanitarium". I don´t remember the publisher, but I think it came 1997. It is nearly the same interface as CMI, but without humor. It is a very wellwritten storyline with great (not fantastic but great) music and voices. A kind of goth feeling...

Archived