Home

Multiple Pistols?

Daskers

please could you make a demo and even try to get permission to add it in with the jetpack demo so we could have a jango mod in the making. just to wet our appetite. because i also found on jk2files.com they had a working jango pistol model and this would take the cake.

one question does it also do 2 pistols in first person veiw or only third?

Well by all means, do tell us where to find it. Or if we can find it. Or any other tidbits of info you can give out. Because of course...we do know nothing. >.>.

Basically what I'm trying to say is...if you're going to say "it's been done" At least tell us where to find it, since that's what this thread is about...

You can have more than 16 weapons in jk2, if you set MAX_POWERUPS to 0 and MAX_WEAPONS to 32.

Thats allows you to habe 32 weapons but no powerups.

Which would probably be very useful if you wanted to make a dual weapon mod. Where you carry two different weapons at the same time.

Are you sure? I just changed MAX_WEAPONS to 32 and the code compiles, but it doesn't agree with the executeable. It's the same kind of problem as the WLS Co-Op mod came up against - they needed to change q_shared.h, (see MAX_MODELS) but you can't without needing to recompile the jk2mp.exe file, which we can't do.

Have you done it, and does it work, is really what I'm interested in. I've thought of some creative work arounds, but if it's just me, then maybe I just suck at coding (likely, but, hey, I'm getting better.)

I was going to add a second weapon to make a dual weapon, but I decided against that because of the MAX_WEAPONS limit, besides, the new idea I've got will make dual pistols more net friendly.

Okay,

Now this does work, but to have more weapons you have to be willing to scrifice something else.

Original code

#define MAX_STATS 16

#define MAX_PERSISTANT 16

#define MAX_POWERUPS 16

#define MAX_WEAPONS 16

Now what you do.

#define MAX_STATS 16

#define MAX_PERSISTANT 16

#define MAX_POWERUPS 8

//I subtracted 8 from the powerups

#define MAX_WEAPONS 24

//I then added the 8 which I subtacted to the weapons.

// - 8 from powerups = + 8 to max_weapons count

//If you just add 16 to the weapons count without subtacting it from something. It doesn't equal the magic number = jk2mp error.

Okay, heres it nice and simple, whatever you take you have to give back to another limit.

I hope that clears things up.

As for the WLS coop mod, I don't see why they just didn't subtract some from the MAX_SOUNDS and add it to MAX_MODELS

If that was there problem.

If theres room for more weapons, is it possible to perhaps import more weapons INTO the game. For instance, I would really like to be able to use jango's duel pistols, but I don't want to really have to sacrifice another weapon to do so.

have you ever tried to do that gw_leader ?

because changing the defines won't change the weapon array problem.

all the weapons info are transmited between the server/client in an 8 bytes word.

if you want to break this limit then go there :

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/006307.html

it's explained in a much better way than i possibly could.

EDIT : i reread your post and the defines change the STATS, which are actually the bytes sent through the network. so this might work ...

did you actually tried that ? i d like to know ...

Interesting,

Thankyou, I'll make a note of that.

Yes, what I said to do in my previous post did work, I was able to add whatever number of weapons I wanted and not get a stupid jk2mp error, as long as I subtracted from another stat in that group of four.

Originally posted by Daskers

If theres room for more weapons, is it possible to perhaps import more weapons INTO the game. For instance, I would really like to be able to use jango's duel pistols, but I don't want to really have to sacrifice another weapon to do so.

Well, if you use a variant of the hilt code and Q_stricmp then you could change the properties of the pistol depending on the model (i.e. if a guy has a dual-pistol models called jango_pistols.glm then he could fire faster or deal more damage with the pistols then a guy with dual-pistol models called han_solo_blaster.glm).

(BTW, well done to the people who contributed to this thread, finally something interesting to read about in the Coding forum!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived